Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BEST thing about picking Pugh at #19..............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strahan7292 View Post
    I think people were a lil harsh on the pick.. I think hell end up being a reliable and versatile OL.. not a star but definitely a starter
    The only rationale i have what he was a bit of technician and moved so fluidly held them in check once he got a hold of them. Also we lost Sean Locklear last year to injury, Diehl went down for a short period as well. Could always use 1st round talent depth behind Beatty(had that eye surgery and back issues) and Diehl who sucks

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
      The BEST thing about picking Pugh at #19 is that I won't need an update from the project offensive lineman report from JP because he's ready to go RIGHT NOW!
      Amen to that, bro.

Enough with the conversion projects....this kid will be on the field very soon.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        Bro, it's much worst than that. I was watching this draft with my buddy who's a Cowboys fan, and we saw Mayock's draft before it started and he had us taking Pugh and my buddy was laughing at me so bad because none of us even heard of the guy. I told my buddy who cares if Mayock said that and we laughed at his pick. The entire night was filled with Pugh jokes and my buddy kept saying "man, if you guys actually take him I'm going to ####".

When we actually took him not only was I about to slice my trachea, but my buddy was laughing so hard at me he had tears running down his face. Thank God they took a center and I got to return the favor.

Worst draft night of my life hands down, so far.

Well....you can relax because you're wrong to be so upset over this. It's a good pick and he will help our running game which needs a lot of help. NOt a sexy pick but a good one.

And, the first time I let a Cowboys fan dictate MY opinion of ANYTHING....I will quit watching football.
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Bro, it's much worst than that. I was watching this draft with my buddy who's a Cowboys fan, and we saw Mayock's draft before it started and he had us taking Pugh and my buddy was laughing at me so bad because none of us even heard of the guy. I told my buddy who cares if Mayock said that and we laughed at his pick. The entire night was filled with Pugh jokes and my buddy kept saying "man, if you guys actually take him I'm going to ####".

When we actually took him not only was I about to slice my trachea, but my buddy was laughing so hard at me he had tears running down his face. Thank God they took a center and I got to return the favor.

Worst draft night of my life hands down, so far.
          Dallas wanted Pugh, themselves. They just thought he was going to last until the end of the round.

Comment

That's what I started telling myself to rationalize it, but I'd like to think I've heard of the best prospects at each position.

Sure, there are Tom Brady's out there who aren't rated high and end up being superstars.....and they go in the 6th round!!! That's why I'm upset, because we could have gotten this guy or someone else later. This is NOT the 19th best player in this draft by ANY stretch of the imagination.
            Mayock had him rated like 22nd or so. He probably wouldn't have lasted past Chicago and definitely not past Dallas. There is zero chance this kid would have made it to our pick in the second. Zero.

Comment

That's what I started telling myself to rationalize it, but I'd like to think I've heard of the best prospects at each position.

Sure, there are Tom Brady's out there who aren't rated high and end up being superstars.....and they go in the 6th round!!! That's why I'm upset, because we could have gotten this guy or someone else later. This is NOT the 19th best player in this draft by ANY stretch of the imagination.
              Scouts Inc. had him as 22nd. Oh the tragedy he wasn't in the top 19 lol. You have little ammo to back your take on this pick.

Position by position why the DT's, CB's, LB's and DE's you keep bringing up would not work.

DT:
              Jenkins, Joseph, Patterson and Kuhn with Rogers and Austin on the bubble. Only room for four guys maybe a 5th on rare occasion. Why draft a DT in the top 20 (has to be paid as such and we are in cap hell) here if he will just rot in the 4th or 5th spot on the depth chart. Jenkins and Patterson are not experiments nor camp fodder. Giants weren't going DT in the first round no matter what. This was evident the minute both Patterson and Jenkins signed here. Even if they cut Rogers and Austin, still only leave one spot for a rookie DT who at best would be 4th out of 5 or 4th out of 4 on the depth chart. Kuhn was drafted a year ago and has no shot of being cut especially since the Giants like him. Add to this that Tuck still will play some DT. DT was never happening.

CB:
              Cannot justify having three 1st round corners on your squad. Webster is also uncuttable as it would kill this year's cap. Prince and his top 20 rookie contract is locked. Hosley is locked. Webster, we're stuck with his contract. Then there's Ross. Giants would not re-sign Ross just to cut him later. Then there's Terrrel Thomas who may go to Safety but he is yet another DB. It is another case where a rookie CB will eat tons of cap just to rot on the bench. It just is not justifiable to pick corners three years in a row in the first few rounds let alone 2 in the first! There is no way it was ever going to be possible unless they cut Webster and that just cannot happen due to the cap hit they'd eat or they give up on Hosley after one year. Like with Kuhn that ain't happening.

DE: You can make a case for Werner but he is ranked worse than Pugh by Scouts, Inc. so I don't know if that makes any sense. DE is not as big a need as OL. You don't pick a worse ranked DE over the better ranked O-lineman.

LBer's: Te'o and Ogletree are morons dude. Te'o has yet to get picked and Ogletree only went to the Rams because they are even more desperate than the Giants to bolster their defense particularly at LB'er. Even with Ogletree going to the Rams he is a buffoon and barely survived the 1st round. Ogletree went to the Rams over Te'o only because Te'o is an even bigger buffoon than Ogletree, lol. Ogletree is ranked 19th, Te'o 21st while Pugh was 22nd per Scouts, Inc. Would you really want to go with one of those two imbeciles over a model citizen like Pugh based on that ranking comparison? No thank you!
              Last edited by repeatchamps; 04-26-2013, 05:12 PM.
              Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

bump
                I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Working...
                X