Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Weeks until Draft.....who is your number ONE???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titwio View Post
    I'm still saving faith for Warbelly....he's my number one as far as having a chance to slip to 19. Has a case if Cooper is the 1st guard off the board.

My top 5 favorite prospects for the Giants (1st round) in order are:

Ziggy Ansah (zero chance)
    Lane Johnson (zero chance)
    Chance Warmack (slight chance)
    Xavier Rhodes (slight chance)
    Bjoern Werner (slight chance)
    Ziggy, Warmack and Lane are my original 3 favorite prospects. IMO only Warmack has a slight chance of sliding all the way to 19.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

I think Werner, Rhodes, Warmack, Fluker, Ogletree are the most probable...A sleeper might be DJ Hayden, the guys probably the most gifted ball hawk in the draft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV5rMIonne0 . He had 5 FF's as a junior and then 4 INt's (2 returned for TD's) in just 9 games a senior. The guy ran a 4.33 at his pro day and imo nobody else in the draft jumps routes like this guy does
      Last edited by juice33s; 04-13-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        U should watch Jamar Taylor .. U will fall in love with him, as i did, if u watch enough of his tapes...
        I like J Taylor too, but he's not the X Man, with his tight coverage skill. I feel Rhodes can be a lockdown CB, has rare athleticism for the position. J Taylor is better in run support though..

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
          I think Werner, Rhodes, Warmack, Fluker, Ogletree are the most probable...A sleeper might be DJ Hayden, the guys probably the most gifted ball hawk in the draft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV5rMIonne0 . He had 5 FF's as a junior and then 4 INt's (2 returned for TD's) in just 9 games a senior. The guy ran a 4.33 at his pro day and imo nobody else in the draft jumps routes like this guy does
          Hayden's no sleeper unless you mean for 1st round and that will never happen. He played well against terrible teams. I'd take Taylor or Slay before him since they're expected to go around the same time.
          2017 Draft Wishlist:
          1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
          2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
          3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
          4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
          5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
          6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
          7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
            Hayden's no sleeper unless you mean for 1st round and that will never happen. He played well against terrible teams. I'd take Taylor or Slay before him since they're expected to go around the same time.
            Mcshay has him going 24th in his mock, Kiper 28th, Mike Mayock has him as his 3rd rated corner and all three guys have him rated higher then Taylor or Slay....On tape this guy might be the fastest in the draft

Comment

Mcshay has him going 24th in his mock, Kiper 28th, Mike Mayock has him as his 3rd rated corner and all three guys have him rated higher then Taylor or Slay....On tape this guy might be the fastest in the draft
              I must've fell out of the loop, not that any of those espn know-nothings opinions' mean anything lol. I've seen him ranked higher than Slay, but dont think he's better than him and IMO def not better than Taylor.
              Not that theyre any good either, but SBnation has Hayden at 12th in position, cbs sports has him 7th, BR didnt rank him due to injury, drafttek 14th, nfl.com 7th.. etc. All depends on who you listen to. I have to do more homework, but what good recievers was he even up against last year? Houston had a crap schedule.
              2017 Draft Wishlist:
              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I must've fell out of the loop, not that any of those espn know-nothings opinions' mean anything lol. I've seen him ranked higher than Slay, but dont think he's better than him and IMO def not better than Taylor.
                Not that theyre any good either, but SBnation has Hayden at 12th in position, cbs sports has him 7th, BR didnt rank him due to injury, drafttek 14th, nfl.com 7th.. etc. All depends on who you listen to. I have to do more homework, but what good recievers was he even up against last year? Houston had a crap schedule.
                One of his best games came against a UCLA team who was a field goal away from a Pac-12 championship.....Here's a write up from an ESPN draft riser article just 4 days ago:
                Houston CB D.J. Hayden: A torn vein in his heart suffered in a practice collision ended Hayden's 2012 season after nine games, but he was cleared medically at the NFL combine and reportedly ran a 4.42 in the 40-yard dash at his pro day. Hayden (5-foot-11⅛, 191 pounds) is an easy mover in coverage, with quick feet and a rare burst to close on the ball, but his playmaking instincts are what set him apart.

Hayden (61 tackles, 8 pass breakups, 4 INT in 2012) has great eyes in coverage and knows how to manufacture turnovers, which is something that holds a lot of value at the next level. His stock should continue to rise as scouts watch more tape, and many think he'll be gone by the end of the first round.

Comment

Finally got tape of D.J. Hayden…I'm a big fan. Smooth, explosive & tough... he can play the ball in the air. Hopefully medical checks out

Comment

supposedly he shut down quintton patton who's a beast...

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                      I like J Taylor too, but he's not the X Man, with his tight coverage skill. I feel Rhodes can be a lockdown CB, has rare athleticism for the position. J Taylor is better in run support though..
                      Jamar can man up and plays very physical brand of football, and is probably the best CB against the run in this draft, in my opinion.. Hes got very good ball skills as well.. Jamar Taylor is the real deal..

Comment

I started a thread the other day asking who this Hayden was, u should of put some INFO of him in there...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          I started a thread the other day asking who this Hayden was, u should of put some INFO of him in there...
                          In terms of speed and acceleration this guy is at the top of the class. His break on the ball is Deion esq, he's not afraid to get physical against the run, but he is a bit slight of frame and lacks protototype size. On the field against his biggest competition he was at his best. He shut down Quinton Patton and could of easily had 3 picks against UCLA...One major flag on him is he had a near fatal injury when he tore a vein that feeds his heart, however he was cleared by the Dr's at the combine...IMO he's the best ballhawk in the draft

Comment

One of his best games came against a UCLA team who was a field goal away from a Pac-12 championship.....Here's a write up from an ESPN draft riser article just 4 days ago:
                            Houston CB D.J. Hayden: A torn vein in his heart suffered in a practice collision ended Hayden's 2012 season after nine games, but he was cleared medically at the NFL combine and reportedly ran a 4.42 in the 40-yard dash at his pro day. Hayden (5-foot-11⅛, 191 pounds) is an easy mover in coverage, with quick feet and a rare burst to close on the ball, but his playmaking instincts are what set him apart.

Hayden (61 tackles, 8 pass breakups, 4 INT in 2012) has great eyes in coverage and knows how to manufacture turnovers, which is something that holds a lot of value at the next level. His stock should continue to rise as scouts watch more tape, and many think he'll be gone by the end of the first round.
                            Barely any Houston games on the NET tough to judge off limited games especially a CB when u have limited angles as it is

Comment

Barely any Houston games on the NET tough to judge off limited games especially a CB when u have limited angles as it is. I might still have some 2011 games of him. Im pretty sure I have Southern Miss and either tulsa or Tulane

Comment

Barely any Houston games on the NET tough to judge off limited games especially a CB when u have limited angles as it is. I might still have some 2011 games of him. Im pretty sure I have Southern Miss and either tulsa or Tulane if u want a could cut what I have

Comment

Working...
                                X