Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRAFT: WHO DO YOU WANT VS WHO DO YOU THINK WE GET?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think Ogeltree may be the biggest bust in this draft. Some guys are just good football players in college but they don't fit well in the NFL.
    So what is Ogeltree? He's not a MLB. He's too small and can't shed blocks. Is he a WILL? Don't know. He's never played there before.
    Is he a 3-4 OLB? Maybe.
    Its not that he's not a good football player. Its that their is no obvious fit for him in the NFL. To me...that means he needs to be stayed away from in round 1.
    This defense doesn't really utilize a true MLB. There a loads of times that Boley was the MLB. Ogeltree is 235/240 range and in the NFC east they don't play a traditional 4-3 but 1st down. He is a sideline to sideline lb. I have to disagree w you. No being douce. Lauranatias they said same thing as well as urlacher.
    Last edited by GOBLUE24; 04-17-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
      Anything's a possibility with our team but it's not a good bet to take any LB especially since Reese ignores them. I mean it could be a great pick but it's Reese we're talking about. I don't think the Giants even scouted a LB since McClain.
      This such a washed up comment. Reese has only been a part of 6 drafts in which he chose 5 different positions in the 1st round: CB, S, WR, DE, and RB. Our LB is not even mediocre so him taking a solid LB in the 1st or 2nd is not a reach at all.

Ill be happy with a solid LB or CB but wont be suprised to see a DE or Oline pick. That wont bother me either as long as they are a stud.
      2017 Draft Wishlist:
      1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
      2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
      3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
      4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
      5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
      6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
      7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
        I want an OL. Any OL that is worth that #19 pick. Warmack, Cooper, Fluker (borderline).

We'll probably end up drafting Vaccaro or Tavon though, since Reese likes to draft our MOST stacked position in the 1st round as of late. Wilson when we already had Bradshaw, Brown, and Scott (and could have swung Jacobs back easily), Prince when we had Webster and Ross both trucking, plus T2 was (at that point) coming back after only one ACL. JPP when we had Tuck and Osi. The last time we spend a 1st rounder on a non-stacked position was when we drafted Nicks.
        I can't blame JR for drafting at stacked positions if the talent is right for that pick because depth sure does seem to deplete pretty quickly (ala our secondary every single year). I think it'll be Vacarro because he's worthy of the 19th, he's a Safety and KP is gone, and it's a skill position like JR likes to draft in the 1st.

That being said, we alway spend high picks on the secondary, and yet they stink as a unit, year in and year out.

Comment

I would like Ansah or Fluker but I think they Giants will draft Werner.
          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            All this said, i'd rather trade down and add a pick or 2.
            http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-up-from-no-30

Food for thought .

Comment

Xavier Rhodes and Ogletree would be perfect fits. X-man and the Prince...Webby we don't know if he'll bounce back, and T2 didn't even make it through preseason. Ogletree would be a nice fit because Dan Connor is oft injured and that would give him some playing time, i believe he would beat out herzlich, his upside and playmaking alone.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                "The Falcons have an extra fourth-round pick to play with this year." It's going to take a lot more than a 4th RD to move up to # 19 where the Giants are. Generally speaking I'd be willing to trade down and stock pile picks, but it's got to be something nice like a 2nd and 3rd rounder in there. Otherwise, we can get some very nice value at # 19.

Comment

I think Ogeltree may be the biggest bust in this draft. Some guys are just good football players in college but they don't fit well in the NFL.
                  So what is Ogeltree? He's not a MLB. He's too small and can't shed blocks. Is he a WILL? Don't know. He's never played there before.
                  Is he a 3-4 OLB? Maybe.
                  Its not that he's not a good football player. Its that their is no obvious fit for him in the NFL. To me...that means he needs to be stayed away from in round 1.
                  Not to mention his character issues. Getting drunk and partying is all fine and dandy, but getting a DUI the day before the Combine is inexcusable in my eyes. It reeks of an irresponsible person who can't be professional. It would be like any of us getting a DUI the day before a big job interview.

On a side note: Why the hell am I agreeing with Morehead so much?

You might want to watch out though, any negativity towards Ogletree labels you as a "massive hater". Though I think you're familiar with being labelled as such already...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Don't forget the giants could take a deal from falcons and add a pick next yr as well.. Say our first for falcons first and 4th and 3rd next yr...

Comment

Chance Warmack will be our pick if he is available.

Comment

Originally posted by G.I. Ants View Post
                        Chance Warmack will be our pick if he is available.
                        He won't be.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

He won't be.
                          Rumour is he just might be... Rumour is Jon Cooper is the one being coveted by teams and there probably won't be 2 G's taken in top 20picks.. If that is true, Chance will be on board when we pick...

Comment

Rumour is he just might be... Rumour is Jon Cooper is the one being coveted by teams and there probably won't be 2 G's taken in top 20picks.. If that is true, Chance will be on board when we pick...
                            I hope that that rumor is true. While I highly doubt that JR takes a G with the #19 pick, I'd like to see Warmack as an option when the Giants pick. I'd love to have that road-grater on the Giants.

Comment

Do you really think so?
                              I'd be happy if it was true but I just don't see it.
                              Let's hope you're right.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                                "The Falcons have an extra fourth-round pick to play with this year." It's going to take a lot more than a 4th RD to move up to # 19 where the Giants are. Generally speaking I'd be willing to trade down and stock pile picks, but it's got to be something nice like a 2nd and 3rd rounder in there. Otherwise, we can get some very nice value at # 19.
                                I read it would take a 3 rd round draft pick to move up from 30th to 19 th. ( 235 points more less if memory serves me well ).
                                I would not mind that at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X