Could Warmacks stock be falling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Warmacks stock be falling?

I've said a few times this past wk or 2 when people around here were so sure that Warmack would not make it to us that we just seen as higly touted G that was supposed to go in the top 15 drop to 24 with Decastro, so its not outta the realm of possiblities, and now there this report, albeit from Walterfootballs site, which some of u don't like and respect as much as i do, but his info, is per ADAM SCHEFTER... Either way, heres what he has to say, as Warmack was on his stock down this wk...

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    It shows how unsettled the 2013 draft class is when a player who some have touted as best football player available has his stock falling two weeks prior to the draft for no off-the-field reason. That is the case with Warmack as ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Warmack could fall to the 18th pick or lower. There are many teams that reportedly prefer North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper because of his rare athleticism and ability to play center.

Given where guards typically go in the draft, it isn't out of the realm of possibility for Warmack to go in the back half of the first round. Last year many thought Stanford guard David DeCastro would be selected in the top 16 but he fell into the 20s.

Warmack (6-2, 315) is a great run-blocker and pass-protector, but he isn't considered to have the flexibility to play center or tackle. Warmack could be in store for a draft day slide, but it is hard to see him escaping the top 20 because of three teams that need guards - Dallas, New York and Chicago - selecting 18-20.

Comment

I always thought there was..

Comment

What's called "falling" is him just landing where he's supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
          What's called "falling" is him just landing where he's supposed to.
          Uh, most had em not making it to us or even past Tennesee for that matter, and some had em going in the top 10 as well.. There isn't a mock out there that has em making it to our pick to be honest, so how agian is this dropping where he was supposed to?

Comment

Because media mocks have always been the accurate measure of what actually happens and how teams truly value players? #18 is still a good position for him in which there are plenty of mocks that had him going including Walter Cherpinsky.
            Last edited by penguinfarmer; 04-16-2013, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I hope Warmack is still there at #19.. just don't see him getting past Dallas

Comment

Anything is possible and OG is definitely one of the least sexy first round picks (especially inside the Top 20).

On average over the past two decades, only one OG is taken in the Top 20.

However I will say that the Giants have passed on a Top 20 OG that has slid (Glenn, Iupati, etc ...) so many times that, historically speaking, it's unlikely that we take Warmack even if he does fall (although I wouldn't mind if we did ... we definitely need the help).
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Right. It shouldn't come as a surprise if he "falls". It's not an indictment on Warmack as a player, but rather the position.

You can't fault teams 1-15, who are typically there because of their lack of talent, to pass on a guard. Even the tenth best passrusher or CB in the entire league will have a larger impact over the course of the game than a single All-Pro interior lineman. It's just the nature of the position.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    Anything is possible and OG is definitely one of the least sexy first round picks (especially inside the Top 20).

However I will say that the Giants have passed on a Top 20 OG that has slid (Glenn, Iupati, etc ...) so many times that, historically speaking, it's unlikely that we take Warmack even if he does fall (although I wouldn't mind if we did ... we definitely need the help).
                    Pouncey (Miami)??

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                      Pouncey (Miami)??
                      Yeah I include Centers as OG.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                        Because media mocks have always been the accurate measure of what actually happens and how teams truly value players? #18 is still a good position for him in which there are plenty of mocks that had him going including Walter Cherpinsky.
                        Actually Walt has em going 20th if u wanna be completely accurate and if u read his reason why, he straight up says hes had em going much earlier in his prior god knows how many mocks, but finally started thinking about David Decastro more and how he slipped to 24 despite all the people in the world having him going much earlier... There for, he has em "SLIPPING" to pick 20, ya dig??lol

Chicago Bears: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
                        I've been slotting the two guards much earlier than this, but I'm starting to rethink things. David DeCastro slipped to No. 24 last year for some reason. This draft class is weaker at the top, so maybe Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack will go in the 16-20 range.

The Bears will definitely be interested in Warmack if he falls to them. They signed Matt Slauson, but that was just to a 1-year deal worth less than $1 million. Gabe Carimi, meanwhile, has been a bust. Chicago has to make sure that Jay Cutler is protected

Comment

Yeah I include Centers as OG.
                          He is a guard.. His brother is a center for Pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                            He is a guard.. His brother is a center for Pittsburgh
                            I believe he was drafted as a Center and is currently listed as a Center with the fins (although he may play Guard as well).

http://www.nfl.com/teams/roster?team=mia

Comment

Glenn is a LT, and very few if any thought he was gonna be a G in the NFL, which is why i coulden't believe we didn't take em.. The reason guys like Pouncey went in the top 20 is becuase there versatile and could play multiple positons, and thats why walt says teams like Cooper more, becasue they think he could be a C and/or G... If ur drafting a Guard that early, he better be able to do multiple things for you... Mike Iupati was to me, the best G prospect i've ever seen in my life, including Pouncey, Warmack, and Decastro... Some disagreed , and some may still disagree, but i'd never seen a man that big, move as well as he did, and play as well as him, and still have upside.. And even then, i thought Iupati went alittle earlier then i'd of taken him.. I mean, the 49ers passed on Demariyus Thomas , Dez Bryant to take em, to just kinda show u what happens when u take a Guard in the top 15or so...lol
                              Last edited by nycsportzfan; 04-16-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X