Pugh's draft profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pino View Post
    Scouts Inc. gives him a score of 91. Lot's of respected scouts predicted that he was first round talent. Who wrote up that profile? You?

Since you can predict he'll be no better than Diehl, can you give me the numbers to this week's lotto?
    nfl has him at a 63 grade. either case he is an undersized tackle. im being generous saying he will be the next Diehl or gey rugamer , he may not do well on the NFL level due to short arms and lack of size and power.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      nfl has him at a 63 grade. either case he is an undersized tackle. im being generous saying he will be the next Diehl or gey rugamer , he may not do well on the NFL level due to short arms and lack of size and power.
      He was 61 on my Bigboard

8th rated Tackle 5th rated interior Lineman

Comment

NFL gave him a 73, not a 63.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
          I understand what you have said and I was one of the posters who said we needed O-linemen. Yet I wish Reese would have got the inside lb we also need as well instead of a player who may not be good. It is just like picking no pick in the first round.
          I feel ya dog,I was kind of hoping Reese and company would let some of the rookies they drafted from yrs past draft at O-lineman step in and compete I didn't want to have to wait this long for the draft just to hear them say O-lineman period.No matter what O-lineman they would have picked,I just like to see playmakers or head busters in the first,and I was cursing my a** off but we will get the guys we need tomorrow ans Saturday hopefully dog.I hope we get a dam good MILB soon though

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
            NFL gave him a 73, not a 63.
            oops my mistake you are correct. i typed off the top of my head. but anycase its not ideal at 19

Comment

Diehl's replacement

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

oops my mistake you are correct. i typed off the top of my head. but anycase its not ideal at 19
                I wouldn't pay much attention to it. They've given guys 90+ and they're out of the league in 3 years.

Comment

I'd say give him a chance instead of bashing him on the same draft day. lol

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                    I wouldn't pay much attention to it. They've given guys 90+ and they're out of the league in 3 years.
                    exactly , it wasnt the point. 31 inch arms and a guy undersized and strength. seems like a depth guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                      I'd say give him a chance instead of bashing him on the same draft day. lol
                      That would be too logical for around here.

Comment

lol so biased. harooni only listed the negatives.

despite the knee jerk responses, flaherty was enamored with an OL under the radar prospect and was raving about how he was really the best OL in the draft and stuff. And we did just take Pugh. So I buy that it was the BPA.

he also was in a read offense (nfl style system) so he prob could come in and start at RT day 1.

he understands angles, and gets to the 2nd level as good as any OL in the draft. u know nothing about the kid in all honesty and are hating purely based on "it wasnt the choice u wanted"

Comment

seubert didnt have long arms, or any quantifiable trait and he was a beast...

Comment

Not as angry anymore im going to cut up Rutgers real quick. I will cut up Lville at work when I get a chance
                            Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-26-2013, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I'm not saying the guy is destined to be terrible, but even if he ends up being outstanding (stretch) it was still a reach, we could have gotten him in the 2nd....I think even then a lot of people would argue we reached.

Comment

GF420 you just disagree with me ,what ever the subject out of spite. this kid will not start day one as RT keep dreaming.

Comment

Working...
                                X