Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Hankins and Joseph play together?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will Hankins and Joseph play together?

    They remind me somewhat of eachother, anyone think they play together alot or at all or sometimes?

  • #2
    I think they are both Thumpers. More likely Linval and Jenkins..We need some kind of pass rush up the middle. In running downs, or most first downs i believe they could use Linval and Hankins. Good push up the middle. And Hankins and Sabino played together, they make a nice combo.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think there may be a time like a short yardage set up that may call for the beef. Other than that it will be nice to have someone that can spell Joseph.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
        I think there may be a time like a short yardage set up that may call for the beef. Other than that it will be nice to have someone that can spell Joseph.
        Ya, so u think its more in case we lose Linval down the line then, because why draft a guy that will be a backup? U don 't draft a guy 49th overall to give a guy a spell... I'm hoping they figure out a way to use em both.. Linval does offer some pass rush ability, so maybe they attempt to use em both..

        Comment


        • #5
          Don't see why not, the most dominant Defense I ever saw (2000 Ravens) played Sam Adams and Siragusa in their base 4/3. Both of them were nose tackle types

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by juice33s View Post
            Don't see why not, the most dominant Defense I ever saw (2000 Ravens) played Sam Adams and Siragusa in their base 4/3. Both of them were nose tackle types
            Back in 2000, NFL's weren't so pass happy as they are today though, and they didn't have so many QB's who can avoid big burly DT's.. It was a diffrent time back in 2000 another words...

            Comment


            • #7
              Joseph and Big Hank will be a good run stuffing combo, I'm excited to see it..

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm sure it will happen on short yardage situations or clear rushing downs. But, I don't think it will happen too much otherwise.


                In fact, I think Hankins was drafted to replace Linval who is entering a contract year. Linval is going to get a LOT of offers next offseason, barring injury. There are a number of 34 teams that would love to steal him away. Considering how many big name free agents we have next year, and considering that he might get big offers elsewhere, I could see the Giants being forced to let Linval walk.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Linval can give some good push on passing down no doubt, I don't think Joseph would command too much in the open market though so I don't see us letting him go. Cofield/Robbins maybe? Cofield was faster than Linval I think but he also wasn't a specilized rusher.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                    Ya, so u think its more in case we lose Linval down the line then, because why draft a guy that will be a backup? U don 't draft a guy 49th overall to give a guy a spell... I'm hoping they figure out a way to use em both.. Linval does offer some pass rush ability, so maybe they attempt to use em both..
                    Isn't Joseph coming up FA this year, you certainly want youth in the wings to cover the potential loss of one of your key starters on the D Line. The first year I would say back up...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                      I'm sure it will happen on short yardage situations or clear rushing downs. But, I don't think it will happen too much otherwise.


                      In fact, I think Hankins was drafted to replace Linval who is entering a contract year. Linval is going to get a LOT of offers next offseason, barring injury. There are a number of 34 teams that would love to steal him away. Considering how many big name free agents we have next year, and considering that he might get big offers elsewhere, I could see the Giants being forced to let Linval walk.
                      Thats pretty much what i thought, and i don't know if i care for the idea of spending 2of4 picks for down the line when we should be focusing on winning titles now, when our QB is in his prime and we got enough pieces in place to be a true contender.. But , another part of me understands trying to set up longterm as well, being that Reese is trying to keep his job , and has to worry about seasons beyond this yr..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
                        Linval can give some good push on passing down no doubt, I don't think Joseph would command too much in the open market though so I don't see us letting him go. Cofield/Robbins maybe? Cofield was faster than Linval I think but he also wasn't a specilized rusher.
                        I think Linval is gonna command big dollars.. U look at what guys with less then Linvals numbers get on the open market, and its crazy, now add in a possibly little better then last yr for Linval which many expect, and hes gonna be in high demand.. With Nicks and Cruz demanding big dollars most likely, and ELI all ready seeing big dollars, and Prince Amukumuara and JPP not to far down the line, i could easily see Hankins as Linvals replacement , which i don't know if i like, but u never know, i suppose.. Linva as u said , can get more pressure on the QB then Hankins, or at least thats what it seems, albeit, u never do know for sure yet, and I don't see another pass rush interior pressence on the roster either outside of Cullen Jenkins, who very well could be a 1yr stop gap.. Kuhn could possibly be that guy, i suppose? Either way, i'm a huge Linval Joseph fan, and I'm kinda seeing the writing on the wall with this Hankins pick, and I just wanted to see if i was alone, and thats why i started this thread..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Baltimore still tries to utilize a stacked interior with Ngata and Kemoeatu. Even drafted Terrance Cody. However, Ngata can play anywhere on the line.

                          I hope to keep Joseph though.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            They remind me somewhat of eachother, anyone think they play together alot or at all or sometimes?
                            I think you'll see a lot of two down sets with Hankins and Joseph (especially if Hankins pans out the way he's being billed).
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                              I think Linval is gonna command big dollars.. U look at what guys with less then Linvals numbers get on the open market, and its crazy, now add in a possibly little better then last yr for Linval which many expect, and hes gonna be in high demand.. With Nicks and Cruz demanding big dollars most likely, and ELI all ready seeing big dollars, and Prince Amukumuara and JPP not to far down the line, i could easily see Hankins as Linvals replacement , which i don't know if i like, but u never know, i suppose.. Linva as u said , can get more pressure on the QB then Hankins, or at least thats what it seems, albeit, u never do know for sure yet, and I don't see another pass rush interior pressence on the roster either outside of Cullen Jenkins, who very well could be a 1yr stop gap.. Kuhn could possibly be that guy, i suppose? Either way, i'm a huge Linval Joseph fan, and I'm kinda seeing the writing on the wall with this Hankins pick, and I just wanted to see if i was alone, and thats why i started this thread..
                              I don't know, there were plenty of good DT prospects in the draft so I hoped that would soften the market down. In the end I do feel like you, in that this is gonna be the last year in a Giants uniform for Joseph. I think it's a mistake because I believe Hankins is way more one dimensional than Joseph, and just won't ever be as good as he is. And if we keep Joseph I just don't know how he fits in and that Hankins is a waste because if one of them can't get any pass rush then look out for a passing attack. I hope we get to have both l, meaning one gets a lot better in rushing the passer or I just think the pick was a waste because I don't see him being better than Joseph.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X