Hankins was seen as a first rounder..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drez View Post
    I'm trying to explain to you that it isn't laziness (or not completely so), seeing as every DT has that knock against them.
    So they are wrong and you are right? Ok.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'm not a draftnik by any means, but do you think there is a bigger drop off between Pugh and the next crop of OL than there is between Floyd and Hankins?
      I would've rather had Floyd and Warford, though I do admit that Pugh is a more prototypical OL for us.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        Did they say, "Hankins is lazy," or, "Takes plays off occasionally?"

There is a considerable difference between the two.

Comment

Who are "they"? I've read that he looked fatigued. That's not laziness!

Comment

Taking plays off from laziness isn't good.
            I didn't read anything about him being lazy... I did read when he gets gassed he takes plays off I get that they will have to monitor his and playing time...anyhow this is what I read...... http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ins?id=2540147

Comment

Originally posted by byron View Post
              I didn't read anything about him being lazy... I did read when he gets gassed he takes plays off I get that they will have to monitor his and playing time...anyhow this is what I read...... http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ins?id=2540147
              I read that too,

I read on the draft thread that he was lazy, and I didn't like that. Which led me to believe that, that's probably why his weight is out of control.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I read that too,

I read on the draft thread that he was lazy, and I didn't like that. Which led me to believe that, that's probably why his weight is out of control.
                Again though, who said his weight was out of control?

Comment

I read that too,

And that he was an every down player. He was playing 70-80 snaps a game. That's a LOT for a DT. Even as a starter here, he likely wouldn't be playing more than 45-50.

Comment

Originally posted by DVision View Post
                    Again though, who said his weight was out of control?
                    One of the things that was written up about him was that he had "bad weight" around the midsection. However, that is something that could be (and likely will be) monitored by the staff. So long as he actually has a fire to play football, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Comment

I read that too,

he was playing at 320 and playing the whole game I don't think he is lazy at all and his coaches as much said so.....he's a big dude
                      Last edited by byron; 04-26-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I thought the knock on Hankins was his conditioning he gets tired and takes plays offs here and there. Beyond that this guy dominated on the field more than Floyd,Richardson,Or even Star did. Star had the same questions about him but people don't question him as a top 15 pick. Hankins in the second round is a much better 2nd round pick than Marvin Austin was. I'm still not down on Austin either we have to remember the guy didn't play football for 2 years. Austin can and needs to come around this year and show he can play. Hankins on the other hand is a MONSTER his upside is far beyond any of the other DT we currently have.

Comment

One of the things that was written up about him was that he had "bad weight" around the midsection. However, that is something that could be (and likely will be) monitored by the staff. So long as he actually has a fire to play football, I wouldn't be too concerned.
                          Understood, but he lost weight every year he played. He was 355 as a freshman and it dropped every year to the point he's now 320! Looks like his weight is in control to me.

Comment

Our team really pressures newcomers into playing/practicing hard, e.g. Cruz called out Randle last year, our DL has called out Rogers and Austin out in the past, etc.

If Hankins went anywhere else, bad habits could fester. The environment that the Giants have cultivated -- even with vets like Osi and Canty gone -- is a huge asset for all parties involved.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I'm warming up to him a little more. This is the right locker room for him to go to so I suspect his motor will increase here.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                                Our team really pressures newcomers into playing/practicing hard, e.g. Cruz called out Randle last year, our DL has called out Rogers and Austin out in the past, etc.

If Hankins went anywhere else, bad habits could fester. The environment that the Giants have cultivated -- even with vets like Osi and Canty gone -- is a huge asset for all parties involved.
                                Agreed. Like I said, so long as he is a football player, and not just looking for a check, I don't think it's something that we really need to worry too much about.

Comment

Working...
                                X