X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looks sick to me... Draft him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      So are about 60% of NFL players. He is very instinctive.

This kind of reminds me to a lesser extent the Vontaze Burfect thing last year. I wanted to burn a late round pick on the dude. Now he is a starter on the Bengals (of course) and playing very well.
      Idiots don't go in the first round

And ogletree does not have great instincts. He has great pursuit when he is kept clean.

And the bengals can have Burfict. I have no interest in him still.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

And ogletree does not have great instincts. He has great pursuit when he is kept clean.
        Don't you need to have great instincts to have a great pursuit?

Come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
          Don't you need to have great instincts to have a great pursuit?

Come on now.
          No. They are completely different skills. Instincts are knowing where the play is going quickly. Diagnosing well from his reads.

Pursuit is chasing it down after it has developed

Comment

No. They are completely different skills. Instincts are knowing where the play is going quickly. Diagnosing well from his reads.

From that video right there, looks like he has the instinct too though. He's definitely reading the plays.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
              Fair point, they did get dominated. I just am not sold on him that high in the draft. I would rather go CB,OL,DL and pick up a guy in the later rounds. I may be in the minority but I really like Jon Bostic especially if we could land him in the 3rd.
              I agree. OL and DL are definitely points we could use a 1st round talent on. I think if a player like Zig Ansah or Lane Johnson are there, we pounce on them. But the Giants love picking BPA and athletic, high ceiling guys in the 1st. I think Werner will be a very good player, but isnt on the Giants radar. Same with Fluker or Te'o everyone seems to be mocking us to. And I think we all know we wont draft a TE despite what draft gurus say.
              Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                From that video right there, looks like he has the instinct too though. He's definitely reading the plays.
                I don't know what video you are watching. But from what I've seen he is pretty average. He does a great job chasing down the ball carrier. But seeing the play develop and knowing what to expect he is average to poor.

Maybe it's good for a former safety, but for a linebacker it's average.

Comment

Did you watch the video posted? Here, try this one too:

Comment

From those 2 videos, I find it hard to believe snipklottin.

Comment

I don't know what video you are watching. But from what I've seen he is pretty average. He does a great job chasing down the ball carrier. But seeing the play develop and knowing what to expect he is average to poor.

Maybe it's good for a former safety, but for a linebacker it's average.
                      Agree to disagree

Comment

And the bengals can have Burfict. I have no interest in him still.
                        Idiots don't go in the first round? What sport have you been watching?!

Crabtree, Bryant, Russel, Young, just to name a few.
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Did you watch the video posted? Here, try this one too:

Reasons why Ogletree won't be a good MLB:

0:43, 0:52, 2:21, 2:30, 3:20, 4:03, 4:20, 4:41, 4:57, 6:35, 6;45, 7:02, 7:11, 7:20, 7:30, 7:39, 7:49, 8:29, 8:42, 10:27

You can't get pushed around the field that much and be considered a decent SAM or MIKE backer candidate.

When he's able to square up against a ball carrier, he tackles VERY well. He plays well in space and in coverage. He is good in backside pursuit when no one is actively blocking him. However whenever someone gets a hand on him first, he's almost always pushed out of the play (or way down the line). He is extremely weak at the point of attack (can't stack to save his life).

I don't look at this video and see a first round MLB prospect ,,, I see a 3rd round WILL prospect. Add the character and off-field issues, I'd rather the Giants stay away from this kid (I'd prefer Greene over him anyway).

Ironically, when I look at him I think he looks like Antrel Rolle who I've maintained is our best WILL backer on the team currently
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                            Idiots don't go in the first round? What sport have you been watching?!

Crabtree, Bryant, Russel, Young, just to name a few.
                            True. Some teams do invest in Idiots in the 1st round.

But how often do the Giants? This is the Giants board after all and this discussion is about the Giants draft pick
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              True. Some teams do invest in Idiots in the 1st round.

But how often do the Giants? This is the Giants board after all and this discussion is about the Giants draft pick
                              Shockey?

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                                Shockey?
                                Not the same because his idiocy didn't surface until after he was drafted, well after he was drafted in fact. He had a clean slate coming out of college. All the other guys you mention above(or most) had a proven idiot track record.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X