Banks or Trufant in the 1st?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Is it crazy Banks would fall to us we got Prince at 19 and I feel he was a better prospect
    Well I am not saying that is crazy that he probably will fall to our pick, I am saying it is straight to think that he was the #2 CB on almost every site I looked at prior to the combine and now he is #4 on most of the lists now because of a poor combine... Now he could potentially be anywhere from a very late first to mid second round according to sites projections but who knows. I think all of these non football numbers distort the draft a lot from how it would be if it were merely the tapes that decided players draft slots. Kind of like Moore from Texas A&M, he was projected to be a top 5-10 pick and now Dion Jordan is thought to be a top 5 lock (partly because of his performance at the combine) and Moore could very well be on the board when we are picking as well.

I just watched a sports science where they measured getting off the line once the ball is snapped and sprinting 10 yards and Moore was like .01 seconds behind Jordan... I think quickness especially at certain positions is much more valuable to have then speed. Moore is pegged now as a slow player but he gets off of the line very well and has a nice speed rush because of the quickness he has off of the ball.
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
      Didn't you say you loved J.Taylor.... If you were a GM would you take Hayden over him with the heart situation and all? Me, I might be a little worried taking DJ in the 1st.
      He had a freak injury and has been cleared to play. He was a 1st round talent prior to the injury and from recent reports it looks like he's back at full strenght. He was one of the original 1st round CB prospects and that's what I'm referring about considering him in the first round. That been said I don't think the Giants are " targeting " a CB that high and if they do go after one I would love if they get Jamar Taylor ( great instincts and a ball hawk ) in the second, at his true value. I do agree a lot of GM's are going to look away but I have a hunch someone is going to take a " chance " on him ( late first or more probably early to mid 2nd round ) and my gut feeling is that he is going to rock on sundays.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
        Hayden is sick for sure. First rounder sounds pretty risky though with his near death injury in practice where he like tore the biggest vein in your body and they had to drill his chest open to save his life. He is getting back to his old self I believe and is pretty close I think. I have no idea where he is projected but he is the real deal.
        Funny thing is the " experts " and reports are still projecting him very high. I guess that the recent medical reports and his pro day ( 4.38 40 ) are getting him back in the mix. That been said I do agree there is some uncertainty about his status and don't know how his stock will be affected. If some GM's do their medical work on him and see he is fine then he will go early on draft day, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
          there is not much drop off between rhodes/milliner and trufant. talk about a reach, dj hayden has an injury history and that alone removes him from contention for the 19th pick.
          Its going to be interesting how Hayden's draft day is going to turn out. He already is a winner in my eyes.

Comment

Trufant would certainly be my pick, however, there are some interesting players at CB in the second and third rounds that may be available. Reese says he will pick the best player available and I believe him. It will be interesting to see who he picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
              Trufant would certainly be my pick, however, there are some interesting players at CB in the second and third rounds that may be available. Reese says he will pick the best player available and I believe him. It will be interesting to see who he picks.
              I agree about there being plenty of interesting CB prospects in this draft. This has to be one of the best drafts for CB's that I have seen in quite a while. I really hope we capitalize on this and get a CB who really can help us out.
              sigpic
              S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
              6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

I think we need a CB, but i would only take Xavier Rhodes at pick 19, albeit, if we took Trufant, i coulen't be to annoyed, becasue i like em alot, but more pick 25-28ish.. If were to trade down to pick 25-32, i'd be fine taking either Taylor or Trufant.. I honestly believe Jordan Poyer is a late 1st , early 2nd talent, and if were to get him in RD 3 say, i feel we'd have one of the bigger steals in the draft...

Basically i'd wait, unless Rhodes fell, and even then, i'd still go with Werner if he were on the board, but we do need a CB at some point i think..

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
                  there is not much drop off between rhodes/milliner and trufant. talk about a reach, dj hayden has an injury history and that alone removes him from contention for the 19th pick.
                  that's how I feel about Carradine

Comment

I'm with Hayden as the third CB...

Comment

Working...
                    X