Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the giants have takendamontre mooore in the 3rd i looove it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Didn't he run a 4.85 40 as well? The bottom line is there is risk, but thats why hes there in the 3rd rd.. The upside though is through the roof... A situational pass rusher as a rook, and as he packs on the lbs and learns the NFL game, he eventually takes over for Tuck and/or Kiwi...
    4.95, I believe.

    Anyway, as you mentioned, that's why he's in the third. We have a nice track record in developing DEs, and this guy has the potential. I really like this pick.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

    Comment


    • #32
      So we took 3 guys that under performed at the combine
      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

      Comment


      • #33
        Devin Taylor had way more athleticism, similar to Ansah and speed. Moore runs a 4.95 40, he can;'t set the edge, terrible against the run. Okafor was way better so is Taylor, he's over rated. The majority of those 12.5 sacks came on inside moves, he has trouble getting around the edge. It could of been worse, given reech's draft process thus far, but this draft class is gonna suck lol .

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
          12 reps on the bench is a start
          Yep, imagine what he can do once he develops the strength to bull rush. Great draft so far . 2 guys that can start right away with Moore seeing time on passing downs this year.

          Comment


          • #35
            12 reps is pathetic for a professional athlete. My arthritic, goofy self could do about 15 a couple years back.

            With that said the 12 reps turned out to be a blessing for us. Without that type of combine performance he doesn't drop to us. I like the pick and Hankins too. Also, Pugh is an intelligent Coughlinesque type of player, not a bad draft so far.
            Miss me yet? sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by dakotajoe View Post
              12 reps is pathetic for a professional athlete. My arthritic, goofy self could do about 15 a couple years back.With that said the 12 reps turned out to be a blessing for us. Without that type of combine performance he doesn't drop to us. I like the pick and Hankins too. Also, Pugh is an intelligent Coughlinesque type of player, not a bad draft so far.
              Yeah, I bet you could -- EASILY -- do 15 reps of 225 with 35 inch arms.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                Yeah, I bet you could -- EASILY -- do 15 reps of 225 with 35 inch arms.
                Long arms don't effect your bench like some think

                Comment


                • #38
                  Ramses Barden did 17 reps, 34 1/2 inch arms. Damontre Moore has 34 3/4.

                  Still love the pick, he was projected early 1st round before the combine and we got him in the third. Fortunately, being a good football player has little to do with being able to bench press 225 a certain number of times.
                  Miss me yet? sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
                    Devin Taylor had way more athleticism, similar to Ansah and speed. Moore runs a 4.95 40, he can;'t set the edge, terrible against the run. Okafor was way better so is Taylor, he's over rated. The majority of those 12.5 sacks came on inside moves, he has trouble getting around the edge. It could of been worse, given reech's draft process thus far, but this draft class is gonna suck lol .
                    I don't hate the Moore pick, but I agree with you on Taylor.....devin Taylor was my ideal DE project.....6'7 270 4.6s..36inch arms...raw...dominated at the east wear game...good against the run in the SEC

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X