Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants May Take Notre Dame's Te'o In NFL Draft

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...TB8Nyt0XknrApL

Excerpt: "The Manti Te’o image rehabilitation project appears to be working.

The controversial Notre Dame linebacker’s stock, which dropped like a stone in the wake of his bizarre “dead fake girlfriend” tale and a woeful performance in the BCS title game, is back on the rise.
    And at just the right time, too — four days before Thursday’s first round at Radio City Music Hall.

Te’o wisely declined an invitation to attend the draft in person, accurately predicting it would be a circus, but scouts say he has done much in visits with individual teams to ease major concerns about his psyche and terrible on-field showings against Alabama and at the scouting combine.
    Much of the talk that Te’o could slip to the second or even third round appears to have dissipated, and the Giants — badly in need of a middle linebacker to help shore up their run defense — wouldn’t surprise many league insiders if they take him with the 19th overall pick.Scouts say Te’o has been able to repair his image largely by coming across so well in team interviews and visits with individual clubs.Several of those teams have been very impressed with Te’o’s humbleness, his willingness to answer their exhaustive list of questions about the girlfriend episode and his football smarts. Te’o also redeemed his poor combine performance with a much improved display at his pro day." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Giants would not be smart to take him first overall, when he could very likely drop to the 2nd, i wouldn't lose sleep over him. Rather Ogletree, Greene, Brown, even Baurentits or Rid**** over him. Rather a Werner or Okafor if available in the 1st.

Comment

don't want Te'o in the 1st.. in the 2nd, sure..

Comment

Noooooo! Not at all in any round!

Comment

That'd be hilarious

Comment

I can't see Teo holding up between the locker room stuff and the NY media pressure.

Then again, he always has a friend to talk to
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              I can't see Teo holding up between the locker room stuff and the NY media pressure.

Then again, he always has a friend to talk to
              OH SNAP

Comment

BUST alert!

Comment

Manti' Bustardo

Comment

I'll kill my goldfish and break my TV if he's the pick at 19..

Comment

Why not? Te'o has the Justin Tuck Seal of Approval

Comment

Prepare to cry kids because I actually believe this could happen...Our LBs aren't worth a crap, & besides the Alabama game/girlfriend deal, teo had a nice 2012 season.....giants or not, teo goes in the top 25

Comment

Chances are slim to none. Not cause of the dead girlfriend but his dead performance in the National Championship game where his weaknesses were exposed in every facet of the game. Couldn't tackle, couldn't cover, couldn't shed blockers. Quality players step up in a National Championship Game he stepped down. Why in the world would we take him at 19? Second round maybe but I'd rather not.

Comment

i am huge fighting irish fan and would love te'o in 1st or 2nd rd
                            sigpic
                            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                              i am huge fighting irish fan and would love te'o in 1st or 2nd rd
                              New York is NOT the place for Te'o.
                              Baltimore, KC or any other smaller market is much better for him. Needs to be where they will leave him alone to play football.

If he comes here as a 2nd round pick that might be more workable, since there wouldn't be as much pressure.
                              Safe to say that emotionally, he might be a tad "delicate".
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X