Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up to date Prospect list of guys we've showed intrest in so far...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up to date Prospect list of guys we've showed intrest in so far...

We tend to pick a few guys we've been linked to every yr, or have shown intrest in, wether it be are higher uppers at there prodays, or private workouts at our place, or guys we've shown big intrest in at combine or shrine game..etc Heres a up to date list of guys we've been linked to in some way.. Obviously, the draft tends to dictate who u get a chnace to take and what not, but i do expect at least one or 2 of these guys to become NYG's, weather or not its all draft, or a mix of draft and undrafted FA is yet to be seen..

New York Giants:
    Luke Batton, LB, Kent State (INT)
    Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers (PRO)
    Mike Catapano, DL, Princeton (PRO)
    DeWayne Cherrington, DL, Mississippi State (PRO)
    Emmett Cleary, OL, Boston College (INT)
    Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State (PRI)
    A.J. Francis, DL, Maryland (PRI)
    Matt Furstenburg, TE, Maryland (PRO)
    Ray Graham, RB, Pittsburgh (PRO)
    Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers (PRO)
    Duron Harmon, DB, Rutgers (PRO)
    Darlon James, DB, Maine (PRO)
    Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers (PRO)
    D.C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers (PRO)
    Brandon Jones, DB, Rutgers (PRO)
    Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado (PRO)
    Lamar Mady, OL, Youngstown State (INT)
    Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook (PRO)
    Brendan Melanophy, DB, Fordham (PRO)
    Rontez Miles, DB, California-Pa (PRI)
    Patrick Murray, WR, Fordham (PRO)
    Patrick Omameh, OL, Michigan (PRI)
    Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State (INT)
    Vinston Painter, OL, Virginia Tech (PRI)
    Chris Pantale, TE, Boston College (PRO)
    Gilbert Pena, DL, Ole Miss (PRO)
    Quanterus Smith, DL, Western Kentucky (PRI)
    Ryan Spadola, WR, Lehigh (PRO)
    Trent Steelman, WR, Army (EW)
    Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame (PRI)
    Alonzo Tweedy, DB, Virginia Tech (PRI)
    Chance Warmack%, OL, Alabama (VINT) (PRI)
    Nick Williams, WR, Connecticut (PRO)
    Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR)

We could actually make a mock draft based on this amount of guys now..(just for fun)

1). Chance Warmack G bama
    2). Khaseem Greene LB Rut
    3). Nick Kasa TE Colorado
    4). Quanterus Smith OLB/DE Western Kent
    5). Reid Fragel OT Ohio St.
    6). Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock
    7). Mike Catapano DE Princeton
    7). Rontez Miles S California PA

Might be a dumb question but I am guessing PRO = pro day, PRI = private workout, and INT = interest... What do the SR (scouting report?), EW, and VINT mean in this?
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
      Might be a dumb question but I am guessing PRO = pro day, PRI = private workout, and INT = interest... What do the SR (scouting report?), EW, and VINT mean in this?
      VINT= Very Interested SR= Sr Bowl(met with prospect there) EW= East/West shrine meeting

Comment

I was just reading this list over at Walter's. I recently made a mock with Reid Fragel and Ray Graham....had no idea they visited the Giants. Good list....don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          VINT= Very Interested SR= Sr Bowl(met with prospect there) EW= East/West shrine meeting
          Thanks man I appreciate it. We have a pretty nice list of players we are interested in!
          sigpic
          Mock Draft
          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
            I was just reading this list over at Walter's. I recently made a mock with Reid Fragel and Ray Graham....had no idea they visited the Giants. Good list....don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
            Ray Graham would be a solid backup to David Wilson.. Graham can catch the football, run between the tackles, and pass protect.. A David Wilson, Ray Graham, Ryan Torain/A.Brown trio of backs would gain a crapload of yards and has big hitter potential, smash mouth potential, blocking potential, catching potential, short yardage potential..etc Another words, they complement each other really well..

Comment

Ray Graham would be a solid backup to David Wilson.. Graham can catch the football, run between the tackles, and pass protect.. A David Wilson, Ray Graham, Ryan Torain/A.Brown trio of backs would gain a crapload of yards and has big hitter potential, smash mouth potential, blocking potential, catching potential, short yardage potential..etc Another words, they complement each other really well..
              Yeah I'm a big Ray Graham fan. If he gets back to 2011 Ray, some team is going to get a steal.

