Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Giants select (Insert Name Here) in Round 2, you will be OK with an OG in RD1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Giants select (Insert Name Here) in Round 2, you will be OK with an OG in RD1

Arthur Brown or Jonathan Cyprien

Lets face it. While OL is a position of need, there were players on the board who would have addressed another need and been a better value. Giants could have most likely gotten this kid in Rd 2 or someone of equal value.
    Last edited by J. Tuck Rule; 04-26-2013, 09:52 AM.

Brown, Minter, or Tank (although that last one might be a risk due to injury history)...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Tank/Brown/Amerson/Hunt/Williams(DT)

Comment

Honestly I have come to terms with the Giants drafting Pugh in the first. By all means its a great pick. I will be happy with Pugh no matter who gets draft in the 2nd. That been said there's a lot of players worth of getting drafted by the Giants with the 49 th pick. For me I could mention my favprites by positions, CB only Jamar Taylor. ILB Greene. OLB Jamie Collins. DE Margus Hunt. DT by boy Jonathan Hankins. S Cyprien is my pipe dream. G Larry Warford. More or less that's my wish list.
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
          Arthur Brown or Jonathan Cyprien

Lets face it. While OL is a position of need, there were players on the board who would have addressed another need and been a better value. Giants could have most likely gotten this kid in Rd 2 or someone of equal value.
          This is what bugs me most about the dissection of the selection of Justin Pugh ... while I agree that there was a chance that he might have been available in the second round, who would you have gotten in place of him if he wasn't?

Winters, Armstead, Bahkthiari and Watson either do not play on remotely the same level as Pugh, or are multi-year projects (Watson).

People really need to stop throwing that around so carelessly because if you truly believe that, you can say that about any of the first round picks (and in most cases, you'd be closer to being correct).

Having said all that I'd love to see us draft one of the following in the second round:

1) Arthur Brown (LB)
          2) Tank Carradine (LB) (*EDIT* - scratch Tank for recovery issue)
          3) Alex Okafor
          4) Damontre Moore
          5) Sio Moore
          Last edited by Kruunch; 04-26-2013, 10:39 AM.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Don't think he would have lasted through the next pick. The Bears probably would have taken him.

Comment

Id love Sio or Arthur Brown. Would not be upset if they went corner and took Wreh Wilson or Slay either. And I would be ok with Lemonier.

Comment

Carradine would be the only real pick that would upset me if he indeed failed a physical.

Comment

would love hunt short or brown.. te'o but i have a feeling that he will go to early 2nd rd
                  sigpic
                  FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Okafor
                    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
                    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      This is what bugs me most about the dissection of the selection of Justin Pugh ... while I agree that there was a chance that he might have been available in the second round, who would you have gotten in place of him if he wasn't?

Winters, Armstead, Bahkthiari and Watson either do not play on remotely the same level as Pugh, or are multi-year projects (Watson).

People really need to stop throwing that around so carelessly because if you truly believe that, you can say that about any of the first round picks (and in most cases, you'd be closer to being correct).

Having said all that I'd love to see us draft one of the following in the second round:

1) Arthur Brown (LB)
                      3) Alex Okafor
                      4) Damontre Moore
                      5) Sio Moore
                      Dallas Thomas Tennessee, He actually went against top tier lineman
                      Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-26-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post

1) Arthur Brown (LB)
                        3) Alex Okafor
                        4) Damontre Moore
                        5) Sio Moore
                        Wasn't it Mayock who said that there was really only 20 true first-round talents in this year's draft? Yes Floyd and Werner were still on the board. Don't know why we didn't take Werner, but I think Reese passed on Floyd and X-man for the simple reason that we have so many people in those positions, and while Floyd and X-man were indeed first-rounders, they weren't that kind of ridiculous JPP athleticism.

All that said, Pugh still feels like a need pick, but one i'd be happy with...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          Id love Sio or Arthur Brown. Would not be upset if they went corner and took Wreh Wilson or Slay either. And I would be ok with Lemonier.
                          That's cool, sticking to your guns 'til the last moment.
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Any of Jamar Taylor, Jonathan Banks, Arthur Brown or Sio Moore. I'm not saying Carradine cause I seriously doubt he makes it to them.
                            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Tank won't fall to 49 despite having a torn ACL

Comment

Working...
                              X