No announcement yet.

Pugh's draft profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with all due respect that was all of his negatives from NFL.com,you didn't bother to give us the positives it had on there,yeah I know everyone wanted someone other than OL but the kid is here now.I myself wanted Olgatree being we need playmaking LBs and I too was upset,but honestly we do need help on the O-line so I will run with this and cheer for this pick.We still have 7 other picks to add to the D

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
      http://walterfootball.com/draft2013OT.php

"Pugh had a solid career protecting Nassib's blind side, but for the NFL, he looks like he probably should be a guard in a zone-blocking system. That, along with him not looking like a starting tackle, hurts the number of teams that could consider Pugh. His disappointing weak and undersized status make him look more like a mid-round pick rather than the top-32 selection some have suggested."
      yeah a reach indeed. could have been had later . desperate move to help the oline with pass protection and run blocking.

Comment

Originally posted by pino View Post
        Scouts Inc. gives him a score of 91. Lot's of respected scouts predicted that he was first round talent. Who wrote up that profile? You?

Since you can predict he'll be no better than Diehl, can you give me the numbers to this week's lotto?
        +10000

Comment

Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
          with all due respect that was all of his negatives from NFL.com,you didn't bother to give us the positives it had on there,yeah I know everyone wanted someone other than OL but the kid is here now.I myself wanted Olgatree being we need playmaking LBs and I too was upset,but honestly we do need help on the O-line so I will run with this and cheer for this pick.We still have 7 other picks to add to the D
          I understand what you have said and I was one of the posters who said we needed O-linemen. Yet I wish Reese would have got the inside lb we also need as well insstead of a player who may not be good. It is just like picking no pick in the first round.

Comment

oline was great but not at 19 with the top 6 off the board , people wake up

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
              Very short arms. Lacks ideal offensive tackle size. Doesn't possess a lot of core strength, can be bull rushed back. Not a quick twitch athlete, doesn't respond well to sudden moves. Hand usage is inconsistent.

NFL Comparison
              Sam Baker

he lacks adequate arm length and size to stick at offensive tackle going forward. His best fit will likely be as an offensive guard in a zone-blocking scheme.

we will be lucky if he turns out like a Diehl.
              I'm not going to go crazy over "small arms." I think that's ridiculous. The guy is supposed to be very versatile and smart. I don't like him at 19, but I think that he'll be a very good player for us and I trust the FO.

Comment

I will ask you for a 10th time . .. . who would you have taken instead?

Comment

Awful pick..

With Rhodes and Werner still on the board? WTF? If this was the BPA then giants need new scouts. I seriously cant believe we picked a depth player with the 19th pick in the draft.. Especially when the draft is deep with 2-3 rd OL talent.

Worse pick in the last 5 years. Mark it down, in 5 years if I am wrong I will eat crow. But this pick is pathetic and an absolute reach.

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

The only redeeming thing in all of this is that Whoever-the-**** Long went to Chicago the pick after. Seriously, the Bears definitely one-upped us on the 1st round reaches.

Comment

Very short arms. Lacks ideal offensive tackle size. Doesn't possess a lot of core strength, can be bull rushed back. Not a quick twitch athlete, doesn't respond well to sudden moves. Hand usage is inconsistent.

NFL Comparison
                        Sam Baker

he lacks adequate arm length and size to stick at offensive tackle going forward. His best fit will likely be as an offensive guard in a zone-blocking scheme.

we will be lucky if he turns out like a Diehl.
                        Here is one i have:
                        Exceptional pass protector who has excellent balance, and manages to mirror pass rushers to keep them out of the backfield. Has excellent hands that he sets and re-sets if rocked, sinks his hips to counter power moves and rarely gets beat off the line. His pass protecting is among the best in the nation. Has good power when in-line blocking and works well in space, has good balance and initial surge to knock defenders back, very good lateral ability to seal off the edge. Works to the next level and plays to the whistle, good blitz recognition and his coaches have commented how he picks up the blocking schemes quickly. Finishes his blocks and shows a toughness and core strength that will make him a good prospect at either the left tackle or right tackle position

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                          Certainly I'm just parroting what many have said since this pick: BPA is a sham...a facade. I would have rather had Justin Hunter. The scary part is how fast they put the pick in. They didn't even consider a trade back. Jerry is truly, unequivically...a ****ing Imgrate.
                          Giants do a crappy job working the draft

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                            Yeah.
                            Strictly better than Fluker - and i would wager no one would bash that pick because his name is all over the ESPN and on the internets.

Comment

DRAFT ANALYSIS:
                              "I told you it wasn't sexy, but I love the pick. He can play left tackle. He can play right tackle. He can play left guard. He can play right guard." -- Mike Mayock

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                                The only redeeming thing in all of this is that Whoever-the-**** Long went to Chicago the pick after. Seriously, the Bears definitely one-upped us on the 1st round reaches.
                                I had Kyle Long "Chris Longs brother" rated aboue Pugh actually

Comment

Working...
                                X