Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honey Badger in round 2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Honey Badger in round 2?

    Is it too early a pick to risk on him? He's got talent and can do returns, two areas of need going into the draft. The Giants are a good organization that wil put a support system in place to keep him out of trouble and there have been guys drafted in the second round with off field issues like Marvin Austin and I think the Rams took that ex Florida DB Jenkins in round 2 as well. To me it seems like a good idea,thoughts?

  • #2
    Originally posted by ironfox View Post
    Is it too early a pick to risk on him? He's got talent and can do returns, two areas of need going into the draft. The Giants are a good organization that wil put a support system in place to keep him out of trouble and there have been guys drafted in the second round with off field issues like Marvin Austin and I think the Rams took that ex Florida DB Jenkins in round 2 as well. To me it seems like a good idea,thoughts?
    I think he is too much of a risk in any round. The party he's having shows me how immature he is. He is low character guy and the Giants usually stay away from those type of guys

    Comment


    • #3
      I will be happy ( crazy happy ) with another kind of Badger in the 3rd round, Travis Frederick.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cags View Post
        I think he is too much of a risk in any round. The party he's having shows me how immature he is. He is low character guy and the Giants usually stay away from those type of guys
        The kid just enjoyed smoking pot.. Don't most college kids? You make it sound like he carries a lot of baggage along with him. He would be a top 10-15 pick if he didn't fail drug tests. And either way he has said many times he's not smoking pot anymore.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
          The kid just enjoyed smoking pot.. Don't most college kids? You make it sound like he carries a lot of baggage along with him. He would be a top 10-15 pick if he didn't fail drug tests. And either way he has said many times he's not smoking pot anymore.
          Well, he is talented , no doubt about that. But he would not have been a 10-15 pick unless he showed cover skills this year that he never showed in previous years. But, we will never know that because he got thrown out of school.

          Oh, and in 2011 after his 1st suspension for a failed drug test he said he was humbled and knew he let his teammates down and "would not let it happen again."

          http://espn.go.com/college-football/...led-suspension
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
            I will be happy ( crazy happy ) with another kind of Badger in the 3rd round, Travis Frederick.
            A little closer to my line of thinking, not a Honey Badger fan...

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd take him for his return abilities alone...

              ...maybe in the 5th round or later.

              Comment


              • #8
                Enough with the threads on this guy . . . we're not taking him

                Comment


                • #9
                  Isn't he short with average speed and admitted that even with a year off he didn't prepare for the combine?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    Enough with the threads on this guy . . . we're not taking him
                    I agree with this

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
                      The kid just enjoyed smoking pot.. Don't most college kids? You make it sound like he carries a lot of baggage along with him. He would be a top 10-15 pick if he didn't fail drug tests. And either way he has said many times he's not smoking pot anymore.
                      Come on bro! get real. If this kid enjoyed smoking pot, that is fine with everyone... not a big deal.

                      BUT! he is smoking a couple weeks before the combine, where he knows he will be tested. That is not just enjoying it, he's a moron and has character issues...

                      The Honey Badger's mind:

                      Smoke a little weed > going higher in the draft.

                      Stand with Cruz!
                      80

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Next person thats makes a honey badger thread is getting punched in the face

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ironfox View Post
                          Is it too early a pick to risk on him? He's got talent and can do returns, two areas of need going into the draft. The Giants are a good organization that wil put a support system in place to keep him out of trouble and there have been guys drafted in the second round with off field issues like Marvin Austin and I think the Rams took that ex Florida DB Jenkins in round 2 as well. To me it seems like a good idea,thoughts?
                          The unemployment line is too early to pick this guy.
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I dont agree with this pick. our defense is weak and we cant afford "risk picks" in the second round.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                              A little closer to my line of thinking, not a Honey Badger fan...
                              I tell you, Travis is NFL ready he brings the kind of versatility the Giants love. He played all thru out the interior of the line and finish playing at Center last year. Aside of being a polish O-line player he has that nasty factor I love, with the departure of Kareem, Seubert and O'hara we need to inject some nastiness back into our Oline.
                              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X