Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants May Take Notre Dame's Te'o In NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    He did have 7 picks this year and not all were luck.
    I would argue that has nothing to do with his cover skills. In fact, ND didn't ask him to cover hardly at all. They asked him to drop into zones, mostly very shallow zones. He hardly ever played with his back to the QB. He did make some ints and played well, but it was mostly from shallow zone drops.

    He will not be able to run with a TE. He will not be able to run with a Back. He also hasn't shown that he can get deep in drops all that quickly. We do ask out MLB to take deep drops and it has been a major problem for the last couple years. He does have some instincts for clogging passing lanes, but that isn't the same thing as covering.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
      Giants would not be smart to take him first overall, when he could very likely drop to the 2nd, i wouldn't lose sleep over him. Rather Ogletree, Greene, Brown, even Baurentits or Rid**** over him. Rather a Werner or Okafor if available in the 1st.
      hahahahah

      Stand with Cruz!
      80

      Comment


      • #33
        http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=0ap1000000162525

        I respect all opinions but I don't think this is ethical at all.
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

        Comment


        • #34
          Wow. So much fail in this thread. "He looked into the camera and lied to us". If you believe a lie to be true and you repeat it, are you a liar? Also, have.you ever voted for a politician? Were you enraged with Bill Clinton? Absurdity there.

          Teo, talent wise, is a second round pick. I can't recall if it was this thread, but whomever said "he was a heisman finalist" as a defense....I give you Ron.Dayne.....heisman winner. I don't care if "hes like 1 of 10 defensive players even nominated" or whatever factoid someone wants to throw out. Being in the running or even winning that award is meaningless in translation to NFL ability. If an agent wants to use that for PR purposes and/or a team.wants to use that as fodder, so be it, but it has no bearing.

          Hes a young.kid who was shy around girls and played good college ball. He's not a diabolical mastermind who developed a hype machine for himself (probably too simple to even conceive such a notion), he's not a once in a generation talent. He's intriguing and is good enough to be on an NFL roster. Is his potential there to be a starter or even a pro howler? Perhaps. That's what scouts will determine. Gimmie a break on.his character or overhyping.his skill. Ridiculous.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
            Wow. So much fail in this thread. "He looked into the camera and lied to us". If you believe a lie to be true and you repeat it, are you a liar? Also, have.you ever voted for a politician? Were you enraged with Bill Clinton? Absurdity there.

            Teo, talent wise, is a second round pick. I can't recall if it was this thread, but whomever said "he was a heisman finalist" as a defense....I give you Ron.Dayne.....heisman winner. I don't care if "hes like 1 of 10 defensive players even nominated" or whatever factoid someone wants to throw out. Being in the running or even winning that award is meaningless in translation to NFL ability. If an agent wants to use that for PR purposes and/or a team.wants to use that as fodder, so be it, but it has no bearing.

            Hes a young.kid who was shy around girls and played good college ball. He's not a diabolical mastermind who developed a hype machine for himself (probably too simple to even conceive such a notion), he's not a once in a generation talent. He's intriguing and is good enough to be on an NFL roster. Is his potential there to be a starter or even a pro howler? Perhaps. That's what scouts will determine. Gimmie a break on.his character or overhyping.his skill. Ridiculous.
            I don't think for a second that he lied about much of anything. I just think he was easily taken in and that demonstrates a lack of inner strength.
            Maybe emotionally soft.
            The onslaught of media he would encounter in NY may suggest that there are better landing spots for him.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              I don't think for a second that he lied about much of anything. I just think he was easily taken in and that demonstrates a lack of inner strength.Maybe emotionally soft.The onslaught of media he would encounter in NY may suggest that there are better landing spots for him.
              Agreed. I accually have a close friend who went through something very similar to Mantai so I feel for the guy and take.it kinda personal. That said, NY would eat him.alive.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                Agreed. I accually have a close friend who went through something very similar to Mantai so I feel for the guy and take.it kinda personal. That said, NY would eat him.alive.
                As I said often over the past several weeks, he would be better off in a smaller market where he's free to focus exclusively on football.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                  Wow. So much fail in this thread. "He looked into the camera and lied to us". If you believe a lie to be true and you repeat it, are you a liar? Also, have.you ever voted for a politician? Were you enraged with Bill Clinton? Absurdity there.

                  .
                  Did you look up as my post flew over your head?

                  Clinton? LoL. way to stay relevant.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    As I said often over the past several weeks, he would be better off in a smaller market where he's free to focus exclusively on football.
                    I agree 100%.

                    There is no doubt that the media here would pursue this kid for his past problem and the potential for future probs.

                    People can argue "who cares" what the media saysand that is nice, but the lemmings on these boards wanted us to trade Michael Strahan in 2006 because he was going through a nasty divorce and the media was a lil' harsh on him. Deny it all you want but that is what happened. People here were screaming for him to be traded.

                    If they can make 1 of the most beloved players in Franchise history out to be a villain, imagine what they would do to this kid. They are Brutal.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                      Did you look up as my post flew over your head? Clinton? LoL. way to stay relevant.
                      Sorry, didn't realize you have the memory of a concussed former NFL player. I used Clinton because he literally looked directly in the camera and lied. How about Obama saying he'd close Guantanamo? Or Bush saying they had legit Intel of WMDs in Iraq?

                      Also, there was nothing ironic about your post to go over my head. You're giving crap to a 20 year old kid who didn't know what to do in an extremely unique situation and blasting him for "lying to me and you!" Lol. I guess I'm not that prideful or indignant over being "lied to" by a football player living in a totally different world than you or I.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I dont want him because they will treat him like Tebow in the media here. It will annoy me to no end

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          I dont want him because they will treat him like Tebow in the media here. It will annoy me to no end
                          And it will no longer be exclusively about the team.
                          Not his fault really. He just needs to be in a smaller market.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            And it will no longer be exclusively about the team.Not his fault really. He just needs to be in a smaller market.
                            like the Jags..

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                              like the Jags..
                              I dont want to send him to Football hell just not the Giants
                              Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-23-2013, 08:59 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                This thread delivers!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X