2018 OL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post

I thought Bozeman lost his starting job at Bama ? Rather have Ragnow been a center all his college career with good stats and good size.
    no idea. who did he lose the job to? was he hurt? do you have a link?

he was a captain>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/1/...radley-bozeman

so it seems unlikely that is true, but i've no idea.

but they said he was the best center a the senior bowl.....(dont have the link)

i thought he looked solid in those vids i posted.... but who am i to say?

what do you guys think?

BTW he can be had in round 7 on fanspeak at the moment.... so..... he is a sleeper candidate as of now
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-28-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I agree with most of this. I was high on Hyatt but he has tailed off immensely and I honestly think he will return to school. Adams has said he is returning to school after his injury. Here are my rankings:

1. Williams
      2. Brown
      3. Crosby
      4. Rankin
      5. Okarofor
      6. McGlinchey
      7. O'Neill ( I think if he gets a bit stronger, he could be real good)
      8. Jamarco Jones
      9. Ivey ( I have to admit I have not watched eneough of him yet)

With Nelson, I am sure he could play either OT position but he is such a great player at OG, that I think moving him would be a mistake.
      lets try to update this prior to the combine:

i'm going to go

1. brown
      2 williams (if healthy)
      2a. desmond harrison (subject to a workout to see if Giants scouts believe he can succeed against NFL competition or if he is small school only propect)
      3 rankin
      4. jamarco jones (may be underrated) has upside
      5. kolton miller (definitely has upside)
      5 a. Mason Cole ( i think his best position is left tackle. he is better in pass pro at tackle i think
      6. o neil (senior bowl shows he needs some work) great at pulling through superb in that regard..maybe not a LT
      6 a. brandon parker
      7. who did i forget?
      i think those are the guys who project best to play LT

RT

1. mike mcglinchey
      1a desmond harrison (see above)
      2. tyrell crosby
      3. chukes okorafor
      4. alex cappa
      6. who am i forgetting?

Austin corbett? flashed at senior bowl , but is he a guard?

I'm sure this will change again as draft day gets closer but thought i'd take a shot at it again...
      what do you guys think?

kolton miller too high or too low in there?

will richardson?
      toby weathersby?

toth?

other?

BTW conor williams has sipped down boards apparently...injury and strength concerns apparently. i dunno man... who is going to be better than him? i still think he has to be up there.... no? was he that overrated?
      http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OT.php
      Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-29-2018, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
        Kolton Miller OT UCLA
        been getting media hype.

I'm not impressed. watch the first play. need to see any more? lol to be fair. he protected josh rosen all season so he must've been pretty good overall i imagine. but man that first play is ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2RbN3C1GoA
        lol ok i watched some more.... he has actually grown on me... i think miller has some good upside.... he is 6'8" and athletic for such a big guy.... he has the size and athleticism to develop and become really good in the NFL I think. as good as a roll of the dice as any of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC50miZnG7A&t=1s
        Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-29-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

lets try to update this prior to the combine:

i'm going to go

1. brown
          2 williams (if healthy)
          2a. desmond harrison (subject to a workout to see if Giants scouts believe he can succeed against NFL competition or if he is small school only propect)
          3 rankin
          4. jamarco jones (may be underrated) has upside
          5. kolton miller (definitely has upside)
          5 a. Mason Cole ( i think his best position is left tackle. he is better in pass pro at tackle i think
          6. o neil (senior bowl shows he needs some work) great at pulling through superb in that regard..maybe not a LT
          6 a. brandon parker
          7. who did i forget?
          i think those are the guys who project best to play LT

RT

1. mike mcglinchey
          1a desmond harrison (see above)
          2. tyrell crosby
          3. chukes okorafor
          4. alex cappa
          6. who am i forgetting?

Austin corbett? flashed at senior bowl , but is he a guard?

I'm sure this will change again as draft day gets closer but thought i'd take a shot at it again...
          what do you guys think?
          I dont get Jamarco Jones, he isnt strong, he isnt fast, he isnt a good technician, doesnt have great feet..... Hes just really..... Average

Oneil has great athleticism but hes a painfully bad technician
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

I dont get Jamarco Jones, he isnt strong, he isnt fast, he isnt a good technician, doesnt have great feet..... Hes just really..... Average

Oneil has great athleticism but hes a painfully bad technician
            watch him against michigan with their front 7 featuring maurice hurst>>>> hurst is a beast and the type of guys he will face in the NFL

He more than holds his own.....

compare that to how some of these guys struggled in senior bowl [practices.....

