Could Warmacks stock be falling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Not to mention, how do u know that player stocks aren't falling on team boards?
    How do we know that Schefter knows? Teams don't disclose their draft boards.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
      What exactly is the real point of this thread? That you posted the idea first? That's a rather pretentious quote above seeing that the Giants already hosted Warmack so at least they believe there is a chance. Members have been throwing out Chance's names in their mock drafts in this own forum. slip has been mocking the Giants board's obsession with interior linemen and right tackles. So we can at least chalk that up to a little dishonesty with that statement.
      I like nyscportzfan, but he does seem to always want to point out how he was on something or said something first. Seems like every time I see someone say something about a player his response is always that he said it months ago. With that said, I think he was just posting an outside opinion about a player we've all debated on this forum. I don't see anything wrong with it or understand the back and forth in the thread.
      2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
      Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
      Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
      Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
      Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
      Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
      Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

I don't understand it either to be honest. My first responses were in line with the discussion, agreeing with why Warmack could be there at 19. I didn't even think the semantics of "falling" was an issue with him. His rebuttals became incessant and defensive.

Comment

Discussion is good.

Black and white view points tend not to be.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
            What exactly is the real point of this thread? That you posted the idea first? That's a rather pretentious quote above seeing that the Giants already hosted Warmack so at least they believe there is a chance. Members have been throwing out Chance's names in their mock drafts in this own forum. slip has been mocking the Giants board's obsession with interior linemen and right tackles. So we can at least chalk that up to a little dishonesty with that statement.
            Ya, and no one thought he was gonna make it to the giants, they just wanted em.. Hes flown well up past where we pick, and i certainly don't think he should go in the top 10-15picks, nor do i think Cooper should.. I don't even love em as picks for us, albeit, i'll accept it.. I was basically trying to show some people, maybe they had a chance to get there wish, as they had thought they had no chance, for Chance..

I'll add hes one of the most popular players on these boards and people would want to read anything about the guy, that gives them any kinda hint where he might go draft day.. And its also to show the people that thought he was being projected alittle high, they might be right.... Its from a good source, and I felt worthy of being posted , so others could see..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
              I've said a few times this past wk or 2 when people around here were so sure that Warmack would not make it to us that we just seen as higly touted G that was supposed to go in the top 15 drop to 24 with Decastro, so its not outta the realm of possiblities, and now there this report, albeit from Walterfootballs site, which some of u don't like and respect as much as i do, but his info, is per ADAM SCHEFTER... Either way, heres what he has to say, as Warmack was on his stock down this wk...

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
              It shows how unsettled the 2013 draft class is when a player who some have touted as best football player available has his stock falling two weeks prior to the draft for no off-the-field reason. That is the case with Warmack as ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Warmack could fall to the 18th pick or lower. There are many teams that reportedly prefer North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper because of his rare athleticism and ability to play center.

Given where guards typically go in the draft, it isn't out of the realm of possibility for Warmack to go in the back half of the first round. Last year many thought Stanford guard David DeCastro would be selected in the top 16 but he fell into the 20s.

Warmack (6-2, 315) is a great run-blocker and pass-protector, but he isn't considered to have the flexibility to play center or tackle. Warmack could be in store for a draft day slide, but it is hard to see him escaping the top 20 because of three teams that need guards - Dallas, New York and Chicago - selecting 18-20.
              I have him in my latest mock for the same reasons. Cooper is getting hyped and a lot of analysts are saying he's rated higher for his versatility and athleticism. When I mention it though it's just rabble to people, but when others say it becomes bible....lol

I really hope he makes it to the Giants though. I can see the run game becoming a power house like it's been in years past. The Giants are set at RB too by investing in the position in last years 1st and also having Brown to compliment him as well. Chance could be paving the way for Wilson for a long time and the Giants can become a really well balanced team if they get the WR situation sorted out by getting those guys signed.
              Last edited by titwio; 04-16-2013, 12:36 PM.
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

All this whining and lust for Warmack. Or cooper just because he can play G and C. Well, hello, Barett Jones also played on that Bama' Oline, and he's even more versatile, i heard he played almost every position on the line including Tackle.. and most likely will be available in the 2nd. Not sayin he's in the class of Cooper or Warmack, but can be just as good

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                  All this whining and lust for Warmack. Or cooper just because he can play G and C. Well, hello, Barett Jones also played on that Bama' Oline, and he's even more versatile, i heard he played almost every position on the line including Tackle.. and most likely will be available in the 2nd. Not sayin he's in the class of Cooper or Warmack, but can be just as good
                  Very true. He's played G, LT and C for Alabama and did all of them really well. I doubt he could play tackle in the NFL but is a guy I'd definitely like to look at in the 2nd or 3rd round.
                  2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                  Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                  Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                  Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
                  Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                  Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                  Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Still dont think he makes it past dallas

Comment

Walterfootball's latest mock has Warmack to the Giants at 19.. and Cooper to Dallas at 18..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                        Walterfootball's latest mock has Warmack to the Giants at 19.. and Cooper to Dallas at 18..
                        I posted my mock before him with Warmack to the Giants but since he has him there now....he MUST have been right all along. (Yes I'm bitter about the crud I get for my mocks).

Comment

Two Guards in the Top 20 is exceedingly rare ... two picked back to back sub 20 is unprecedented.
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                            I posted my mock before him with Warmack to the Giants but since he has him there now....he MUST have been right all along. (Yes I'm bitter about the crud I get for my mocks).
                            bingo

Comment

bingo
                              Yep, that seems to be the consensus.

Comment

If we get him that would be awesome, nobody will be debating this pick

Comment

Working...
                                X