The Most Honest Draft Thread You'll Read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    No. I'm not. I think you're still mis-understanding me.

We can all have opinions.
    Apparently we cant, because we havent also been GMs. Or was that not what your post said

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

You cant criticize a baker unless you worked in a bakery. Uh huh. If he puts poo in your cake you should be thrilled
      That totally disregards the part about "liking the baker's cake".

If you want to make the case that some are exposing that "soylent green is now made with people" and others, like myself, are blind to this fact, I would argue that the recipe isn't changing to the cake I eat/enjoy and there never was or has been "poo" in my cake.
      Last edited by ImElectric2; 04-27-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Apparently we cant, because we havent also been GMs. Or was that not what your post said
        Well, if you want to read it that way you can. But you're misinterpreting me. Perhaps for the sake of it or perhaps because you disagree with my premise that people mad at this draft might be cultivating their anger from ignorance and short-sightedness. Perhaps you're mad at this draft and are taking my position as personal attack on you (which, I can assure you, it isn't as I don't know your personal opinion).

I'll try one more time before just settling that we disagree (though to be honest your attempt to try and prove a fallacy in my argument is rather irritating):

We can all have opinions. I think its great.

I do, however, think some opinions are more informed than others. I definitely think Jerry Reese's is more informed than yours or mine.

I think that those questioning what Reese was thinking in this draft are likely short-sighted and don't know the first thing about building a roster at a professional level. (*Edit OR WHAT REESE"S LONG TERM PLAN IS FOR THE TEAM).

But based on your argument to me, I should give the kid up the street's opinion the same respect as that of my gastroenterologist about the blood in my stool the because he watches House and saw an episode or two where House dismissed it as anal fissures.
        Last edited by ImElectric2; 04-27-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Or we have different views on players who he drafts.

There are plenty of people here who hated picks like Sintim, or Bomar, or Barden, etc.

Some of us spend a lot of time looking at players and seeing if they fit.

If Reese has a different view than us, fine, but to say we should just support everything he does because its his job is ridiculous.

Comment

There are plenty of people here who hated picks like Sintim, or Bomar, or Barden, etc.

If Reese has a different view than us, fine, but to say we should just support everything he does because its his job is ridiculous.
            Ok. I think that last sentence may have been the disconnect. I don't think that way and if it came across like that it was unintentional.

I'm not into blind support for anything for any reason.

I guess a better way to state my case would be "If this draft is so bizarre to some of you perhaps it is because Reese is looking at it from a different perspective with different long term and short term goals in mind than what you think/thought."

Case and point would be our 4th round pick. Seems odd to some (me too, even) but based on the whole "who's a baker/who's not" argument, I gotta believe Reese isn't just throwing a dart at a board. He has experience in the field and proven success. There's probably more to it than what we, as fans, may consider.

I don't think this draft is a clear indication that he's driving the ship towards an iceberg, just taking a different course than what many wanted or were thinking.

Comment

Speaking of cakes n poo.. this draft stinks like a poo cake. Period. How can anyone who knows college football support these picks? You're freakin kidding yourself. Moore was the one good pick. There's been tons if proven talent on the boards that Reese decided to overlook. Seems like they're all gambling projects. I hope I'm wrong. I've always supported reeses picks but thus year was a huge let down.
              2017 Draft Wishlist:
              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I don't think he's saying that at all.......I believe he's saying that, based on experience, Reese's opinion on drafting players holds more weight than fans on a MB.

BTW....I think I have a new favorite poster!!!
                I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                  Speaking of cakes n poo.. this draft stinks like a poo cake. Period. How can anyone who knows college football support these picks? You're freakin kidding yourself. Moore was the one good pick. There's been tons if proven talent on the boards that Reese decided to overlook. Seems like they're all gambling projects. I hope I'm wrong. I've always supported reeses picks but thus year was a huge let down.
                  It's only a "let down" if these picks don't contribute to winning. It's a little early for that yet.
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                    It's only a "let down" if these picks don't contribute to winning. It's a little early for that yet.
                    Hence me saying I hope I'm wrong. You can act like you're ok w these picks, or maybe you actually are, but I think it's been a huge disappointment n so has everyone I've spoken to. Obviously it's early, but we passed up some great talent more than three times and traded a pick for a qb who's going to do what for us? We r all entitled to our opinions and this is just mine... terrible draft.
                    2017 Draft Wishlist:
                    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                    - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Working...
                    X