Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marcus Lattimore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    We took RB 1st round last year.. I don't see us taking one period unless its round 6 or the two 7s. I'm content with who we have but that's not to say if someone like lattimore drops on our lap in the 5th I'd be against it. That's pretty unlikely tho and I can see someone snatching him between 3 and 4. The injury's a huge liability.
    I don't believe us picking DW so high last year has any effect on this years draft whatsoever. JR will pick the BPA, period. If he feels Lattimore is that guy at some point, awesome. I'm also content with who we currently have, but theres no denying Lattimore at full strength paired with DW would be a scary combo. He could very easily be this years steal in the draft.

    Comment


    • #17
      did he hurt the same knee twice?

      the guy has serious work ethic. and he is a practice warrior. guy loves football. if it wasnt for that knee being destroyed, id agree. i dont see how he will last in the nfl tho,which means rd 5 or later...for me at least imo.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        did he hurt the same knee twice?

        the guy has serious work ethic. and he is a practice warrior. guy loves football. if it wasnt for that knee being destroyed, id agree. i dont see how he will last in the nfl tho,which means rd 5 or later...for me at least imo.
        I don't remember hearing that it was a second injury to the knee? I could be wrong though. If so, i'd slide my opinion down to 5th or later. DEf love the guys work ethic and motivation to prove people wrong though, gotta count for something.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by TheManningFam10 View Post
          JR will pick the BPA, period.
          That's only part of it. I don't recall having a major need position since JRs been gm. This years a little different. While I think BPA is a major part of Reese's process, I am pretty sure this is the year we pick some needs without reaching too far for them. I'm still not sold that Wilson was BPA. Just best back available and between Jacobs complaints and ABs feet we were filling a need. Maybe others disagree. What if round one BPA is geno or cordarrelle.. No way we go qb or wr in first. There's more to it than solely BPA is my point and I'm hopeful even more so this year. The important thing is no reaching.
          2017 Draft Wishlist:
          1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
          2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
          3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
          4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
          5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
          6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
          7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

          sigpic
          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
          - Homer J. Simpson

          Comment


          • #20
            Here's a good read:
            http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=469731

            And another. This one is exactly what I was trying to say:
            http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/31/...cted-in-april/
            2017 Draft Wishlist:
            1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
            2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
            3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
            4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
            5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
            6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
            7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

            sigpic
            "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
            - Homer J. Simpson

            Comment


            • #21
              Well it also depends on how high they grade him compared to other players. Maybe they have him as the number one running back in the draft... we really will not know who they have at the top of their board. I have to imagine in the 3rd/4th they would like the potential value at that spot. First round talent no question. We go BPA to fill a need I think personally. If we could use someone at that position and they are the best player on their board for a position that we could use then I'm sure that they pull the trigger on the guy.
              sigpic
              S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
              __________________________________________________ ______
              Mock Draft
              1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
              4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
              6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
              __________________________________________________ ______
              Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                Well it also depends on how high they grade him compared to other players. Maybe they have him as the number one running back in the draft... we really will not know who they have at the top of their board. I have to imagine in the 3rd/4th they would like the potential value at that spot. First round talent no question. We go BPA to fill a need I think personally. If we could use someone at that position and they are the best player on their board for a position that we could use then I'm sure that they pull the trigger on the guy.
                Agreed
                2017 Draft Wishlist:
                1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                sigpic
                "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                - Homer J. Simpson

                Comment


                • #23
                  Certainly valid points tailgatin. Thanks for the input/articles. Guess only time will tell, and so close we are to finding out!!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Btw, if your mock draft for us pans out I think i'll cry tears of joy

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by TheManningFam10 View Post
                      Agreed. This dude is too talented for SOMEBODY not to take a chance on him. I see 4th round as being the latest he gets picked.
                      I don't know if it'll be us, but this kids the real deal.. Clinton Portis came back from his leg looking like it was barley hanging on by a thread back in 02 or 03 or whatever it was? I think as someone mentioned, doctors are on top of these things now and guys are coming back from this after the nessecary time off and alot of times earlier.. He was right up there with the big ones as far as RB prospects draft stock before being injured.. Taking a flier on this guy in the 4th seems appropriate, and i woulden't be surprised to see 3rd rd...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                        I don't know if it'll be us, but this kids the real deal.. Clinton Portis came back from his leg looking like it was barley hanging on by a thread back in 02 or 03 or whatever it was? I think as someone mentioned, doctors are on top of these things now and guys are coming back from this after the nessecary time off and alot of times earlier.. He was right up there with the big ones as far as RB prospects draft stock before being injured.. Taking a flier on this guy in the 4th seems appropriate, and i woulden't be surprised to see 3rd rd...
                        Agreed, the kid from L'ville literally had a bone sticking out of his leg and he was walking with crutches soon after. Peterson came back and had an amazing year but his was not as severe as Lattimore's knee injury I believe. I think the talent would be very hard to pass up in the 4th. I also see someone taking a chance on the kid in the 3rd... I mean if Honey Badger is going third round possibly with his past and under sized build then I do not see why someone would not take Lattimore who seems like a really good kid and is a straight stud
                        sigpic
                        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Wilson, Brown & a healthy lattimore.....not realistic, but that'd be special....

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                            Wilson, Brown & a healthy lattimore.....not realistic, but that'd be special....
                            Maybe not probable, but I dont think unrealistic is the correct mindset.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                              Agreed, the kid from L'ville literally had a bone sticking out of his leg and he was walking with crutches soon after. Peterson came back and had an amazing year but his was not as severe as Lattimore's knee injury I believe. I think the talent would be very hard to pass up in the 4th. I also see someone taking a chance on the kid in the 3rd... I mean if Honey Badger is going third round possibly with his past and under sized build then I do not see why someone would not take Lattimore who seems like a really good kid and is a straight stud
                              I saw the special 30 on 30. with John Gruden, Lattimore was in his QB camp sitting. speaking, he sounded like a real inspirtation and overcomer. A lot of misfortune, but claims he'll be coming back after 6 months from that freak knee injury. Better than ever, he believes in himself, he can do it. There's a saying: "When i believe in myself so do others". Though Lattimore probably wouldn't play the 2013 season, reminds me a bit of Willis Mc Gahee coming out of Miami with that injury and didn't play his first season. But has had a very solid career.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                                I saw the special 30 on 30. with John Gruden, Lattimore was in his QB camp sitting. speaking, he sounded like a real inspirtation and overcomer. A lot of misfortune, but claims he'll be coming back after 6 months from that freak knee injury. Better than ever, he believes in himself, he can do it. There's a saying: "When i believe in myself so do others". Though Lattimore probably wouldn't play the 2013 season, reminds me a bit of Willis Mc Gahee coming out of Miami with that injury and didn't play his first season. But has had a very solid career.
                                Agreed.
                                sigpic
                                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                                __________________________________________________ ______
                                Mock Draft
                                1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                                4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                                __________________________________________________ ______
                                Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X