Pugh's draft profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pugh's draft profile

Very short arms. Lacks ideal offensive tackle size. Doesn't possess a lot of core strength, can be bull rushed back. Not a quick twitch athlete, doesn't respond well to sudden moves. Hand usage is inconsistent.

NFL Comparison
    Sam Baker

he lacks adequate arm length and size to stick at offensive tackle going forward. His best fit will likely be as an offensive guard in a zone-blocking scheme.

we will be lucky if he turns out like a Diehl.

sounds great..!!

Comment

That's exactly what the Giants need

Comment

we can use him sure. 19th pick , not so hot

Comment

Hey so does Yanda from the Ravens he has short arms same kind of build. Oh yeah and Yanda is probowler. I trust Reese and we needed an Oline. Better pick than the Bears getting Long.

Comment

I'm speechless

Comment

The Giants just drafted REALLY good depth for the O-line. Awesome!
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I just realize I don't even know who Sam Baker is

Comment

Certainly I'm just parroting what many have said since this pick: BPA is a sham...a facade. I would have rather had Justin Hunter. The scary part is how fast they put the pick in. They didn't even consider a trade back. Jerry is truly, unequivically...a ****ing Imgrate.

Comment

Scouts Inc. gives him a score of 91. Lot's of respected scouts predicted that he was first round talent. Who wrote up that profile? You?

Since you can predict he'll be no better than Diehl, can you give me the numbers to this week's lotto?

Comment

Reese making mistakes now. Why man with short arms? A DE with long arms and reach can use his hands to keep his body away and run around the short arm man who needs to get real close to touch someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        Very short arms. Lacks ideal offensive tackle size. Doesn't possess a lot of core strength, can be bull rushed back. Not a quick twitch athlete, doesn't respond well to sudden moves. Hand usage is inconsistent.

NFL Comparison
                        Sam Baker

he lacks adequate arm length and size to stick at offensive tackle going forward. His best fit will likely be as an offensive guard in a zone-blocking scheme.

we will be lucky if he turns out like a Diehl.
                        Be honest . . .had you ever even heard of Pugh before tonight?

Why do you refuse to say who you would have drafted instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                          I just realize I don't even know who Sam Baker is
                          haha

Comment

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013OT.php

"Pugh had a solid career protecting Nassib's blind side, but for the NFL, he looks like he probably should be a guard in a zone-blocking system. That, along with him not looking like a starting tackle, hurts the number of teams that could consider Pugh. His disappointing weak and undersized status make him look more like a mid-round pick rather than the top-32 selection some have suggested."

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                              Reese making mistakes now. Why man with short arms? A DE with long arms and reach can use his hands to keep his body away and run around the short arm man who needs to get real close to touch someone.
                              you would think a guy that gets pushed back would be a no no for a team looking to improve 3rd 4th and goaline shorts.

Comment

Working...
                              X