Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Weeks until Draft.....who is your number ONE???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Weeks until Draft.....who is your number ONE???

I realize that there are probably a ton of threads about this subject, BUT I wanted to start one with 2 weeks before draft and see what the popular pick is. So I ask everyone to name that player that they believe will be our number one pick (19th overall) and maybe a short 2-3 sentence why. Every 3 days I will read the replies and count the votes for each player and post the vote count leading up to draft day. Come on guys this could be fun!

Werner or Rhodes are my top two. If not them then Ogletree or Okafor.

Comment

Honestly my head is spinning right now not knowing what the Giants could target aside of someone sliding all the way to 19 th. My first and only mock has Ziggy to the Giants but that was 2 months ago. Now? My best guess is Ogletree, Fluker. That been said I pray some top 10-15 talent slides all the way to Reese's lap.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
        Honestly my head is spinning right now not knowing what the Giants could target aside of someone sliding all the way to 19 th. My first and only mock has Ziggy to the Giants but that was 2 months ago. Now? My best guess is Ogletree, Fluker. That been said I pray some top 10-15 talent slides all the way to Reese's lap.
        not sold on ziggy,,,he is more hype than substance but we will see. to hear people(not you) say he compares to JPP is laughable. dont see the Gmen taking any OL not named fisher or joeckel but they wont drop. I would love the pick to be ogeltree but I think it could be rhodes and then steal arthur brown in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe&Frank View Post
          I realize that there are probably a ton of threads about this subject, BUT I wanted to start one with 2 weeks before draft and see what the popular pick is. So I ask everyone to name that player that they believe will be our number one pick (19th overall) and maybe a short 2-3 sentence why. Every 3 days I will read the replies and count the votes for each player and post the vote count leading up to draft day. Come on guys this could be fun!
          I am hoping for one of these three guys:

Warmack - G - Alabama (Mauler)
          Cooper - G - North Carolina (Good at getting to the second level, similar to Randall McDaniel)
          Fluker - T - Alabama - brings a hard-nosed attitude to the O-Line

I think OL is the value in the first round, and there are a lot of good ones.

If Ogletree, Mingo or JArvis Jones are there, I wouldn't mind grabbing either of those guys.

Other Players I think would be good for us in later rounds:

Bostic - ILB - Florida - might be there in 2nd round
          Chris Michael - RB - Texas A&M (Reminds me a little of Bradshaw)
          Quinton Patton - WR LA Tech (He Brings baggage, but has a lot of talent) - good 3rd or 4th round pick
          MArcus Davis - WR - VA Tech - 6'3" 4.47 40 at the combine - good 5th round pick

Comment

In a season not loaded with Pass rushers, I think the Giants will look to stockpile at another position that you can never have too many talented players, cornerback...Being that we're already relatively thin there I think it would be an easy decision if either Rhodes or Trufant were on board

Comment

guys that I think will be there:

1- Werner
              2- Ogletree
              3- Trufant
              4- Fluker
              5- Datone Jones

Comment

Okafor, Damontre Moore or Trufant.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I'm still saving faith for Warbelly....he's my number one as far as having a chance to slip to 19. Has a case if Cooper is the 1st guard off the board.

My top 5 favorite prospects for the Giants (1st round) in order are:

Ziggy Ansah (zero chance)
                  Lane Johnson (zero chance)
                  Chance Warmack (slight chance)
                  Xavier Rhodes (slight chance)
                  Bjoern Werner (slight chance)
                  "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I want Cooper in the worst way. If not him then I want Rhodes. From there I'll just trust JR.

Comment

Bjorn Werner continues to be my biggest hopeful on the board in RD 1 that we select... My personal top 5 big board would go like this, trying to be realistic..

1). Bjoren Werner DE Florida St- Very physical and strong, would make for a great SDE opposite JPP for yrs to come.. Has some upside as well...

2). Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia- Fell back to number 2, once i realized werner is actually a possiblity, and i did sour a bit on that dui arrest before the combine, but the overall upside, atheltic ability, and on field speed is to much to ignore.. LB has been a fairly bad unit for us for sometime and sorely needs a player to grow with the core and be the face of the unit.. I think Ogletree can be that player..

3). Tank Carradine DE Florida St- I'd rather trade down alittle and get em, but i do like both Fla St DE's alot, and i'm gaining confidence that Carradine is getting healthy, as his stocks kinda been rising again, and he was a 1st rd guy before the injury... Carradine hes great size and strength

4). Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St- The more i see of this guy, the more i think hes got the makings of a giants corner, with his size/speed combonation..

5). Datone Jones DE UCLA- I got a theme going with the SDE types,a s u can see.. Datone Jones is another power player from the end positon, that offers some versatility being able to lineup inside as well.. Very strong againt the run as well..

Woulden't mind- Warmack or Trufant..

Comment

Ther'd be a bunch of guys i woulden't mind in a ideal situation of trading down for picks.. I woulden't mind trading down for additonal picks and getting Margus Hunt, Kawaan Short, Kevin Minter, Jamar Taylor, or Larry Warford..

Comment

Why do so many people love Ogletree on these boards. I watched a lot of Georgia games living in the south and I don't get it. After watching the South Carolina game especially the guy is weak at the point. You run right at him and he gets blown back to often for a 1st round player. Yes he is fast sideline to sideline but our D was pitiful up the middle and he wont help that. We are better off going CB,OL,DL in the first 2 rounds and getting a guy like Jon Bostic or Vince Williams in later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                            Why do so many people love Ogletree on these boards. I watched a lot of Georgia games living in the south and I don't get it. After watching the South Carolina game especially the guy is weak at the point. You run right at him and he gets blown back to often for a 1st round player. Yes he is fast sideline to sideline but our D was pitiful up the middle and he wont help that. We are better off going CB,OL,DL in the first 2 rounds and getting a guy like Jon Bostic or Vince Williams in later rounds.
                            Preach!
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Hard question to answer because most of the guys that I would love to get (Warmack, Rhodes, Ansah, Lane Johnson) simply won't be there when we pick.

So I would have to say Werner, even though there is only a slight chance IMO that he will be there at 19.

Comment

Working...
                              X