Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Reese Draft Picks: Breakdown By Position

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...aft-picks.html
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think it is funny how the position he has drafted the most is still arguably our biggest need. Maybe we should think to draft one a bit earlier than in the past haha..
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

someones dropping the ball on LBs in the scouting department.....Every year we hear how supposedly none of them fit our system,or there wasn't anyone their that they feel would make a difference....Yet every year theres LBs that go on to produce,while we draft guys like dillard,goff,sintim,etc...

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
        someones dropping the ball on LBs in the scouting department.....Every year we hear how supposedly none of them fit our system,or there wasn't anyone their that they feel would make a difference....Yet every year theres LBs that go on to produce,while we draft guys like dillard,goff,sintim,etc...
        Exactly. Needs to change. Hopefully this is the year we take one round 1 or 2.
        2017 Draft Wishlist:
        1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
        2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
        3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
        4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
        5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
        6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
        7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
        "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
        - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

If we draft an Ogletree or Khaseem Greene that could change.

Comment

Jerry loves him some ACC..... This means next year the Giants will draft Logan Thomas.
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

All the scouts scout all the positions... so all of them are missing it.

But the bigger truth is, in the first three rounds, the giants have not passed up a good LB to draft a bum. They have continually picked guys who were very good over LBs.

Do you fault them for taking JPP over Weatherspoon? Or Linval over Washington?

I personally cant.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

But the bigger truth is, in the first three rounds, the giants have not passed up a good LB to draft a bum. They have continually picked guys who were very good over LBs.

I personally cant.
                True.. Some might say David Wilson over Bobby Wagner..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  True.. Some might say David Wilson over Bobby Wagner..
                  well possibly, can get a good idea of that in a year or two.

Comment

well possibly, can get a good idea of that in a year or two.
                    Also true..

Comment

I am the first person to critique the team but please the scouting department is the last thing on the list of who deserves blame.

Comment

I personally cant.
                        I don't fault them for those picks, but our LBs being such a weak spot for soo long, one could definetly argue, Washington,Sean lee,Navarro bowman wich all 3 were BPA lbs instead of linval joseph , would've been wiser choices....but ofcourse we got a good player in Joseph, but going back in time I'm sure we would've picked differently.....
                        Even when lavonte David, a lb that was every bit 1st round talent comes within a few picks of our 2nder, why not get Agressive & make a trade? I don't like trading up but when you have a chance at grabbing a guy that'd solve a major problem,you do it.....
                        Everyone's got their own opinion on our LBs, but no matter what position, you don't adress a area of need on your defense with late round picks,projects,guys that cant stay healthy & their original teams didn't even want them back......eventually you've got to wonder what the hell is going on....Williams is our most talented Lb & he was a total project and still doesn't have a full grasp of the game yet....that says alot about the talen we have back there

Comment

I don't fault them for those picks, but our LBs being such a weak spot for soo long, one could definetly argue, Washington,Sean lee,Navarro bowman wich all 3 were BPA lbs instead of linval joseph , would've been wiser choices....but ofcourse we got a good player in Joseph, but going back in time I'm sure we would've picked differently.....
                          Even when lavonte David, a lb that was every bit 1st round talent comes within a few picks of our 2nder, why not get Agressive & make a trade? I don't like trading up but when you have a chance at grabbing a guy that'd solve a major problem,you do it.....
                          Everyone's got their own opinion on our LBs, but no matter what position, you don't adress a area of need on your defense with late round picks,projects,guys that cant stay healthy & their original teams didn't even want them back......eventually you've got to wonder what the hell is going on....Williams is our most talented Lb & he was a total project and still doesn't have a full grasp of the game yet....that says alot about the talen we have back there
                          Just going with draft picks, if we didn't have Linval Joseph, and knowing now about Canty's injuries, we'd of had zip, squat, nothing at DT without Linval last yr, and Austin has been a bust.. Linvals a beast, and his best days are most likely in front of em as he continues to get better and better.. Nah, i'm still going Linval Joseph in my opinion..

The only thing i could see if picking bobby wagner with last pick of rd 1 last yr, but as SLIP said, its hard to say yet on that, becaseu David Wilson will most likely pile up yardage as our starter going forward, but if he ends up injury prone or dosen't do as well as expected, that could be a blunder..

Comment

I find it interesting that we've picked as many QB's as we have DE's under Reese. And only ONE guard drafted under Reese. . .do we put away any hopes of picking one of the highly rated ones in the first round or two?

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                              I find it interesting that we've picked as many QB's as we have DE's under Reese. And only ONE guard drafted under Reese. . .do we put away any hopes of picking one of the highly rated ones in the first round or two?
                              Its not really surprising when u have Kiwi, Tuck, and OSI on the roster all signed to deals and in there 20's.. Why would they keep drafting DE's, when they have those guys?

Comment

Working...
                              X