Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Weeks until Draft.....who is your number ONE???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    not sold on ziggy,,,he is more hype than substance but we will see. to hear people(not you) say he compares to JPP is laughable. dont see the Gmen taking any OL not named fisher or joeckel but they wont drop. I would love the pick to be ogeltree but I think it could be rhodes and then steal arthur brown in the 2nd.
    I think Ziggy is one of the most athletic players on this years draft. Before entering BYU football program he clocked a sub 11 secs. in the 100 mts, that you can't teach and has effective raw skills at this moment. Agree he is not JPP but I have a huch he could turn into something special if Tuck and JPP take him under their wings. The other player IMO that could slide to 12 worth or considerartion to trade up if some QB or other players leapfrogs is Lane Jonhson. My best guess who will be drafted by the Giants ( and hope so ) is some top 15 talent sliding all the way to 19. I don't think Rhodes will be available and for sure Brown will not either in the 2nd.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
      Why do so many people love Ogletree on these boards. I watched a lot of Georgia games living in the south and I don't get it. After watching the South Carolina game especially the guy is weak at the point. You run right at him and he gets blown back to often for a 1st round player. Yes he is fast sideline to sideline but our D was pitiful up the middle and he wont help that. We are better off going CB,OL,DL in the first 2 rounds and getting a guy like Jon Bostic or Vince Williams in later rounds.
      For the same reason so many scouts have him as a top 5 LBer in this draft, he's freakin good. Is that the only game u watched of him? He's quick as hell as a former safety, hits like a train for his size, and can make plays all over the field... What round would u put him in?
      2017 Draft Wishlist:
      1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
      2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
      3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
      4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
      5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
      6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
      7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I'm really liking Rhodes but doubt he'll be there when we pick.

I want to see Fluker or Cooper but I have a hard time seeing us taking OL in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
          I'm really liking Rhodes but doubt he'll be there when we pick.

I want to see Fluker or Cooper but I have a hard time seeing us taking OL in the first round.
          Cooper is a stud, plays with a mean streak and moves excellent in space, would love to have him.
          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

This draft will be an exciting first round for us. I have no idea who it could be for sure. Last draft i thought Fleener or Wilson. Reese may surprise us but i always trust his picks from now on. It could be Ogletree to fill a need or Werner, maybe Okafor. If Rhodes falls to us at 19 and we pick him, i'd be doin' jumpin jacks lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
              If Rhodes falls to us at 19 and we pick him, i'd be doin' jumpin jacks lol
              Me too man.... Imo, on tape he looks better than Miliner
              Last edited by egyptian420; 04-12-2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Past drafts tell me its going to be a pick none us expect, start doing your homework kids...

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                  Past drafts tell me its going to be a pick none us expect, start doing your homework kids...
                  Agree....the only pick I was ever able to predict was Hakeem Nicks

Comment

Agree....the only pick I was ever able to predict was Hakeem Nicks
                    Nicks & KP for me..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                      Nicks & KP for me..
                      JPP, Nicks, KP, david wilson, aaron ross, were all picks that weren't exactly surprises in my opinion, and all filled needs as well as value outside of Wilson,which may not of been value at the time, but certainly was need.. Doug Martin was my guy i wanted, so it kinda shows u how RB was need and WIlson was linked to giants a bit.. I honestly don't think giants have been nearly as decieving as many of u think...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                        Why do so many people love Ogletree on these boards. I watched a lot of Georgia games living in the south and I don't get it. After watching the South Carolina game especially the guy is weak at the point. You run right at him and he gets blown back to often for a 1st round player. Yes he is fast sideline to sideline but our D was pitiful up the middle and he wont help that. We are better off going CB,OL,DL in the first 2 rounds and getting a guy like Jon Bostic or Vince Williams in later rounds.
                        Ask Eddie Lacy if u run right at em and he gets blown back??lol He stopped a momentum filled Lacy at the goaline, stopping him in his tracks in one on one situation, and there defense was simply better once Ogletree started playing in like wk 5 or so.. It litteraly impossible to ignore the impact Ogletree had on that defense, and if u watched so many GA games, u coulde'nt deny his impact.. And the giants simply need more athletic ability, upside, youth, and playmaking ability at the LB positon, as well as coverge ability, and Ogletree has room to add weight and build strength as he progresses as a NFl player... Hes a great looking prospect thats held his stock despite a DUI a couple wks before the combine, which is something that soured me on him, but hes just to good to ignore...

Comment

Question is, Defense or Offense in the first? While I think it'll be Defense in the 1st, if a highly regarded tackle falls into our lap, I doubt we will pass him up. Whoever it may be. On the other hand, just check out my mock.
                          2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
                          2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
                          3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
                          4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
                          5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
                          6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
                          7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

Stay at 19...Tank, Fluker, Ogletree

Trade up...Warmack, Cooper, Rhodes

Comment

Me too man.... Imo, on tape he looks better than Miliner
                              U should watch Jamar Taylor .. U will fall in love with him, as i did, if u watch enough of his tapes...

Comment

I have said Cooper from 1st look, but I'm afraid he will be gone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X