Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Mayock agrees with me regarding overrated Bjoern Werner. I told you so.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    Why? Carradine is clearly more physically gifted, and has the length the giants love. If he didnt have the injury, I would think he would be a top 10 pick. His play style is similar to Aldon Smith, IMO.
    The injury scares me, He hasn't even worked out yet

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      They need an edge rusher more then a strongside end. I wouldnt dislike it but I want to see someone with pop off the edge. I really want Mingo and would be willing to move up some for him.
      I think I might just hope somehow Carradine makes it to them in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
        The injury scares me, He hasn't even worked out yet
        April 20th. All he has done so far is the bench.

I dont like the injury either, but Im not sure there is a better all around DE in this draft than Carradine. He can do everything you want and already has the frame and strength to play any down.

Mingo/Jordan are the best pure pass rushers, but neither is a base end. At least not anytime soon.

Comment

April 20th. All he has done so far is the bench. I dont like the injury either, but Im not sure there is a better all around DE in this draft than Carradine. He can do everything you want and already has the frame and strength to play any down.Mingo/Jordan are the best pure pass rushers, but neither is a base end. At least not anytime soon.
          If he's the pick I hope I'm wrong.. Heck, I didn't like the JPP pick

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
            If he's the pick I hope I'm wrong.. Heck, I didn't like the JPP pick
            Im not opposed to gambling on someone as gifted as he is.

But I would much prefer him in the 2nd, doubtful he lasts that long though.

Comment

Im not opposed to gambling on someone as gifted as he is.

But I would much prefer him in the 2nd, doubtful he lasts that long though.
              Trade back to 25 grab a 3rd or 4th if u can and then take him. If u can do something similar to the Kiwi trade

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                Trade back to 25 grab a 3rd or 4th if u can and then take him. If u can do something similar to the Kiwi trade
                Would like that move quite a bit. And there should be still a good amount of talent in the 3rd/4th. Good depth this draft.

Comment

Why? Carradine is clearly more physically gifted, and has the length the giants love.

If he didnt have the injury, I would think he would be a top 10 pick. His play style is similar to Aldon Smith, IMO.
                  Aldon Smith?? Not even in the same class. I'm a christian and i can't believe u said that, Aldon Smith would have a cow if he heard that. At missouri Aldon Smith was a BEAST. You could rush him inside or out. Almost beat the single season sack record last season. Tank is closer to Tuck, then Smith.

Comment

April 20th. All he has done so far is the bench.

I dont like the injury either, but Im not sure there is a better all around DE in this draft than Carradine. He can do everything you want and already has the frame and strength to play any down.

Mingo/Jordan are the best pure pass rushers, but neither is a base end. At least not anytime soon.
                    The thing is that injury happened in November, late November to be exact.

If he does in fact run the 40 and do all the agility drills they perform at the combine(that is what he said) on April 20th, less than 5 months after his injury, I do not think his stock will suffer much at all and the chances of him being a 1st rounder will certainly go up. Especially if his April 20th performance includes him allowing team Docs to evaluate his knee.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                      Aldon Smith?? Not even in the same class. I'm a christian and i can't believe u said that, Aldon Smith would have a cow if he heard that. At missouri Aldon Smith was a BEAST. You could rush him inside or out. Almost beat the single season sack record last season. Tank is closer to Tuck, then Smith.
                      I dont care about sack numbers.

And Tuck also rushes inside a lot, just like Smith did in college.

I actually thought that a bit though, watching Tank, he looks like a lankier Tuck.

Physically though, I think he is in that aldon smith range of prospect. Not as well rounded, not as good with his hands.
                      But in terms of having that length, and the ability to change directions, looks to me a lot like Aldon did. Aldon was a much better finisher, I will give him that.
                      Last edited by slipknottin; 04-11-2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I actually thought that a bit though, watching Tank, he looks like a lankier Tuck.

Physically though, I think he is in that aldon smith range of prospect. Not as well rounded, not as good with his hands.
                        But in terms of having that length, and the ability to change directions, looks to me a lot like Aldon did. Aldon was a much better finisher, I will give him that.
                        Lol Tanks bigger then Tuck....Also Smith is much quicker off the edge then tank

Comment

I dont see the Aldon thing at all. Aldon beats guys with a combination of things but his quickness is the most glaring attribute.

While Tank isnt slow by any means he beats guy with his incredible strength, power and leverage.

I think it is fair to say that Tank is every bit a phreak on the strength spectrum as Aldon was on the quickness and speed spectrum.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                            Osi was rarely a strongside DE. Strahan, and Tuck were.

And so was Werner. Remeber him? the guy the thread is about.

I was merely pointing out that 7-8 sacks per year is by no means a bad player.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                              Lol Tanks bigger then Tuck....Also Smith is much quicker off the edge then tank
                              Tank isnt bigger than Tuck... Tuck is taller, and is probably heavier as well. Though Tuck has a somewhat strange build where his waistline seems very low, which is what gives him such a low center of gravity.

And Carradine when he gets into pure pass rush mode, he may be nearly as explosive as a Mingo type.

Comment

Tank isnt bigger than Tuck... Tuck is taller, and is probably heavier as well. Though Tuck has a somewhat strange build where his waistline seems very low, which is what gives him such a low center of gravity.

And Carradine when he gets into pure pass rush mode, he may be nearly as explosive as a Mingo type.
                                ur a jackass....Yes Tuck is taller, but tank is heavier, now maybe we have a different definition of lanky, but....And have you ever seen Tank play? I don't think he had one sack where it came from pure speed off the edge

Comment

Working...
                                X