• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drewz
    started a topic Here comes the UDFAs

Here comes the UDFAs

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN5m
    Let the UDFA madness begin ... Virginia Tech S Alonzo Tweedy has signed an undrafted free agent contract with the Giants. #NYG

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Heres a great Highlight Reel of Charles James if people haven't seen it yet.. Obviously its highlgihts, but its a long highlight reel and clearly shows talent.. I like how he sticks his nose in on the run game, something some might not think when seeing his size, and hes pretty agressive player, and has clear leaping ability, which makes up alittle for his lack of size.. The vision on his returns is pretty amazing if u ask me..

Charles James Charleston Southern 2012 Highlight Tape - YouTube

► 6:38 www.youtube.com/watch?v...
    Dec 4, 2012 - 7 min - Uploaded by 2siege1
    Charles James Charleston Southern 2012 Higlight tape CB,KR,PR 5'10 185 2013 NFL ...

Leave a comment:

• NYGfanSTRICK
    replied
    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Fair enough.. James is alittle on the small side, but hes got fantastic ball skills, and if he can make a few plays in camp and make it to the preseason games and show some stuff, he could be a decent backup nickel.. He also has ST value as a punt returner...
    Yeah from what I have seen of him he is small but he is a feisty CB and can really make a play on the ball. I do not know what his 40 is but I do not think he has break away speed on KR/PR but he is shifty enough to make some solid returns. He follows his blocks nicely on the returns as well. I had him on my sleeper list and think he could be the dark horse to make the team. Tweedy I see making the team as well because of the fact that he is a straight beast on special teams!

Leave a comment:

• slipknottin
    replied
    Fair enough.. James is alittle on the small side, but hes got fantastic ball skills, and if he can make a few plays in camp and make it to the preseason games and show some stuff, he could be a decent backup nickel.. He also has ST value as a punt returner...
    Yea, I think a couple of these guys could potentially make it, all depends on their talent on STs. Thats why Cruz almost got the cut, he has no ST ability

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    Im still going with Tweedy. Coughlin loves his ST players. He will be a probowl ST player.

Leave a comment:

• slipknottin
    replied
    If i had to put my money on any of these kids to stick it'd be that CB Charles James.. I like the little i've seen and read about him..
    Im still going with Tweedy. Coughlin loves his ST players. He will be a probowl ST player.

Leave a comment:

• giants8493
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The whole 3rd day was a complete bust to me. The only picked I liked was Damontre Moore
    Take that back!! How dare you suggest you dislike ryan nassib!!

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    If i had to put my money on any of these kids to stick it'd be that CB Charles James.. I like the little i've seen and read about him..

Leave a comment:

• NYGfanSTRICK
    replied
    http://allnyg.com/2013/04/giants-udfa-scorecard-seven-players-signed-thus-far/

L
    ooks like 7 players. Maybe one of them is just a tryout or was not in fact signed. Maybe we only have 83 at the moment and we are bringing in these 7.. idk

Leave a comment:

• BlueSanta
    replied
    I believe I read that the Giants can only sign 6 UDFA since the roster cant go over 90 spots and they were sitting at 84.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSabbath
    replied
    Kinda wish we'd take a shot at Greg Reid. Dude has had some issues and doesn't have the best size, but he'd be a helluva return guy with some potential at CB depth. I

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Do we have a complete list of UDFAs the Giant have gotten?

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    I thought Sabino got his head blown off by Omar in the Wire? Oh wait, that was Savino.. Hey, maybe Omar can play alittle MLB?

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Apparently DB Junior Mertile from Florida International is joining us as a UDFA - http://fiu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1500762&PT=4&PR=2

Leave a comment:

• King Sully
    replied
    Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I like Sabino, guy is athletic, really impressive pass rushing..we do better with our UDFA's like Cruz and David Douglas, Will Hill, etc. . Check out Sabino, played behind Johnathan Hankins good tandem. Kinda like Suh and Dillard at Nebraska lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-wm_v4N-8 i came away impressed.
    don't say Dillard's name please

Leave a comment:

Working...
X