Jarvis Jones reminds me of Lawrence Taylor hope we get him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    A lot of that has to do with a change in OL play. LT for a lot of his career was treated as a blitzer. And therefore, was blocked by TEs and backs. Or they would try to slide a guard out to get him while the tackles blocked the DEs.

Seems moronic to do so now, but thats what used to happen. Now the elite OLBs like Miller get an OT in their face when they pass rush.

But either way, LT was at least if not a better athlete than Miller, and seemed to enjoy dishing out pain.

Neither are anything like Jarvis Jones, who is a somewhat average athlete at best. Just not at all an elite type prospect.
    This video isn't for u slip, but u might enjoy if u haven't seen em in awhile, but for the others who either never seen him really live or are comparing em to Jarvis Jones, as this will quickly change that...

Look how insane he was even against the pass, his speed was outter worldly, and he just played with a reckless abandoned that with that speed and strength, was like nothing i've ever seen..

Lawrence Taylor Highlights - YouTube

► 4:52 www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfzrMlo94EU
    Nov 14, 2012 - 5 min - Uploaded by sgm3332
    Highlights of NY Giants outside linebacker Lawrence

Comment

The only guy to ever come close to LT was Derrick Thomas. If he didn't pass away at an early age, he would have been the all time leading sacker and walk right into the hall of fame.

Comment

Clay matthews.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
          Clay matthews.
          Not the same type of player at all.

Comment

Jones comparable to the best defensive player in history?

Good God this place is ridiculous at times.. it shows why fans are fans and would get fired in their first season if hired as a talent evaluator.

Comment

Clay matthews.
              Please.........LT CHANGED the game of football. he is the GREATEST PLAYER EVER, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
                Please.........LT CHANGED the game of football. he is the GREATEST PLAYER EVER, period.
                I know this is the popular thing to say, but its not entirely because of LT. A significant part of that is because he was a blitzing LB, and offensive lines did not know how to block him. Thats more of a scheme issue. Theoretically if you had another LB that blitzed all the time, offenses would have had to change to deal with that too.

Comment

Not the same type of player at all.
                  Not talking about jarvis

Comment

Not talking about jarvis
                    You are saying Clay Matthews is like LT. He isnt, in any aspect.

Comment

You are saying Clay Matthews is like LT. He isnt, in any aspect.
                      Oh? Then why did you say he was, a year, maybe 2 yrs ago?

Comment

Oh? Then why did you say he was, a year, maybe 2 yrs ago?
                        I never said Matthews was like LT.

Only players I have ever said were similar were DT and Von Miller.

Comment

NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones is the most NFL-ready pass rusher in the draft.He compares Jones to Terrell Suggs. Cosell acknowledges Jones isn't as "purely athletic" as Dion Jordan or Barkevious Mingo, but believes Jones is ready to be an impact pass rusher from day one. We tentatively expect Jones to be drafted in the teens, but it wouldn't be surprising if he cracked the top ten.
                          Source: NFL Films Blog

Comment

I'm sorry but to tnis date I haven't seen any other NFL player or college prospect not even near LT's neighborhood. Light years away from LT's level.
                            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

There are much better SAM LBs out there....not sold on Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X