Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who else is mad we passed over Kaseem Green in the 4TH and took Nassib?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who else is mad we passed over Kaseem Green in the 4TH and took Nassib?????

We finally had a shot at a line backer that fell. We actually need a line backer most people thought he would be gone by the second or 3rd and we finally had a chance to take a home town guy and a player we can desperately use and JR passes over him, not only passes on him but picks a QB. Somthing we need the least over somthing we need the most. I really don't like this pick.

• BigJ
    replied
    Originally posted by idiotekniQues View Post
    not mad in the slightest. nice pickup in the 4th. could be steal of the draft.
    Explain to me how he is a steal, is he going to start over our Pro Bowl, 2 time super bowl MVP QB?? or is he gonna be the best backbup in history. Unless we use him as trade bait or he turns out like Aron Rodgers in 5 years its a waste of a pick. A veteran qb would do just fine for us behind Eli. i wouldnt call it a steal in anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BlessedinBlue22
    replied
    I thought for sure when they traded up it was for either Greene or Poyer.

Leave a comment:

• BigJ
    replied
    Originally posted by JumpSpeed88 View Post
    OMG! We passed over Kaseem Green? How could the giants do this, it makes absolutely no sense to pass over Kaseen Green! I am so pissed! THE GIANTS ARE MORONS FOR PASSING OVER KASEEM GREEN!!... Who's Kaseem Green?
    yea who's Kaseem Green

Leave a comment:

• JumpSpeed88
    replied
    OMG! We passed over Kaseem Green? How could the giants do this, it makes absolutely no sense to pass over Kaseen Green! I am so pissed! THE GIANTS ARE MORONS FOR PASSING OVER KASEEM GREEN!!... Who's Kaseem Green?

Leave a comment:

• slipknottin
    replied
    Originally posted by wideright91 View Post
    That's fair enough. Truck's statement was pretty declarative, though, and not strictly true.
    yea, thats been my concern with these LBs the past couple drafts, they are always end of round/beginning of round guys, where the giants are picking in the middle.

Lavonte David was really the closest they have come to having value = need.

Leave a comment:

• wideright91
    replied
    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    they didnt really pass on him though, unless you wanted to take him a full round earlier.. He went like 5 picks before the giants picked in the 2nd. Had he still been on the board, perhaps they take him.
    That's fair enough. Truck's statement was pretty declarative, though, and not strictly true.

Leave a comment:

• slipknottin
    replied
    Originally posted by wideright91 View Post
    Lavonte David last year comes to mind.
    they didnt really pass on him though, unless you wanted to take him a full round earlier.. He went like 5 picks before the giants picked in the 2nd. Had he still been on the board, perhaps they take him.

Leave a comment:

• wideright91
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    You morons act like every linebacker that we've passed on has become pro bowlers or something. A matter a fact, most of the linebackers you guys have been high on in the last few drafts haven't amounted to much. So relax. There hasn't been a single pro bowl caliber linebacker that we have passed on in the last few drafts.
    Lavonte David last year comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• Carter.525
    replied
    I think we found our new Jeff Hostetler..

Leave a comment:

• idiotekniQues
    replied
    not mad in the slightest. nice pickup in the 4th. could be steal of the draft.

Leave a comment:

• myles2424
    replied
    Originally posted by PRGiant View Post
    That was my problem with Greene, he's a WILL, I don't see him as a MIKE at all and we have WILLs...
    As far as I'm concerned we need ANY good Lb, I don't care wich spot the guy would play....it's not like we have anyone good.....Williams is our best LB & that's not a good thing....Connor & rivers original teams did not shed any tears when they left....

Leave a comment:

• PRGiant
    replied
    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    Oh it could have been decent value, Im just not sure the giants needed another weakside guy, they have a bunch. They need a stack and shed guy to play middle, or a bigger more physical guy to play SAM
    That was my problem with Greene, he's a WILL, I don't see him as a MIKE at all and we have WILLs...

Leave a comment:

• joemorrisforprez
    replied
    Originally posted by BigJ View Post
    What? Who the he'll says that haha. Is it wrong to want a linebacker that makes an impact?? Could you imagine what it would be like to have a guy like Pat Willis with this Dline.... Its a very weak position on this team. The Dline can't do it all. Who wouldn't want an impact line backer that's also a leader. Not saying Kaseem is that but that's the dumbest statement iv seen in a while. That's like someone complaining about RB and saying if running back is so important Y don't you just go be a Vikings fan already. What a dumb thing to say.... It will only help our D
    You make an excellent point, but it's like talking to a brick wall with Drez. Anyone who appreciates good linebackers is living in a fantasy land, apparently.

I'm officially over it now. It is what it is. Maybe Moore and/or Cooper Taylor will step into a LB hybrid position, maybe Dan Connor takes a step up from his current career plateau. Maybe Dansby gets the look he deserves. Or maybe we get the UDFA Linebacker version of Victor Cruz in 2013.

Looking on the bright side, this Nassib kid looks like he can play, and in a best case scenario they have a long term succession plan for when Eli retires.

Whatever the case, this video mellowed me out.

Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 04-28-2013, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BigJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Drez View Post
    If LB play is so important to you go be a fan of the Bears or Steelers fan, then.
    What? Who the he'll says that haha. Is it wrong to want a linebacker that makes an impact?? Could you imagine what it would be like to have a guy like Pat Willis with this Dline.... Its a very weak position on this team. The Dline can't do it all. Who wouldn't want an impact line backer that's also a leader. Not saying Kaseem is that but that's the dumbest statement iv seen in a while. That's like someone complaining about RB and saying if running back is so important Y don't you just go be a Vikings fan already. What a dumb thing to say.... It will only help our D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X