Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I always thought there was..
    huh? i rememeber u stating warmack and cooper would both be gone by our pick several times a month or so ago.

I have always maintained that 1 of Cooper/Warmack/Johnson would fall to us from jump street. thats the only reason why i recall ^, bc at first, no one was agreeing with me.

Comment

u quote people without there own words? U lost all credibility right there... U litteraly make no sense,so stop trying... No one else thinking this is info that is hard to understand , but you... In January Warmack wasen't perdicted to be a top15 pick, its the follwoing 2months thats seen his stock rise into top 15 by almost everyone out there that produce draft information.. Back in january, Shariff Floyd was perdicted as a 2nd rder, and many people had us picking Dion Jordan, so whats ur point? If news broke of Dion Jordan dropping to possibly 18-20, would u also say thats old news, or whatever ur trying to say?
      this is inaccurate in regards to warmack. warmack was considered a top 15 pick even before he declared. it was always understood he was one of the finer players in the draft, which ultimately is what penguin is alluding to. it itsnt anything to do with warmack per this "info", it has to do with understood draft strategies in regards to positional value, something that is the same now as it was a year ao.

and ur also off on ur glenn comments. almost everyone considered him a OG and hopefully a RT. maybe 5% of educated analysts/fans thought he could be a LT, and if u were one of em, good for u. but his height, arm length, and footwork all were justified reasons for believing he would be a G at the NFL level...and i dunno where u get this "he showed he can be an all pro LT" from...

Comment

Not sure, but I can realistically see Buffalo, Tennessee, Dallas, or Miami taking Warmack.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

and this isnt new info with regards to the cooper/warmack comparison. ive been posting for a month now that passing teams will prob rate cooper higher. teams that use a mre finesse grounded rungame (pulling/trapping G's out in space) and a more pass balanced team would prefer cooper bc of the better footwork.

a team that uses a power run game to setup a PA attack would value Warmack more. teams value players based on how they believe they will assimilate into scheme...so 1 team can have cooper ahead while another has chance ranked ahead...

tbh, i actually have presented the reasoning why I'd prefer cooper even tho warmacks the more known prospect, and its precisely bc what we run offensively. but i also feel Warmack would have zero issue and would prob be just as good if not better. its just hindsight is 20/20

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            Not sure, but I can realistically see Buffalo, Tennessee, Dallas, or Miami taking Warmack.
            Well that's the thing ... I think there are MAYBE 5 teams that wouldn't benefit that greatly from either Warmack or Cooper.

The question though, is when a team actually pulls the trigger on them.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              and this isnt new info with regards to the cooper/warmack comparison. ive been posting for a month now that passing teams will prob rate cooper higher. teams that use a mre finesse grounded rungame (pulling/trapping G's out in space) and a more pass balanced team would prefer cooper bc of the better footwork.

a team that uses a power run game to setup a PA attack would value Warmack more. teams value players based on how they believe they will assimilate into scheme...so 1 team can have cooper ahead while another has chance ranked ahead...

tbh, i actually have presented the reasoning why I'd prefer cooper even tho warmacks the more known prospect, and its precisely bc what we run offensively. but i also feel Warmack would have zero issue and would prob be just as good if not better. its just hindsight is 20/20
              I haven't seen where teams are ranking Cooper higher because of his pass blocking being better than Warmack's. I've seen his versatility mentioned, but I don't think his pass protections is better. All a matter of opinion though.
              2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
              Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
              Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
              Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
              Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
              Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
              Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                Well that's the thing ... I think there are MAYBE 5 teams that wouldn't benefit that greatly from either Warmack or Cooper.

The question though, is when a team actually pulls the trigger on them.
                Yeah the tricky part is completely ruling guys as being off the board at our pick. I doubt Cooper, Warmack, Joeckel, L. Johnson, Fisher, and maybe Fluker are all gone, even with a weak QB class.
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
                  I haven't seen where teams are ranking Cooper higher because of his pass blocking being better than Warmack's. I've seen his versatility mentioned, but I don't think his pass protections is better. All a matter of opinion though.
                  true. but he does have better footwork. he moves in space much better, and is smoother in his pass pro drop back.

going forward off the LOS, Warmack is easily better. Anchoring off the LOS, Warmack is easily better. Moving backwards off the LOS, Cooper is a bit better. Cooper was also used as the personal pass protector for UNC's QB vs 3 man rushes and similar situations. Coopers the better pass protector there really isnt muchdispute about that, even if its just marginally better whereas warmack is substantially more powerful...

Comment

huh? i rememeber u stating warmack and cooper would both be gone by our pick several times a month or so ago.

I have always maintained that 1 of Cooper/Warmack/Johnson would fall to us from jump street. thats the only reason why i recall ^, bc at first, no one was agreeing with me.
                    Maybe awhile back i said something like that, but like i said, i've been saying this for awhile.. Meaning i've changed my mind long ago, and thought these guys could drop because of there positon, and i don't love the value of a G at 19.. Albeit, there both good prospects so i'd be happy to have a good player, and woulden't dog the pick, but i most certainly have said these guys could drop becuase we seen it with decastro and the positon dosen't hold alot of importance in the 1st rd as other positons...

Comment

It dosen't matter what you've been posting, many on here though and probably still think that Chance had no "chance" of making it to us...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                        If we get him that would be awesome, nobody will be debating this pick
                        Its a very safe pick, but there are many on here who will not like the value and not be happy about the pick, albeit, they'll be happy they got a good guard, but they'd wish they got a good guard later on, even in RD2...

Comment

It dosen't matter what you've been posting, many on here though and probably still think that Chance had no "chance" of making it to us...
                          forgive me if i am taking offense needlessly or misinterpreting ur comment, but how would it "doesnt matter what you've (as in me) been posting" but it'd matter what you've been posting?

Comment

forgive me if i am taking offense needlessly or misinterpreting ur comment, but how would it "doesnt matter what you've (as in me) been posting" but it'd matter what you've been posting?
                            What do u mean? Its not that it dosen't matter what u say, but what u say, people still think the opposite of, hence the thread.. U said that u knew months ago that Warmack could go in the 20's right? Well, many on here have said for awhile now they'd like Warmack but he has no chance of making it to us, so obviously what ur thinking on the matter didn't change there minds, so this news from Shefter still could have some use to other people...
                            Last edited by nycsportzfan; 04-16-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Uh, most had em not making it to us or even past Tennesee for that matter, and some had em going in the top 10 as well.. There isn't a mock out there that has em making it to our pick to be honest, so how agian is this dropping where he was supposed to?
                              Cool and of those mocks how many of them work for NFL front office people? No guard has been drafted in the top 10 since 1997 which has some pretty stupid teams in that timespan. Yet even the dumb ones know to not do that so please tell me why it's a good idea to draft a guard in the top 10 selections.

Comment

Only reason he is being considered as a top 10 guy is because this draft has no elite talent. Throw in a handful of other elite guys and Warmack goes somewhere around 13-17.

I wouldnt be all that surprised if he did slip a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X