Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Weeks until Draft.....who is your number ONE???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ask Eddie Lacy if u run right at em and he gets blown back??lol He stopped a momentum filled Lacy at the goaline, stopping him in his tracks in one on one situation, and there defense was simply better once Ogletree started playing in like wk 5 or so.. It litteraly impossible to ignore the impact Ogletree had on that defense, and if u watched so many GA games, u coulde'nt deny his impact.. And the giants simply need more athletic ability, upside, youth, and playmaking ability at the LB positon, as well as coverge ability, and Ogletree has room to add weight and build strength as he progresses as a NFl player... Hes a great looking prospect thats held his stock despite a DUI a couple wks before the combine, which is something that soured me on him, but hes just to good to ignore...
    I don't doubt the guys talent, but I would draft a guy in the 1st who is more NFL ready. If a CB or OL is at 19 I would rather go that route and take a guy like Minter or Bostic or Miller in a later round. IMO we would be better served doing that.

Comment

LOL what did I do. why did it post my edits like that

Comment

1) Ansah
        2) Mingo
        3) Lane Johnson (almost 0% chance)
        4) Xavier Rhodes
        5) Jarvis Jones

Good chance all 5 are gone but if any of them fell I'd be thrilled. For Ansah or Mingo I'd consider trading up if they fell close enough but I don't know if I'd pull the trigger.

If none of these guys are there I would 100% be on board with trading back but it'll be tough to find a partner.
        Last edited by DarceChoke; 04-14-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
          For the same reason so many scouts have him as a top 5 LBer in this draft, he's freakin good. Is that the only game u watched of him? He's quick as hell as a former safety, hits like a train for his size, and can make plays all over the field... What round would u put him in?
          It wasn't the only game I watched him in and I never said he wasn't good. My point is we would be better served if we went CB, OL, DL in the first and pick up a guys like Mike Minter, Jon Bostic or Vince Williams in later rounds. Ogletree is to undisciplined on the field for my taste, not to mention MLB is as high value a position as it was in the past. As for what round I would have him in I would say bottom of the 1st early 2nd. By the way I don't not believe there is a 1st round talent at MLB in this years draft at all.

Comment

Warmack or Cooper are there I would run to podium. Both are difference makers inside
            If not there Ogeltree my guy. Lb needs to be addressed and I see a lot of depth in this draft at cb n de.
            Flucker I wouldn't be upset but seems like a reach.

Perfect 1-3 for me would be Ogeltree okafor b jones.

Comment

Just thinking about it. Look at Reese's first round picks. By far the least explosive guy he drafted was Nicks, and Nicks is still a very good athlete.

Do the giants get away from that? Or are they looking for a special athlete again?

Teo for instance, not a special athlete. In fact a lot of the guys people here want aren't explosive. Okafor, Werner, Jarvis Jones. None of them are special athletically

Comment

UPDATE:
                PLAYER (VOTES)
                Rhodes (13)
                Ogletree (10)
                Werner (8)
                Warmack (7)
                Cooper (6)
                Trufant (4)
                Fluker (4)
                Mingo (3)
                Ansah (3)