Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphins at 12 - potential trade partner for us? per Rotoworld

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dolphins at 12 - potential trade partner for us? per Rotoworld

    League sources believe the Dolphins may actually trade back from No. 12 in the draft if the tackle trio of Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson is already off the board.
    The persistent buzz has been that the Dolphins are plotting an aggressive move up, but they're apparently willing to "trade back to take advantage of a deep draft." We still think a move up is more likely than down, but the Dolphins could target Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert if they move back a few picks. The Dolphins have a huge hole at tight end, and are said to "appreciate" the draft's consensus top TE. Apr 12 - 10:56 AM


    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8408/tyler-eifert


    It makes sense for the Dolphins to trade back to 19 to take either Eifert or Fluker if the top 3 OTs are off the board. TE and OT are huge needs for them and 19 is better value for Eifert/Fluker

    Do you think it's a good idea to trade up to 12 and take Xavier Rhodes or Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper? What would it take to jump from 19 to 12?

  • #2
    Not really like us to trade up in the first.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd rather trade down in this draft.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

      Comment


      • #4
        Who would we be targeting to trade up for?

        I don't see anyone worth giving up draft picks to move up 7 spots in the first. Maybe at the time of the pick for Ansah (if available) or Rhodes (if we have him rated that high)?

        Highly doubtful though, given our history with draft day trades.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          I'd rather trade down in this draft.

          True, but if Chance Warmack is sitting there at 12, and the Dolphins are willing to trade, I'd pull the trigger

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
            Who would we be targeting to trade up for?

            I don't see anyone worth giving up draft picks to move up 7 spots in the first. Maybe at the time of the pick for Ansah (if available) or Rhodes (if we have him rated that high)?

            Highly doubtful though, given our history with draft day trades.

            Chance Warmack is easily worth the trade up

            You're talking about a likely perennial All-Pro guard that will keep the pocket firm for Eli and extend his career as he's getting older....and open up holes for the power running game

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EliManningUp View Post
              Chance Warmack is easily worth the trade up

              You're talking about a likely perennial All-Pro guard that will keep the pocket firm for Eli and extend his career as he's getting older....and open up holes for the power running game
              Well, Warmack is projected as a Top 10 pick so very possibly not available at the #12 spot.

              However, if available you see the Giants trading up in the first round for an OG?

              Haven't been following us long have we?

              P.S. - That's not to say that Warmack isn't worth trading up for ... I agree that he looks like a blue-chipper all the way. I just don't see the Giants doing it.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by EliManningUp View Post
                League sources believe the Dolphins may actually trade back from No. 12 in the draft if the tackle trio of Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson is already off the board.
                The persistent buzz has been that the Dolphins are plotting an aggressive move up, but they're apparently willing to "trade back to take advantage of a deep draft." We still think a move up is more likely than down, but the Dolphins could target Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert if they move back a few picks. The Dolphins have a huge hole at tight end, and are said to "appreciate" the draft's consensus top TE. Apr 12 - 10:56 AM


                http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8408/tyler-eifert


                It makes sense for the Dolphins to trade back to 19 to take either Eifert or Fluker if the top 3 OTs are off the board. TE and OT are huge needs for them and 19 is better value for Eifert/Fluker

                Do you think it's a good idea to trade up to 12 and take Xavier Rhodes or Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper? What would it take to jump from 19 to 12?
                I have no player in mind at 12 for the Giants to trade up at this moment, BUT, if Ziggy slides to the Dolphins that's the only player I would like the Giants to trade up. If he slips he is not getting passed by the Saints, Steelers or Cowturds.
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  However, if available you see the Giants trading up in the first round for an OG?

                  Haven't been following us long have we?
                  Why do you think its cool to be such a condescending ***** to people?
                  2017 Draft Wishlist:
                  1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                  2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                  3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                  4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                  5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                  6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                  7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                  sigpic
                  "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                  - Homer J. Simpson

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I agree that if Warmack or Ansah are there, its at least worth considering.
                    2017 Draft Wishlist:
                    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                    sigpic
                    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                    - Homer J. Simpson

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                      Why do you think its cool to be such a condescending ***** to people?
                      Seriously you have to stop stalking me dude.

                      I don't love you. I don't even like you.

                      It's creepy.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think the only chance we would trade up to the number 12 slot is if a pass rusher or top cornerback falls like ansah or rhodes,


                        Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                        Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          People want to trade up for a guard? Jesus Christ.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We don't fit the mold of a team that would trade up. The only way I see it happening is if Reese was absolutely in love with a guy like Ansah.

                            Our team is getting old. Our team has some key players who are on the rapid decline. We have as many if not more holes than we have had in a long time. Next year we have multiple talented other young players coming to contract who we may needs replacements for in a year.

                            We need a lot of picks to fill not only our current holes but the potential holes that could come up next year.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              But the Dolphins desperately need a CB. Why would they trade down if the OT's are off the board? I think they're a lock to take Rhodes or Trufant there.
                              Last edited by titwio; 04-12-2013, 04:41 PM.
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X