No announcement yet.

giants trade up and draft ryan nassib WTF LOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's also not forget the cap help you get from having good cheap backups.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
      Looks like the bears agree with your assessment
      Greene is awesome, slip is crazy.. I think the bears know just alittle bit about LB's as well..lol Watch em play, and he looks like one of the best lB's in the country...

Comment

Originally posted by Talorin2 View Post
        Let's also not forget the cap help you get from having good cheap backups.
        U can find a cheap QB to sit and hold a clip board.. Its not like Nassib is some sure thing anyways, hence why teams passed em by for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          Man the Giants have really cultivated a QB friendly environment. They addressed OL very early, and they're stacked at WR and RB. Nassib will have time to develop any flaws in his technique and familiarize himself within the system.

I like the pick. Eli's been incredibly durable, but we'd be screwed without a backup plan. Early? Well, like Pugh, we wanted him and he wouldn't have been there at our pick -- let alone our next pick.
          WHo woulden't u of liked ??lol

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            It shows that Reese REALLY trusts our LB way more than even I do...
            Well with the signing of Connor and re-signing of Rivers, we're -- in a way -- getting value equivalent to that of a third day LBer.

That's just how I see it, but I could see us taking a LBer next round. I did predict fourth round, though, so I'll admit I was wrong with that prediction.

Aaaand there goes Hodges.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
              U can find a cheap QB to sit and hold a clip board.. Its not like Nassib is some sure thing anyways, hence why teams passed em by for so long.
              Not just cheap, but a project that could have an impact down the road. Eli wont be on top of his game forever. No one is guaranteed future success. Any given Sunday, just ask Bledsoe.

Comment

He looks like a young phil simms

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  WHo woulden't u of liked ??lol
                  *Have, and I don't understand the basis of your question. Are you suggesting that I blindly accept everyone of Reese's picks, because if you fallaciously think that I'd counter-suggest opening your eyes in the Thursday night Pugh threads.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    Where is this "greene is great" stuff coming from? Watch him play, hes like 5th-6th round talent.
                    Mayock just said most people had a 2nd-3rd round grade on him

Comment

Jerry reese called hima 1st or 2nd round talent

Comment

Originally posted by Talorin2 View Post
                        Not just cheap, but a project that could have an impact down the road. Eli wont be on top of his game forever. No one is guaranteed future success. Any given Sunday, just ask Bledsoe.
                        Bledsoe wasn't a two time sb MVP.mtell me the last time a qb with that success was sat down. Was a dumb pick I don't care how anybody tries to spin it. Hell I'd take Aaron Rodgers bro as an UDfa. Oh well guess they are happy with our defense lol

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          *Have, and I don't understand the basis of your question. Are you suggesting that I blindly accept everyone of Reese's picks, because if you fallaciously think that I'd counter-suggest opening your eyes in the Thursday night Pugh threads.
                          my bad, just angry... Reaching for a short armed G/T prospect who lacks strength, and then taking a DT when u have a 100of em on ur roster, and lacks endurance and , then a nice pick in Moore, albeit risk, with off field issues and charecther concerns, and then a guy who will never see the field and is far from a sure thing, is just not that great to me..

I also could be wrong though...

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            It shows that Reese REALLY trusts our LB way more than even I do...
                            Obviously Jerry Reese doesnt think your pick Sean Porter is any kind of great talent.

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                              That's something Reese would say

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                                Yeah, I'd assume that on his board (in a linear 1-100 or whatever the number is) he was in the 45-60 range. In the 100 pick range, the value is there.

It's certainly minimized value on our team, with Eli and all, but I'm a fan of this pick.

Then again, I was also a big fan of the Andre Woodson pick in 2008, so my opinion on this type of situation doesn't really matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X