Comment

1st- Warmack
                2nd- Te'o
                3rd- Greene
                4th- Winters
                5th- Fragel
                6th- DC Jefferson
                7th- Catapano
                7th- Maysonet

I'd add a CB, but I don't know much about any of these guys

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                  Yeah I'm a big Ray Graham fan. If he gets back to 2011 Ray, some team is going to get a steal.
                  Ya, assuming hes healthy, the guy can play. I think he projects better to the pros then Dion Lewis did, and to me, hes the best gain the hard yardage back between all the former pitt back of recent yrs(graham, lewis, shady).. To be honest, i could see Graham become a feature back in the NFL.. Games like he had at Notre Dame where he displayed every aspect of a feature NFL back against a future NFL dline, a 1st rd MLB in Te'o, and a future backup S in Zeke Motta was remarkable.. He almost single handedly beat a team that ended up playing in the champ game..

He also ended the regular season against Rut and S.fla, 2 stout college defenses by combining for 207rush yrds on 49carries 3td and caught 5balls for another 50yrds, and pitt won both games..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                    1st- Warmack
                    2nd- Te'o
                    3rd- Greene
                    4th- Winters
                    5th- Fragel
                    6th- DC Jefferson
                    7th- Catapano
                    7th- Maysonet

I'd add a CB, but I don't know much about any of these guys
                    Ya, i was just messing around, trying to show that we actually could take any of these guys at any rd, the way it looks right now, as far as prospect rankings..

Comment

Ya, assuming hes healthy, the guy can play. I think he projects better to the pros then Dion Lewis did, and to me, hes the best gain the hard yardage back between all the former pitt back of recent yrs(graham, lewis, shady).. To be honest, i could see Graham become a feature back in the NFL.. Games like he had at Notre Dame where he displayed every aspect of a feature NFL back against a future NFL dline, a 1st rd MLB in Te'o, and a future backup S in Zeke Motta was remarkable.. He almost single handedly beat a team that ended up playing in the champ game..

He also ended the regular season against Rut and S.fla, 2 stout college defenses by combining for 207rush yrds on 49carries 3td and caught 5balls for another 50yrds, and pitt won both games..
                      I've been waiting to see a replay of that Pitt/Irish game forever.

Comment

Trent Steelman is interesting, 4 yr starter at QB at Army and had a ton of rushing yards. He is probably going to be a WR in the league but he could be someone who could somewhat simulate to an extent the RG3 read option in practice because Army runs a ton of option. Mayock was saying he was really impressed with his hands as well. He reminds him a lot of Julian Edelman.

Another interesting thing that I noticed is there are really not many early round guys in there besides Warmack, Te'o, Greene. I kind of find it interesting that the majority of the guys on the list are late round/FA guys. From that I can see 2 DE's (mid/late rounder in Smith and I am guessing late/FA in Catapano) and 1 CB maybe I missed one who is a late rounder as well. Those are two positions that we tend to take very early in the draft if we take one.. positions like LB, OL, TE, WR, are mid/late/FA round guys pretty much in this list and make up the majority of the list. These are positions that we typically where we take those positions when drafting (WR we have picked early but not much need this year to use an early pick) I just kind of find it interesting because it kind of seems like during the middle rounds again we might go LB,OL,DT, etc.. which we kind of see repeatedly during the drafts as of late. The list kind of gives me the idea that we might be going CB,DE pretty early and draft OL/LB later unless one of our bigger name guys are on the board like Te'o (hopefully 2nd if at all haha) Warmack (doubtful but I would be pumped) Khaseem Greene (I think will be there round 2)

I do not know if previous visit lists have looked like this when we drafted CB,DE,RB,WR early and had not many of guys who were middle round prospects in those positions or if it is just this year. I just kind of think that the people who are hoping for someone like Olgetree or a LB in the first it probably won't happen because we usually stay away from early LB's and this list kind of supports the fact that we probably will go RB late, WR late or FA which we usually bring in quite a few UDFA WR's to camp, TE middle to late rounds, OL middle to late unless someone falls (Warmack), CB early if we choose one, S mid to late, LB mid to late unless Te'o/Greene are BPA, and DE early if we pick one.

I don't know that is kind of how I looked at the list. You guys might be looking at it in a completely different way than I am but I was just kind of looking at the positions are projections and getting kind of an average to where positions on this list were projected to go and kind of compared that to recent drafts.
                        sigpic
                        Mock Draft

Comment

I would not mind having my boy Fragel in blue next year. Go Buckeyes !
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                            I would not mind having my boy Fragel in blue next year. Go Buckeyes !
                            +1

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                              +1
                              He is solid all around, pass and run blocking. And he plays with a mean streak, tough as nails.
                              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Working...
                              X