2018 NFL Draft, Way too early edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Richardson, OT, NC State

NC State’s defensive line is one of the best in the ACC, and indeed the country, led by B.J. Hill inside and Bradley Chubb on the edge. Less heralded is their offensive counterparts in the trenches, who are very much a strength of the team as well. Being talented on both lines is an excellent foundation for a successful season at any level in this sport, and so the Wolfpack’s wins over Florida State and Louisville over the past three games shouldn’t surprise too much. Several of the offensive line unit have next-level potential, and while a couple of the others also had standout performances in the 39-25 Thursday night victory, Richardson is the one who drew the focus of this writer.

At 6’5”, 322lb listed size, Richardson has length and a broad frame that has a prototype look for an NFL prospect. He backs that up with good movement at his size, proving quick out of his stance and light on his feet, quick to react and move as he mirrors pass rushers and tracks them in space off the edge. He completes the measurables with a likeable combination of strength and aggression, holding up well at the point of attack post-contact. There’s a tendency to over-lean and bend into contact occasionally, but generally has good control and balance in pass protection. As a run blocker, Richardson is quickly up onto the second level and appears to take pride in overpowering and dominating defenders he blocks.

That ability as a blocker in the run game kept showing up in the win over Louisville as the Wolfpack found regular success in running behind the right side of the line to which Richardson plays at right tackle beside senior guard Tony Adams. He provided a superb right-to-left block to open up running back Nyheim Hines for a touchdown scoring run near the end of the third quarter. One of the biggest question marks regarding Richardson is character red flags, having received multiple suspensions, including one for a DWI arrest; he can’t afford any more mistakes off the field.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports...-watch-week-6/

Comment

• https://nflspinzone.com/2017/10/13/n...aft-october/5/
      Round 4: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

Atlanta could have an awesome opportunity to draft one of the most-exciting and explosive receivers in all of college football. If Thomas Dimitroff has the chance to draft Deebo Samuel out of South Carolina in the 2018 NFL Draft, he needs to pull the trigger. Atlanta already has a great slot receiver in Taylor Gabriel, but bringing Samuel into the mix would do nothing but make everyone in that receiver group better.

Take a look at some of Samuel’s accomplishments from his colligate career, courtesy of South Carolina’s athletics website:
      • Standout wide receiver who was named preseason first-team All-SEC as an all-purpose back and second-team as a kick returner by Athlon
      • Top returning receiver on the squad with 71 career catches for 944 yards
      • Has scored nine career touchdowns – six on the ground, two receiving and one via kickoff return… has also thrown one TD pass.
      Again, if the Falcons have the opportunity of drafting Samuel in the 4th round – they need to seal the deal. This guy is one of the most dynamic play-makers in college football, but almost completely under-the-radar.

This kid would be an absolute steal for the Atlanta Falcons in the middle of the draft.

Comment

• I wouldnt be suprised if we draft another WR, since Marshall probably wont be signed next season

Id put WR pretty low on my list, but id understand it
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
          I wouldnt be suprised if we draft another WR, since Marshall probably wont be signed next season

Id put WR pretty low on my list, but id understand it
          yeah.... have yet to fall in love with any receivers... sutton and kirk stood out to me as potentially really good, as well as ridley.... not 100% convinced either is elite. i would like to see us get a return guy...it would be nice to have a returner that is a threat to take ti to the house. maybe a late round sleeper or UDFA or something.

Comment

• ROUND 3: AKRUM WADLEY, RB, IOWA

HEIGHT: 5-foot-11

WEIGHT: 170 pounds

STATS: 483 yards, four touchdowns on 119 carries this season, in addition to 15 catches for 258 yards and three touchdowns.

ANALYSIS: The Eagles' have a massive need at running back, and since they don't have a second-or-third round pick, it is unlikely they will take one in the first round. Should they be able to move up into the third round, Wadley is a running back that makes a ton of sense for them.

The Eagles need a back that can be a threat in the passing and running game, and Wadley is just that, as he is averaging 4.1 yards-per-run this season and a whopping 17.2 yards-per-catch. The seven total touchdowns in six games is also extremely impressive. Wadley would be a nice compliment to Corey Clement, the only young running back on the roster right now that seems to be a lock to be a part of this team in 2018.

SCOUTING REPORT: Akrum Wadley’s highlight reel is filled with him making defenders look foolish. He’s a shifty and smooth athlete who makes clean cuts. His elusiveness makes it tough for the defense to bring Wadley in open space. Wadley is a quick-twitch athlete who gets up to full speed in a hurry. He has the speed to attack the edge and outpace defensive angles. This is a runner who is a threat to score every time he touches the football....An area where he needs to improve is his pass protection. He shows a willingness to meet the rusher in the hole, but must do a better job identifying the immediate threat. (via WithTheFirstPick.com)

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...d_preview.html

they have him going in round 3. wow. mocks i'm seeing have him as a 7th rounder..... he has been my go to round 7 guy in almost all my mocks so far..... he could be a riser think shane vereens replacement and possible kick returner/special teamer

Comment

• https://247sports.com/college/texas-...th-o-108817017

WR Christian Kirk ...impressive

Comment

• Exactly my philosophy in drafting>>>>. no nobel prize necessary .... just common sense LOL

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/nfl-...nyder-redskins

Comment

• https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...lphia-rb-ot-ol

tyrell crosby and duke dawson...two of my favs getting some love in the article... expect both potentially could rise in draft status if they continue to perform well

Comment

• Draft class sucks? matt miller says so>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...dated-rankings

if he is right... then you have to try to trade out of some picks in 2018 for better picks in 2019. I advocate doing that anyway as it is a good idea in the long run. rarely happens though

Comment

• With Pugh being solid at RT, I think the Giants should look at LG Quenton Nelson in RD 1 if they can't land a premier LT Prospect (Connor Williams, or McGlinchey, idk about Trey Adams after his knee injury).

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                        2nd best WR behind Washington in this upcoming draft imo.
                        1-Forrest Lamp-(OT-Western Kentucky)
                        2-DeMarcus Walker-(DE-Florida State)
                        3-Wayne Gallman-(RB-Clemson)
                        3-Anthony Walker-(ILB-Northwestern)
                        4-KD Cannon-(WR-Baylor)
                        6-Joshua Dobbs-(QB-Tennessee)

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeeBrownn View Post

2nd best WR behind Washington in this upcoming draft imo.
                          i'm not sure who is 1 2 3 4 at WR, honestly.

i'd say

kirk/sutton are my 1 & 2 from what little i've watched, but i've not watched washington yet nor paid much attention to the WR position. so i'll take your word for it..., TY

Comment

Working...
                          X