2018 OL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
    haha, yeah he'll be good. Its my bitterness. If we aren't going to have him then you say something negative to make yourself feel better. He is slow but it probably won't matter because he might not have to reach the 2nd level to block. I don't see many plays of him reaching 2nd level to lay a block down. In essence he's not the type of guard to use on pulling plays imo. I could be wrong. I haven't watched a ton of Hernandez but its something that I noticed when I watched him play. He can dominate the initial line but if he has to run to the 2nd level he's like a slow cow. That's why he's not rated as highly as Quenton Nelson. Hernandez is all upper body strength, he doesn't move like Nelson moves.. a real athlete.
    you make a very good point .... i didn't really consider that.... i've not watched all that much besides highlights either.... for me though pulling is a secondary concern to power at the point of attack.......... brian o neal is the best OL at pulling in the draft IMO. at the senior bowl week, he destroyed a cb in the second level like i've never seen..... but he struggled at the senior bowl with pass pro....so choose your poison i suppose. no prospect is perfect ya know. hernandez has size/strength a push and power that makes him a stand out.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
      EWW!!!!
      Sucks hes such a huge cowboys fan, i would LOOOOVE to have him on our line
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• hmmmmmmmmmm, uhhhhhh???????????

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...le-cordy-glenn

Comment

• https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/2/1...port-ny-giants
          braden smith profiled

Comment

Big fan, MAN there are alot of interior OL options!!!
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

Big fan, MAN there are alot of interior OL options!!!
              there really are. I'm of the opinion that this is potentially the deepest draft class ever for mid round rated prospects.
              mid round prospects at QB, CB, OL and WR especially deep this year IMO.

Comment

there really are. I'm of the opinion that this is potentially the deepest draft class ever for mid round rated prospects.
                mid round prospects at QB, CB, OL and WR especially deep this year IMO.
                Dont forget RB as well

Nick Chubb
                Sony Michel
                Rashaad Penny
                Royce Freeman
                Bo Scarborough
                Ronald Jones

would all be good additions to our team

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

Dont forget RB as well

Nick Chubb
                  Sony Michel
                  Rashaad Penny
                  Royce Freeman
                  Bo Scarborough
                  Ronald Jones

would all be good additions to our team
                  i'm partial to rashaad penny, derrius juice and ronald jones, personally, after barkely of course.

Comment

i'm partial to rashaad penny, derrius juice and ronald jones, personally, after barkely of course.
                    And im partial to Guice, Chubb, Michel, Freeman, Penny, Scarborough and of course Barkley, LOL

I wasnt really impressed with Jones, hes good but didnt wow me. Kind of reminds me of Gallman, which isnt bad but i dont want 2 identical backs unless theyre in the mold of Gurley, LOL

Comment

• you will find that interesting>>>>>>>

https://corner.bigblueinteractive.co...&thread=564722

t
                      that is what he wrote>>>>>>>>

"The highest graded OL I have right now is...Not Quenton Nelson. It is not Connor Williams (although I am very intrigued by him and his medicals)

My top grade will likely go to a guy I don't see anyone else discussing as the top name....and it is Braden Smith from Auburn."

another post i read said that same dude said he thinks isaiah wynn is better than Quentin Nelson.

"I don't think Nelson fell. Sy has said in the past that he likes Wynn and Smith just as much if not more than Nelson."

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

is that dude sy out of his gourd or what? are smith and wynn really THAT good?

i dunno man, nelson is absurd. sounds like he got carried away a bit. what say you guys?

what mel kiper thinks of smith(3rd or 4th round grade, behind corbett and hernandez) >>>>>>
                      http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/ind...den_smith.html

>>> says smith is a first rounder>>>>>>>>
                      https://withthefirstpick.com/2018/01...outing-report/

says smith is better suited to play RT in zone scheme in the NFL>>>>>>>>
                      https://nflmocks.com/2018/01/04/brad...outing-report/

i'm confused! LOL
                      Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-12-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• top 5 guards ranked...

https://ninernoise.com/2018/02/12/49...e-big-board/6/

Comment

• Martinas Rankin
                          pros and cons according to the author

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/2/1...port-ny-giants

Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-12-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Id love any of those guards to pair with Andrew Norwell

Comment

• LT - Chad Wheeler vs Round 2 pick
                              LG - Andrew Norwell
                              C - Brett Jones
                              RG - Quenton Nelson
                              RT - Cameron Fleming

Comment

• I think we have to get our LT from FA. Flowers nor anyone else on the roster is fit to play there right now. And it would not be smart to throw a rookie out there either. Solder should be priority 1. Heres the OL I think is realistic:

LT - Solder
                                LG - Will Hernandez
                                C - Jones
                                RG - Fluker
                                RT - Chris Hubbard

Fluker I think can hold the fort down for a year or 2. The OL in 2019 will be better but to me this team is beginning a 2 year retooling

Comment

Working...
                                X