give the giants a grade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• give the giants a grade

with only 1 pick left, what do you all think of this draft for the giants overall.

this was by no means a sexy or flashy draft for us, but we got a few players that will contribute and hopefully will develop in time.

the pick that really intrigues me is cooper taylor, im excited to see this kid in action. I think he could play a great S/LB hybrid and be great against most TEs. this is my favorite pick of the draft.

the nassib pick, i understand we needed to start to mold a replacement for Eli and he was good value in the 4th but if we still have at the minimum assuming no injuries 6 years left with eli we could have waited another year or two to find value at the QB position and still give him enough time to develop. especially if we were giving up a 6th round pick in a draft where alot of quality players were dropping and a fourth round where numerous quality players were still available. Happy with nassib but could be happier.

overall i think it was a succesful draft, infuriating at times but now that its practically over i look back and nod and think just well done.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread....e-Giants-Draft

Comment

Giants have drafted one player who ran better than a 4.95 40.

I know they wanted to get big bodies, but Id give it a C at best.

Comment

I for incomplete..

Comment

If Pugh starts,
          Hawkins > Canty
          Nassib > Carr,
          Moore = Osi - or shows potential
          Taylor makes team.

would be real nice clark, real nice

Comment

Originally posted by winstonsalem View Post
            If Pugh starts,
            Hawkins > Canty
            Nassib > Carr,
            Moore = Osi - or shows potential
            Taylor makes team.

would be real nice clark, real nice
            not to mention the age differences.

Pugh>Diehl

Comment

Anywhere from E- to A+ depending on who plays where and if they can play at all!
              Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

wish we addressed LBs though

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  Giants have drafted one player who ran better than a 4.95 40.

I know they wanted to get big bodies, but Id give it a C at best.
                  good thing 40's dont equal good football players.

You act like we drafted skill positions which require top end speed. Taylor ran a 4.5 and moore ran a 4.9, which is one of the reasons why he slipped. Had he ran a 4.6 he would have easily gone in the 2nd.

Grade - B

Comment

Upgrades all over the field. even at backup QB.

Comment

Originally posted by winstonsalem View Post
                      wish we addressed LBs though
                      I have a weird feeling we're going to go after Dansby.

Comment

Not the best draft I've seen. Don't have that excited feeling I had after last year's draft. But we are also not coming off a SB. We'll see, though.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                          good thing 40's dont equal good football players.

You act like we drafted skill positions which require top end speed. Taylor ran a 4.5 and moore ran a 4.9, which is one of the reasons why he slipped. Had he ran a 4.6 he would have easily gone in the 2nd.

Grade - B
                          No, but it means the team didnt get any faster. I want them to get faster every draft.

Comment

Drafting purely based on 40 times is the mindset of Matt Millen and Al Davis in his final 10-15 years.

Da'Rel Scott has a great 40 time. Let's see what we can get for him in a trade.

Comment

I give the Giants draft a B- or C -- Due to the fact we HAVE the same GLARING HOLE in the defense that we have had for the last 4 years -- NO Quality MLB -- Again Offenses wil be able to POUND THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE through the Heart of this defense in the Late part of the 3rd qtr throughout the 4th Qtr and eat up clock -- Our DT's will again be worn out and have no help from the MLB to stop the run

Comment

Working...
                              X