Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who want Ogletree

Per Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Mike Mayock says he is "scared to death" of Georgia LB Alec Ogletree as a first-round pick due both to off- and on-field concerns.
    Ogletree is a candidate to slide out of the first round because his character is a nightmare. "Im scared to death about Ogletree, both for on- and off-the-field issues," Mayock said. "When you put the tape on, he has no clue what hes doing. He looks like a safety that somebody plugged inside at inside linebacker. He just runs around." Mayock also called Ogletree's work ethic and passion for the game "question marks right now."

I posted this in the "look at the 12/13 NFL draft" section, I can't see him sliding out of the 1st round

His off the field stuff is scary, but on the field he looks like a pro bowl LB to me

Need guys like Ogletree for all this read option crap and to cover all the receiving TEs now..

Comment

I normally love Mayock, but I think he is off here. I saw him playing vs Alabama. The dude can play. He was tackling Lacy one on one, shedding blocks by Bama's Olinemen, and covering sideline to sideline showing he can handle.the read option mobile QBs.

Off the field, yeah that could be an issue though.
      The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

My opinion is changed now, because Mayock dosen't like em(sarcasm)..lol nah, seriously i think mayocks crazy on this one, the guy dosen't know what hes doing? He seems to be in the right place at the right time alot, and its not just because hes fast and athletic, its because he knows how to play the game and understandsd the play.. As he gets coached up, and adds a bit more bulk , hes gonna be one of the better all around LBs in football, as his instincts, speed, and athletic ability all ready rate at the top or the top of the MLB class for this yr... For teams looking for a guy who might lack a tad in run defense, but need a playmaker, and coverege backer, who can run with TE's and grab backers outta the backfield, and defend the running QB's in the league, then Ogletrees ur guy.. If he adds alittle bulk and strength, and starts consistently disengaging blocks in the run game, he'll be a complete beast!

Comment

I just hope he's more than a Will LB (at least if he's drafted by the Giants).. I like J Will there

Comment

Mayock sounds like an Ogletree Hater lol. Drinkin that Hater-ade. Ogletree imo would be a nice athletic fit in the middle, almost like a change of pace LB'er. Dan Connor/Ogletree. Then i'd draft if Barett Jones is gone i think he'd be a good guard/center...Khaseem Greene to back up J WIll.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
              Mayock sounds like an Ogletree Hater lol. Drinkin that Hater-ade. Ogletree imo would be a nice athletic fit in the middle, almost like a change of pace LB'er. Dan Connor/Ogletree. Then i'd draft if Barett Jones is gone i think he'd be a good guard/center...Khaseem Greene to back up J WIll.
              We could be long lost brothers.. Ogletree / Jones is where it's at..

Comment

[QUOTE=Carter.525;735953]We could be long lost brothers..

Brother from anotha mother lol.....thinkin' on that Wayans Brothers song We're brothers we're happy and we're singing and we're colored, gimme a high FIVE

Comment

Comment

Then there's this from Mcshay.

Comment

Honestly I think Te'o is better person off the field and has more passion for the game than Ogletree, I believe Ogletree is a better athlete though. I wouldn't mind drafting him 1st but I'm not really high on him either.
                      Last edited by Cloud57; 04-15-2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

He's not going to be our pick anyways.

Comment

if he hypothetically was there in the 2nd I would have to say absolutely. if he would wake and respond to any organization it would be the giants. now that would be a steal.

Comment

If he is still there, I would take a shot on him. Has anyone watched any game tape on the guy? He is an absolute animal!!! Fast, Strong and Instinctive. Veterans such as Rolle and Tuck should be able to hold his hand if need be off the field. We need some ATTITUDE back on this defense. Im tired of having 3 linebackers on the field that can run (but then cant tackle) or can tackle but cant run. This guy can do both and plays the game the way you are supposed to play. With the new rookie cap a first round pick is not as risky if you are wrong as in the past. Giants get me some Ogletree!!!!!

Comment

Noooooo Te'o for me Please

NOOOOOOO on Te'o.... If anyone watched the Alabama game Te'o looked like a child playing among men. A step to slow and when he was there Lacey ran him over multiple times. Seems like good guy... smart... knows how to play the game but we just let Blackburn (love the guy) go for the same things Te'o is lacking.

Comment

Working...
                              X