for LT pass pro is all that really matters... i think he could become a good LT. I could be wrong but just my 2 cents>>>>

he has long arms and good size, should get stronger with a frame like his..... he could really mature into something much better than the kid he is right now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qjdhOgQP38
            Last edited by bigpoppy; 01-29-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Not quite sure what this guy is looking at with Braden Smith. What he wrote is the exact opposite of what Smith's film shows.
              I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                I'd love for us to drsft Quentin Nelson, OG, Notre Dame or Connor Williams, LT, Texas in the1st and maybe Billy Price, OG/C, Ohio St in the 2nd to fix our OL. Maybe grab Iman Marshall, CB, USC, in the 3rd

LT: Williams
                LG: Pugh
                C: Price
                RG: Jerry
                RT: Flowers

OR

LT: Flowers
                LG: Pugh
                C: Price
                RG: Nelson
                RT: Hart/Fluker
                I am "THANKFUL" to tell you Hart is no longer a GIANT !! Cut by Gettlemen , last week of season . Hopefully , we will be able to say same about Pugh [back injury , new contract - a NO_NO ] and Richburg . Flowers ???? Just not at LT .

Comment

• Originally posted by oldsmobile View Post

I am "THANKFUL" to tell you Hart is no longer a GIANT !! Cut by Gettlemen , last week of season . Hopefully , we will be able to say same about Pugh [back injury , new contract - a NO_NO ] and Richburg . Flowers ???? Just not at LT .
                  LOL, how long ago did i post this!?!?!?
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Round 6, Pick 17 (177): Austin Corbett, C, Nevada

"Most draft pundits have center higher on the Chargers’ priorities than the sixth round. My question is, why? The Bolts have Lamp and Slauson returning from injury and both of them are talented interior lineman. They also have last year’s starter, Spencer Pulley, who showed a lot as the middle man of a line that allowed the fewest sacks in the league.

That said, I think taking a flyer on another versatile interior lineman that has the size and body to be an NFL center is worth it at this point. Austin Corbett played all along the line at Nevada, but his best home in the NFL looks to be in the interior somewhere, most likely at center. Telesco has always shown he prefers lineman who are versatile, so he grabs another one here."
                    https://boltbeat.com/2018/02/01/los-...-mock-draft/4/

Comment

Round 6, Pick 17 (177): Austin Corbett, C, Nevada

"Most draft pundits have center higher on the Chargers’ priorities than the sixth round. My question is, why? The Bolts have Lamp and Slauson returning from injury and both of them are talented interior lineman. They also have last year’s starter, Spencer Pulley, who showed a lot as the middle man of a line that allowed the fewest sacks in the league.

That said, I think taking a flyer on another versatile interior lineman that has the size and body to be an NFL center is worth it at this point. Austin Corbett played all along the line at Nevada, but his best home in the NFL looks to be in the interior somewhere, most likely at center. Telesco has always shown he prefers lineman who are versatile, so he grabs another one here."
                      https://boltbeat.com/2018/02/01/los-...-mock-draft/4/

Corbett is a good player, and will go much higher than round 6. He may go in the 4th or even the 3rd. He is a Pugh like player in terms of versatility.

Comment

• article says cole madison can switch to guard at the next level and should goin round 3 or 4.

i recall really liking madison's hands when i watched his highlights. he also showed the ability to move defenders in the run game. he is only 300 lbs right now, but could be a sleeper.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ll-may-nee/#/0

Comment

• https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cow...pect-114862412
                          UH OH^^^

Comment

He's slower than molasses in January. They can have him.

Comment

• Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                              He's slower than molasses in January. They can have him.

for the record

IMO orlando brown and will hernandez are both stellar prospects. even if they do not succeed somehow (anything is possible) they are both round 1 rated guys. I think they both go on to be stars in the NFL. We shall see
                              Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-08-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbGsP5Z9YnY

for the record

IMO orlando brown and will hernandez are both stellar prospects. even if they do not succeed somehow (anything is possible) they are both round 1 rated guys. I think they both go on to be stars in the NFL. We shall see
                                haha, yeah he'll be good. Its my bitterness. If we aren't going to have him then you say something negative to make yourself feel better. He is slow but it probably won't matter because he might not have to reach the 2nd level to block. I don't see many plays of him reaching 2nd level to lay a block down. In essence he's not the type of guard to use on pulling plays imo. I could be wrong. I haven't watched a ton of Hernandez but its something that I noticed when I watched him play. He can dominate the initial line but if he has to run to the 2nd level he's like a slow cow. That's why he's not rated as highly as Quenton Nelson. Hernandez is all upper body strength, he doesn't move like Nelson moves.. a real athlete.

Comment

Working...
                                X