No announcement yet.

Pugh's draft profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 SENIOR BOWL, TUESDAY: Syracuse offensive tackle Justin Pugh is an intriguing prospect, but thus far through two practices, it has become more evident that his best position is probably inside at guard. He has the mobility and body control to protect the edge, but he has suspect core strength and struggles to properly use his hands to control rushers at the point of attack. Pugh also lacks the length (31.5” arms) and growth potential to convince NFL teams he can stay at left tackle. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      welcome back soup , long time.

anyway yeah its legit from a scouting report. nfl.com source.

and yes we could use depth but he isnt the last G on earth you know.
      I hear ya. I wanted Ogletree, but after watching tons of highlights, and hearing nothing but great things from my Syracuse friends, this kid was actually my second choice, assuming Fluker was gone that is. Im more than satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
        I hear ya. I wanted Ogletree, but after watching tons of highlights, and hearing nothing but great things from my Syracuse friends, this kid was actually my second choice, assuming Fluker was gone that is. Im more than satisfied.
        yeah no problem with this kid, its just at 19 , come on we have so many needs . we dont even have a real starting LB really.

Comment

yeah no problem with this kid, its just at 19 , come on we have so many needs . we dont even have a real starting LB really.
          Agreed, LB was a larger need. Hopefully they have there eye on someone in the next couple rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
            Agreed, LB was a larger need. Hopefully they have there eye on someone in the next couple rounds.
            There are guys still out there like Arthur Brown, Kevin Minter, Jonathan Bostic, Kiko Alonso, Khaseem Greene, Nico Johnson and dare I say Te'o.

Comment

Very short arms. Lacks ideal offensive tackle size. Doesn't possess a lot of core strength, can be bull rushed back. Not a quick twitch athlete, doesn't respond well to sudden moves. Hand usage is inconsistent.

NFL Comparison
              Sam Baker

he lacks adequate arm length and size to stick at offensive tackle going forward. His best fit will likely be as an offensive guard in a zone-blocking scheme.

we will be lucky if he turns out like a Diehl.
              You are my favorite poster ever.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

yeah a reach indeed. could have been had later . desperate move to help the oline with pass protection and run blocking.
                Later for who? zero chance he would be there when we pick in round 2. The short arms thing, while good to note, does not really mean anything...especially if he moves inside. The fact that he can play multiple positions is a great asset for us and, as you noted, zone blocking is out thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                  There are guys still out there like Arthur Brown, Kevin Minter, Jonathan Bostic, Kiko Alonso, Khaseem Greene, Nico Johnson and dare I say Te'o.
                  Heck ya, u can say Te'o! Te'o in the 2nd would be great..

Comment

Who is eating crow so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Manning View Post
                      I was eating crow by week 2 lol...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I remember I wasn't that excited over the pick at all because I figured that he could have been had in the 2nd coming into the draft and would have loved the pick but there was a giant run on OL... Worked out well so I will eat my crow lol
                        sigpic
                        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Was a solid pick...

Hard to get giddy over O-Lineman anyways..

Luckily for us we hit a good one with Pugh.
                          Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

Still a bit early to say. I mean, he wasen't the problem and showed some promise and got a full yr under his belt, but he wasen't always dominant, and are line as a whole did not improve at all.. I'm on record as not liking the last 2 drafts by Reese, and even with Pugh, the draft as a whole paid very few dividens this past season. So hard for anyone to eat crow for anything yet. No one exactly hated pugh, just thought the value was bad. Most think we could of had him in RD2.. I tend to agree.

Comment

Grading someone in the 2nd round isnt an insult its still a projected starter at RT. My biggest issue with drafting Pugh was passing on Cordy Glenn the year before who i rated much higher for David Wilson. That to me made absolutely no sense and showed very little organizational planning.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                                Grading someone in the 2nd round isnt an insult its still a projected starter at RT. My biggest issue with drafting Pugh was passing on Cordy Glenn the year before who i rated much higher for David Wilson. That to me made absolutely no sense and showed very little organizational planning.
                                Ahh.. What could have been.. Glenn is a beast

Comment

Working...
                                X