Systematically JR Has Shown Us Whats Next On His Radar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systematically JR Has Shown Us Whats Next On His Radar

We need not have to read the " Tea Leaves " if we look at what JR has done so far. We needed upgrades ( And or replacements ) at MLB , TE, DT, WR, K. He secured the left side of the OL, took care of the safety position, signed aaron Ross for CB depth. What obvious pos. didn't He address ? Well we all know what that is, its ROT.

Fluker..? Is that the answer..? DJ Fluker..??

Comment

Or CB. Or DE. Or DT.

Comment

DE/DB is my guess. You'll bankrupt your franchise if you try to stockpile these positions through free agency, and with the potent offenses of the NFL, you need quite a few quality starters at all times.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          DE/DB is my guess. You'll bankrupt your franchise if you try to stockpile these positions through free agency, and with the potent offenses of the NFL, you need quite a few quality starters at all times.
          That's also why I think we might go CB, if one of the top guys slips a little.

Comment

He still has his RT starter from last year, and has drafted three OTs to compete for that job.

Comment

Unless warmack drops, it'll be Cb or LB. oline 2nd rd

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                That's also why I think we might go CB, if one of the top guys slips a little.
                Yeah, and if "systematically" JR has shown us anything, it's that 70%-ish percent of his first round picks are DBs (Ross, KP, Prince) or DE (JPP).

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  Yeah, and if "systematically" JR has shown us anything, it's that 70%-ish percent of his first round picks are DBs (Ross, KP, Prince) or DE (JPP).
                  Yup. I won't be surprised if we draft OL, but I'm expecting DL/CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    Or CB. Or DE. Or DT.
                    But we have solid starters at CB, DT, and DE. We do not have a solid starter at ROT

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
                      But we have solid starters at CB, DT, and DE. We do not have a solid starter at ROT
                      Diehl was as good a player as tuck or webster last season

Comment

Fluker is going to be a versatile guy (which JR loves), with the ability to play both RT and RG, so that is a definite possibility. I also believe we may trade down if there is a suitor for the 19th pick, and I wouldn't mind scooping up an extra 2 or 3 in the process. I would be very surprised if we go CB at 19 though.... unless a guy like Milliner freefalls to us ala Prince.

Comment

and we also know the giants just dont value OL in the 1st round unless they are premiere,which there will be none of at 19.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
                            Well you're talking about positional groups compared to specific positions. You don't need two starting quality RTs (not saying we even have one), but you need more than two starting quality DE/DB/DTs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by speed3freak View Post
                              Fluker is going to be a versatile guy (which JR loves), with the ability to play both RT and RG, so that is a definite possibility. I also believe we may trade down if there is a suitor for the 19th pick, and I wouldn't mind scooping up an extra 2 or 3 in the process. I would be very surprised if we go CB at 19 though.... unless a guy like Milliner freefalls to us ala Prince.
                              fluker is atrocious against the run and has terrible footwork,,we can get a guy like him in the later rounds,dont let the fact that he played for alabama cloud your head.

Comment

Working...
                              X