Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Reese thinking during this Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I have no problems with addressing the trenches, but Pugh was a reach at 19. I dont recall seeing any mocks with him as a 1st rd draft pick. But they passed up Floyd who was available at 19 to reach for a 2nd or 3rd rd OT/G. They could have added Floyd and gone after Pugh in the 2nd rd if they were so enamored by him. Then to add a QB, and trade up for him, in the 4th rd is a head scratcher. He wont see the field as a starter for several years.

And in the process Reese has ignored a LB or CB in the draft---2 areas that need some attention, considering our defense was ranked 31st in the league last year. I am not confident in Webster or Ross playing opposite Prince. Connor and Rivers are injury prone, and Williams cant do it all at the LB position. I can actually see teams moving the ball effectively on the Giants D again this season and Webster giving up the big plays again.
    +1, we stay the same, while the other teams got much better. San Fran looks real good, with their draft and Free Agent Pick ups.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
      Its not a big surprise really. Last offseason they said their #1 priority was improving the run game, and they drafted a RB.

This year they said the trenches are the #1 priority, and they spent the 1st 3 picks on it.

I am not sure why people are so surprised.
      Reese is litteraly quoted as saying he wants to upgrade the LB core...

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
        I have no problems with addressing the trenches, but Pugh was a reach at 19. I dont recall seeing any mocks with him as a 1st rd draft pick. But they passed up Floyd who was available at 19 to reach for a 2nd or 3rd rd OT/G. They could have added Floyd and gone after Pugh in the 2nd rd if they were so enamored by him. Then to add a QB, and trade up for him, in the 4th rd is a head scratcher. He wont see the field as a starter for several years.

And in the process Reese has ignored a LB or CB in the draft---2 areas that need some attention, considering our defense was ranked 31st in the league last year. I am not confident in Webster or Ross playing opposite Prince. Connor and Rivers are injury prone, and Williams cant do it all at the LB position. I can actually see teams moving the ball effectively on the Giants D again this season and Webster giving up the big plays again.
        They could of had Kawaan Short, who would of made more sense then Pugh, and then drafted a guy like Larry Warford in RD 2, and then still got Moore in RD3, and then Khaseem Greene in RD4..

I think a high school kid could of drafted better then Reese did this yr.. Its amazing the guy got paid for this...

Comment

You guys kill me. Still didn't answer the question as to why you think you know more than our Professionals.
          Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            Reese is litteraly quoted as saying he wants to upgrade the LB core...
            Yeah and his boss said he wanted to fix the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
              You guys kill me. Still didn't answer the question as to why you think you know more than our Professionals.
              Reese ruined their mocks they have been working on.

Comment

Its the draft forum, dude!!!lol GO start, a kiss the FO a-ss forum if u don't like anything but "i love the pick"...

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  Yeah and his boss said he wanted to fix the lines.
                  And u think we did? Its a question, i'm curious to know ur opinion..

Comment

Professionals are falliable human beings too.. Reese had some similar thinking to fans, hear the press interview on Reese trading up for Nassib. On how he was "too much value to pass up, they thought he'd go in the 2nd row" And how they saw how philly took Matt Barkley in the 4th and traded up ahead of them too. Wow Genius insight he had there. Then to say maybe we should nab Nassib here for the future, knowing the unlikely hood of being able to land a Johnny Manziel in a couple years. Why not develop Nassib Now?

Comment

Its the draft forum, dude!!!lol GO start, a kiss the FO a-ss forum if u don't like anything but "i love the pick"...
                      Answer the question to become legit
                      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

And u think we did? Its a question, i'm curious to know ur opinion..
                        Time will tell. He made some moves in FA and the draft.

Comment

negative people are gonna be negative regardless. it is what it is.

Comment

They could of had Kawaan Short, who would of made more sense then Pugh, and then drafted a guy like Larry Warford in RD 2, and then still got Moore in RD3, and then Khaseem Greene in RD4..

I think a high school kid could of drafted better then Reese did this yr.. Its amazing the guy got paid for this...
                            I would have been ok with Warford in the 2nd rd as well. And I probably would have been ok with Pugh in the 2nd rd if thats who they wanted.

But to see Floyd, Short, Rhodes, Trufant, Taylor, Werner, and Brown sitting there when the Giants selected in rounds 1 and 2, and for them to pass on them, just puzzles me some. Then to not only draft a QB, Nassib or otherwise in the 4th rd, the Giants trade up and lose a 6th rd pick in the process.

I guess Reese and the staff are ok with Webster and/or Ross at the CB position opposite of Prince. And I guess the FO feels that Rivers, Connor and Williams will stay healthy and are their favorites to start at LB. Hey more power to the FO/management. They are paid to know more then me and handle their business. My opinion is just my 2 cents, Reese and co could care less about my 2 cents.

Comment

Because NFL GM's are not infallible. Reese has made plenty of mistakes but it's not like some of us are saying we should be the GM. Some of us watch college football and scout the players. We're not just spitting out negativity and questioning the picks for nothing.

Are we not allowwed to voice are opinions without people saying "we're know-it-all's"? Seriously these kinds of posts (I'm responding to) are just shortcuts to thinking for yourselves. If you disagree with anything the Giants do your being "negative"....SMH.
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                                Because NFL GM's are not infallible. Reese has made plenty of mistakes but it's not like some of us are saying we should be the GM. Some of us watch college football and scout the players. We're not just spitting out negativity and questioning the picks for nothing.

Are we not allowwed to voice are opinions without people saying "we're know-it-all's"? Seriously these kinds of posts (I'm responding to) are just shortcuts to thinking for yourselves. If you disagree with anything the Giants do your being "negative"....SMH.
                                The same people saild the same thing about people who questioned Sinorice Moss, Clint Sintim, Bryan Kehl, Ramses Barden, Marvin Austin, and others as well.. Who cares? They won't be in these forums after today till next yr at this time anyways, so screw it...

Comment

Working...
                                X