No linebacker yet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
    lolwhat? He had a broken hand which was not deemed a significant injury. Which happened after the Panthers game. Webster still got torched by the Cowboys and by Steve Smith so no, it's not the injury. He's losing speed and he's playing in a system that caters to his weaknesses.
    Hand, arm, what is the difference? You are blaming him for the linebackers woes as a cornerback and in the same breath saying he doesn't fit in our system. In 2011 he was getting called a shut down corner after holding every teams #1 to little to no yards. In years past the pass rush was more effective and that helps every corner and d-back out, not just Webster. The team is just that, a team, and until they start playing as one it won't matter how good each individual player is.
    Live and Die with the Giants

"I felt good today."
    -Eli Manning

Comment

Nico Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
        Nico Johnson
        good one, forgot about him..

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
          oh yay more marginal prospects at LB.
          exactly my thoughts . wow another 2nd team guy

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
            Just wasn't a good year for LB's ONCE AGAIN unfortunately, hopefully we can get Kevin Redd!ck in the 4th Round!
            Exactly what people said when we passed on Daryl Washington,Sean lee,Navarro bowman,etc

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
              The entire draft should be secondary and one LB wherever. No LB can help the suckitude of Corey Webster.
              Wow, harsh words for a guy who has been our best CB the past 5 years. Yes, he was off last year, but he also had injuries to deal with. He will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGAiG88 View Post
                I think rd 4 or 5 is gonna be LB
                +1
                New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

The Giants will likely go LB & CB tommorrow.
                  New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manton View Post
                    Corey Webster played the majority of last season with a broken arm. There are certain injuries that can't be overcome.
                    Exactly, plus a leg injury too if I remember quickly. The guy is not old and has given us 5 excellent years in a row. I do not understand why everyone has been so ready to dump him. People have been unduly harsh in their judgements IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMenace View Post
                      Wow, harsh words for a guy who has been our best CB the past 5 years. Yes, he was off last year, but he also had injuries to deal with. He will be back.
                      yes he was good for the past five years but he aint coming back

Comment

Working...
                      X