Eifert for 1st pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Then what the heck will Fluker let run around in his butt?
    Fluker hates hamsters and Eifert too..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      Fluker hates hamsters and Eifert too..
      Gerbils?
      2017 Draft Wishlist:
      1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
      2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
      3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
      4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
      5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
      6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
      7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
      "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

We have a number of more pressing needs. However, if he's the BPA at 19 in JR's view he could be in Giant Blue. Myers looks like the real deal and Robinson is obviously a player we have a vision for. I wouldn't rule Eifert out but it's unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          I'll go on a hamster killing spree.. I kill every hamster in every pet store until there are no more left, if Eifert is the pick
          Under statement?

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

With Myers and Robinson already on the Roster (As well as Pascoe, lol) There is no way JR would draft Tyler at 19. Besides a lot of mocks have the Jets taking him at 13...
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              With Myers and Robinson already on the Roster (As well as Pascoe, lol) There is no way JR would draft Tyler at 19. Besides a lot of mocks have the Jets taking him at 13...
              Not sure that the 3 TE's on our roster would preclude JR from taking a TE . . . .Robinson hasn't even seen the field and Pascoe isn't a starting caliber player. Myers has had one good year, is an awful blocker and is on a short term deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                Not sure that the 3 TE's on our roster would preclude JR from taking a TE . . . .Robinson hasn't even seen the field and Pascoe isn't a starting caliber player. Myers has had one good year, is an awful blocker and is on a short term deal.
                Totally agree with your assessment. However I still don't see the NYGs taking a TE in the first round with all the pressing needs at other positions
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  Totally agree with your assessment. However I still don't see the NYGs taking a TE in the first round with all the pressing needs at other positions
                  I don't really see it happening either, unless JR feels that the value is just too good to pass up

Comment

Ive come to the conclusion im going to be disappointed in who we pick. There just isnt enough players I like for the Giants at that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      Ive come to the conclusion im going to be disappointed in who we pick. There just isnt enough players I like for the Giants at that spot.
                      I sort of feel the same way, unless someone unexpectedly drops like Ansah, Warmack, Lane Johnson, Millner . . . seems pretty clear that's not going to happen though . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                        ya but I don't see TC starting him and we just got Meyers who is pretty solid himself. Why waste a stud receiving TE pick like that. I could see the Wilson pick last year cause AB was on his way out but I wouldn't understand the Eifert pick.
                        Precisely for the reason that you wouldn't have to start him right away.

It takes most receivers (and by extension, receiving TEs) 2-3 years to get with the program on average. Myers is here on a one year deal and Pascoe is eventually going to lose his lunchpail shine. Assuming Adrien Robinson steps up at some point in his life, there is still the need for a TE soon.

Like I said, I wouldn't be crazy about the pick, but I could see Reese doing it if he felt that no one else of commensurate value was there at #19.
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                          if we drafted Eifert and used him the way the Cowboys use Witten I'd be all for it but history tells me that we would use him sparingly and complain about his blocking and forget about what he would bring to the offense as a receiver.....
                          I can dream can't I? I'm sick of seeing other tight ends running ruffshod over the middle. I think with Myers and Eifert, we could solve our dilemma of carrying two expensive wide recievers. Just look at NE. They rely on their tight ends, and have a mediocre wide receiving corp, so why couldn't we?
                          Besides, we have Randle and the new guy to go with the one we keep. Not too shabby.................

Comment

Working...
                          X