just a thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a thought

If Warmack,Ogletree or Woerner or any other top DE is avail when we pick,who do you think JR will go with?
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

DE all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      DE all the way.
      Don't count on it
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        Don't count on it
        Why?

Comment

Originally posted by giantcarll View Post
          If Warmack,Ogletree or Woerner or any other top DE is avail when we pick,who do you think JR will go with?
          Of those three I would say they would pass on all of them. I can't see them taking a G or LB in the first and Werner isn't the physical freak that the Giants like at DE.

Comment

If Werner falls to us I'm fairly certain we pull the trigger on him.

Even if Warmack is there.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Warmack is going to be an all-world G.. JR won't pass

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                Of those three I would say they would pass on all of them. I can't see them taking a G or LB in the first and Werner isn't the physical freak that the Giants like at DE.
                So you say even if all three of them is there JR would not take any of them ,then who do you think he is looking at any position for that pick?
                "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                  i really don't understand this logic. Who would you rather have? Our biggest immediate needs are at OL and LB. If warmack (regarded as a top tier guard prospect) or Ogletree (regarded as the best cover LB to come out in a while, and good at getting pressure/shooting the gaps) fall to us, we have to consider them.

People listen to Mel Kiper too much. This overvalue/undervalue talk regarding specific positions in a specific round is incredibly overrated. If a team thnks Warmack or Ogletree are not only the best available player, but they address a need, you take them.

If either fall to us, and we pass, we're potentially missing out on future pro-bowlers at their positions.
                  NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                  Garrett Bolles - OT
                  David Njoku - TE
                  Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Why?
                    I don't see DE as a more pressing need than Oline. But my real caution is because Reese takes some hard turns in the draft that no one ever predicts. JPP and Amukamara being the most recent.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I don't see DE as a more pressing need than Oline. But my real caution is because Reese takes some hard turns in the draft that no one ever predicts. JPP and Amukamara being the most recent.
                      They weren't hard turns. They where the best players available at that time. As much as the OL needs to improve, they struggled to get to the QB last year. That is what they pride themselves on and that is how they won two Super Bowls. They have 1 reliable pass rushing DE right now. That is not what they want. Reese has said that you can never have enough pass rushers right? Well right now they don't have that many any more.

Comment

Well if the past Reese drafts are any indication, it will be someone few will expect. Of the thousands of these threads i've read over the years, few have predicted who we will take or what postition we will go after(although we know the gmen love pass rushers). No doubt there will be threads of why didn't we take this guy or fill this position minutes after the pick. Just have to wait and see. Any news from reese is usually a smoke screen. He doesn't show his hand. Just have to wait and see.

Comment

They weren't hard turns. They where the best players available at that time. As much as the OL needs to improve, they struggled to get to the QB last year. That is what they pride themselves on and that is how they won two Super Bowls. They have 1 reliable pass rushing DE right now. That is not what they want. Reese has said that you can never have enough pass rushers right? Well right now they don't have that many any more.
                          And the have Tracy and Ojomo they need to either play or get rid of.
                          Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-19-2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Hard turns is a reference to unexpected

Comment

And the have Tracy and Ojomo they needs to either play or get rid of.
                              Those guys are as reliable at this point as the OL's they have waiting to get a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X