For those who want Ogletree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I'm not one for I told you so's... but I'm glad someone brought this thread back.
    I feel a lot younger reading this thread!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Well, Ive seen Ogletree in several games last year, and I like what I saw. He has all the physical abilities, just maybe didnt have the great coaching needed to keep a player going 100% all the time. Thats where our coaches step in. Ogletree is a pure athlete, like JPP was when we drafted him. JPP didnt always show he would be great on his college tape. He needed to learn, and still learn how to overcome things. Like I said though, the one thing that bothers me about Ogletree is the off the field stuff.
      If we only listened to me 5 years ago lol

Comment

• sounds just like lorenzo carter this year

Comment

• and hes had no off the filed stuff that I can think of since he started right?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycowns View Post

and hes had no off the filed stuff that I can think of since he started right?
            Just the fighting with ODell I think.

Comment

• Guy with off field character issues turns into a lockeroom leader.

Comment

• The draft boards miss some of the old names I see in this thread.
                sigpic

Comment

• I still feel the same way!! Glad he's finally a giant, he'll be a great asset to the D.
                  2018 Draft Wishlist:
                  1. Josh Allen QB Wyoming
                  2. Sony Michel RB Georgia
                  3. Conner Williams OT Texas OR Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
                  4. Rashaan Gaulden CB Tennessee

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                  - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bones911 View Post
                    Per Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Mike Mayock says he is "scared to death" of Georgia LB Alec Ogletree as a first-round pick due both to off- and on-field concerns.
                    Ogletree is a candidate to slide out of the first round because his character is a nightmare. "Im scared to death about Ogletree, both for on- and off-the-field issues," Mayock said. "When you put the tape on, he has no clue what hes doing. He looks like a safety that somebody plugged inside at inside linebacker. He just runs around." Mayock also called Ogletree's work ethic and passion for the game "question marks right now."
                    There was the same rumblings about Ahmad Bradshaw when we drafted him. He was considered a "thug" and "criminal" by far too many. Ultimately, when everything is put into relative perspective, AO has been a saint compared to Aldon Smith. Talk about totally and completely pissing your career away. I'm not sure what Aldon's middle name is but he should probably change it to something that starts with an S. That way he can become one with his initials.

Comment

Working...
                    X