No announcement yet.

Systematically JR Has Shown Us Whats Next On His Radar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After this revis trade I feel more confident a Good CB will be there at 19. The two best guards will be gone and after Johnson and Joeckel, I'm not thrilled w any other tackle in the 1st. I hope we get Rhodes

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
      But we have solid starters at CB, DT, and DE. We do not have a solid starter at ROT
      We don't just draft for immediate needs for THIS season. We drafted JPP and spent a year developing him to replace vets and we would do the same here.

We may have vets at DE, but 2 of the 3(kiwi and Tuck) are coming to contract next year in a year where a lot of key players are as well. We cant resign them all and if we try to draft their replacements next year you can put a rebuilding stamp on the team.

All of the same arguments that 1 can make about needing a ROT can be made for defensive end. We have the returning starter from last year, but they were not good players last year and are on the decline.

The 1 point OT has going for it is the front office made it clear that improving the run game is an offseason priority.
      sigpic

Comment

I think if a DE is tthere that will be the pick .Tuck and Kiwi are 30 and Tucks deal is done after this season. I cant see them leaving that position with that much uncertainty

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
          But we have solid starters at CB, DT, and DE. We do not have a solid starter at ROT
          As of now prince I'd our only solid cb & jpp our only solid de....typicaly you don't draft a none LT in the top 20

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
            fluker is atrocious against the run and has terrible footwork,,we can get a guy like him in the later rounds,dont let the fact that he played for alabama cloud your head.
            there are a few legitimate concerns about fluker's game, but run blocking is definitely NOT one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
              fluker is atrocious against the run and has terrible footwork,,we can get a guy like him in the later rounds,dont let the fact that he played for alabama cloud your head.
              I disagre

I have said Fluker isn't my favorite choice. But, anyone knocking his run blocking hasn't seen him play.
              Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-22-2013, 02:48 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Why do i sense some very unhappy Giants Fans if they select Fluker in the first..Would kinda remind me of the Luke Pettigout pick in the first from ND.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  Diehl was as good a player as tuck or webster last season
                  I do also think they played " fairly " good last season but I very well could see Reese drafting the next RT, CB or DE of the future for that matter. That fact they played well or not has nothing to do with what Reese decides in draft day and if you consider David Deihl, Webster and Tuck are playing out their contracts Reese probably could pull the trigger if some stud player is available even if is not a need at this moment ( this year ).
                  " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    He still has his RT starter from last year, and has drafted three OTs to compete for that job.
                    Exactly! You are assuming that Brewer and company are not ready to compete with Diehl for the starting job, I think we may be surprised....

Comment

Working...
                    X