2013 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zaggs View Post
    I'm pretty sure he says that about every 1st round pick. Bigger need at the linebacking corp this year than O-line.
    Umm, the LBers don't protect the franchise... the OL does...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
      D-line is still broken......
      Too bad we don't have any picks left.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        You don't get it. We could have had him or someone of equal talent in round 2. He may be fine, but he's a terrible value. We had some great talent drop to us, and wasted that opportunity.This was strictly a "needs" pick and a huge reach.
        Don't be so sure. Long was projected to be a 2nd round pick and was just snatched up.

Comment

• this was the OL coach pope was enamored with i bet...i bet he was there BPA. i remember reading the giants fell in love with an under the radar OL prospect and actually had him ranked ahead of other OL that normally u wouldnt see...thats Pugh...

Comment

• Originally posted by ny06 View Post
            I don't buy it either, and honestly we will never know. I'm assuming this was a need pick over value.
            Why would Reese need to lie?

Comment

• Originally posted by UKAnt14 View Post
              TC seems really happy on MSG...
              Syracuse.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                Really don't believe that Pugh was highest player on giants board??
                I believe he was the highest remaining o-lineman on their board. But with the D as it is, they would have to be high, high, higher than high, to have Pugh the top of the overall board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  You don't get it. We could have had him or someone of equal talent in round 2. He may be fine, but he's a terrible value. We had some great talent drop to us, and wasted that opportunity.
                  This was strictly a "needs" pick and a huge reach.
                  I get it. Reese said he was on top of our board. I trust our GM. He's earned it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    Wow! Getting interesting.
                    Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                    I don't buy it either, and honestly we will never know. I'm assuming this was a need pick over value.
                    has to be. They got nervous with all the lineman that were drafted prior to them picking and feared if they waited till second round none of value would be left so they went that way instead of BPA like always.
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by tittletoshofner View Post
                      Justin Pugh
                      STRENGTHS - Surprisingly smooth and fluid for an OT, Pugh can bend knees and sink hips to pass block with great base/leverage. His quick feet combined with his ability to block with base makes it easy for him to slide out to pass block speed rushers and to re-direct to adjust to quick COD pass rush moves. When he stays in his shuffle he can ride pass rusher completely around pocket. Possessing good playing strength, once he locks up on pass rusher he can keep man tied up and eliminates man from the play. Quick off the ball and highly competitive, Pugh does a good job of pinning inside shaded DL inside on down/side run blocks. Consistently fast getting through the LOS to the second level, Pugh can be an outstanding blocker out in space when he stays over feet and keeps knees bent. Pugh showed his athleticism off when he was able to drive DL down the LOS and then could peel off block and adjust to block backside LB to open up inside hole for RB. He has the size, playing strength and athleticism to start at any offensive line position.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=41856
                      better then the other profile I read......
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                        Don't be so sure. Long was projected to be a 2nd round pick and was just snatched up.
                        And the Bears have shown such great judgement on the O line.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Apparently Reese forgot our D sucks...I could see if there were slim pickins left for D help...but there were lots of good players left. and he picks a OL who he would have probably still got at #2.....just unreal to me...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                            I get it. Reese said he was on top of our board. I trust our GM. He's earned it.
                            +1

Comment

• Dallas got an extra pick now to
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• I don't like the pick, I can't hide it but hey what do I know about football. Pugh is a Giant and that's all it matters. Nothing but love from me to our newest Giant. There I said it.
                                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X