Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5s for 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its not even close talent wise. But need for QB will probably trump.

    Its a shame though, because Clowney is the best defensive prospect ever.

    Tuitt another DE who can go top 5.
    Lets pump the breaks on that a bit....Julius peppers and Mario Williams were every bit (if not more) the freaks that Clowney is. Peppers led the nation in sacks with 15 as a sophomore and Williams was picked ahead of what a lot of people considered to be the next gayle sayers (Reggie bush).

    In terms of classics you also have guys like Derrick Thomas (27 sacks in a season, 52 for a career), Bruce smith (22 sacks as a junior), reggie white (still holds the Tennessee record for sacks in a game, season and career) and LT who was about as animalist and physically gifted player that the NFL has ever seen...Clowney has a long, long way to go before matching any of those guys.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by juice33s View Post
      Lets pump the breaks on that a bit....Julius peppers and Mario Williams were every bit (if not more) the freaks that Clowney is. Peppers led the nation in sacks with 15 as a sophomore and Williams was picked ahead of what a lot of people considered to be the next gayle sayers (Reggie bush).

      In terms of classics you also have guys like Derrick Thomas (27 sacks in a season, 52 for a career), Bruce smith (22 sacks as a junior), reggie white (still holds the Tennessee record for sacks in a game, season and career) and LT who was about as animalist and physically gifted player that the NFL has ever seen...Clowney has a long, long way to go before matching any of those guys.
      Im telling you, Clowney is a better prospect than any of them.

      Assuming Clowney stays healthy, hes going to have 30+ sacks this season.

      And as freaky as Mario and Peppers are, they arent as freaky as clowney. Clowney is going to come in at 280 pounds and run a 4.5 something.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        Im telling you, Clowney is a better prospect than any of them.

        Assuming Clowney stays healthy, hes going to have 30+ sacks this season.

        And as freaky as Mario and Peppers are, they arent as freaky as clowney. Clowney is going to come in at 280 pounds and run a 4.5 something.
        whoa, 30sacks??lol I gotta see it before i believe it.. 30sacks is insanity.. If he gets 30sacks, it dont matter if a team needs a QB or not, there taking Clowney, even if they have solid DE's , because no one wants to be the team that misses out on the next Reggie White, or Bruce Smith..

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by juice33s View Post
          Lets pump the breaks on that a bit....Julius peppers and Mario Williams were every bit (if not more) the freaks that Clowney is..
          No, I'm with Slip on this 1.

          Barring injury or some unforseen character issue, he is a lock for the #1 overall pick.

          Peppers was not the #1 overall and Mario was kind of s surprise #1, most felt it was Bush's to lose. I would even put Suh over those 2 and LT gets honorable mention but since his skillset was not in high demand by the NFL at that time.


          Clowney is the best defensive prospect I have ever seen. I dunno about the whole 30 sacks thing, but he is still the best prospect.
          Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-29-2013, 09:40 PM.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
            No, I'm with Slip on this 1.

            Barring injury or some unforseen character issue, he is a lock for the #1 overall pick.

            Peppers was not the #1 overall and Mario was kind of s surprise #1, most felt it was Bush's to lose. I would even put Suh over those 2 and LT gets honorable mention but since his skillset was not in high demand by the NFL at that time.


            Clowney is the best defensive prospect I have ever seen. I dunno about the whole 30 sacks thing, but he is still the best prospect.
            LT was a defensive end at UNC, every team not named the Saints would have chosen LT 1st overall.
            Clowney is by far the best defensive prospect coming out in a long time. Asking is he the best? That's up for debate, the best I have ever seen was LT, Reggie White, Bruce Smith and Derrick Thomas.

            Giants fan since the early 80s

            Comment


            • #21
              What position do you see us drafting in the first round? it could very well be O line again

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by jaxnygmen View Post
                Clowney will be the number one pick. This guy is a freak of nature. Giants should trade up no matter what and get him!!!!Purifoy is decent. I have seen him at lot at UF but his has some off field baggage issues.
                Jaguars, Raiders, or Eagles will get him unfortunately

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  Im telling you, Clowney is a better prospect than any of them.

                  Assuming Clowney stays healthy, hes going to have 30+ sacks this season.

                  And as freaky as Mario and Peppers are, they arent as freaky as clowney. Clowney is going to come in at 280 pounds and run a 4.5 something.
                  30 sacks I dont know man thats a lot. I could see 30 TFL

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Hey, wasn't JPP supposed to get "30" sacks last year? We saw how that went, let's not get crazy.

                    I obviously know one is in the NFL and another is in the NCAA and the playing level is different, but the outlandish expectations some people draw up aren't.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                      Jaguars, Raiders, or Eagles will get him unfortunately
                      Jets will be the worst team next year..

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
                        Hey, wasn't JPP supposed to get "30" sacks last year? We saw how that went, let's not get crazy.

                        I obviously know one is in the NFL and another is in the NCAA and the playing level is different, but the outlandish expectations some people draw up aren't.
                        umm....no nobody ever said JPP was getting 30 sacks.


                        While I do not think Clowney will approach 30, it is not as crazy to think it could happen in college(though SCAR plays in SEC so maybe it is) There are multiple people with over 20 sacks a season. Derrick Thomas had 27.

                        Offenses are going to run away from Clowney like the plague. QBs will role away from him, teams will double and triple team him, Offenses will use quick throws(not as effective in college cause of rules) and teams will screen the heck out of him.

                        Still, he will be something to watch this year.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                          Jets will be the worst team next year..
                          They will be in the running, everyone in their division got better this offseason. They are still the Jets.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            Timmy kinda a Bennie logan type, offer some interior pass rush, while also being stout against the run?
                            I think he is a better prospect than Bennie to be honest. Though it's a fair comparison. Here is a highlight of his sophomore season(last year, 2012)

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2gVG-suGA

                            Most feel he will come out this year.

                            2013 will be a interesting year because he will demand a lot more attention now that Werner and Tank are in the NFL. Teams couldn't double team him or anyone on FSU's front last year.

                            Most feel he is a top 15 prospect right now for next year, although we all know what that means(nothing)
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              umm....no nobody ever said JPP was getting 30 sacks. While I do not think Clowney will approach 30, it is not as crazy to think it could happen in college(though SCAR plays in SEC so maybe it is) There are multiple people with over 20 sacks a season. Derrick Thomas had 27. Offenses are going to run away from Clowney like the plague. QBs will role away from him, teams will double and triple team him, Offenses will use quick throws(not as effective in college cause of rules) and teams will screen the heck out of him. Still, he will be something to watch this year.
                              I know for a fact that a 30 sack year for JPP was thrown around before the year started. I'll find the article later.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Kiwi said it.

                                http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...n-get-30-sacks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X