No announcement yet.

2018 OL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone think we can re-sign Fluker and sign Norwell???

id be cool with that, even though i reeeeeeeaaaallly want a guard in the draft. Nelson, Wynn, Hernandez, Price, Ragnow, Daniels, or Braden Smith could step in from day 1 and be a great addition to our OL.

The problem is LT, Solder is ok but probably not worth the money. Wheeler played well and hes a natural LT, but it was onky 2 games (against some great pass rushers, but still only 2 games) and Flowers should be pur last option..... So do we draftsomeone?? There are some GOOD OT's not GREAT OTs
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
      Anyone think we can re-sign Fluker and sign Norwell???

id be cool with that, even though i reeeeeeeaaaallly want a guard in the draft. Nelson, Wynn, Hernandez, Price, Ragnow, Daniels, or Braden Smith could step in from day 1 and be a great addition to our OL.

The problem is LT, Solder is ok but probably not worth the money. Wheeler played well and hes a natural LT, but it was onky 2 games (against some great pass rushers, but still only 2 games) and Flowers should be pur last option..... So do we draftsomeone?? There are some GOOD OT's not GREAT OTs
      I think you can sign both of them with little issue as I dont believe Fluker is going to command much $. But like you said, LT is the issue. Flowers cant play there and unless they dont believe they are going to compete this year, I can see how Wheeler or a rookie is an option at LT. Thats what makes Solder the top option for me. Sure, he will be overpaid. Most FAs are. But he plays an above average LT and thats hard to find. He is the only guy that will be available thats a clear upgrade at LT (think about how scary that is). I think we can find a guard in the draft that may develop into as good a player as Norwell is.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I think you can sign both of them with little issue as I dont believe Fluker is going to command much $. But like you said, LT is the issue. Flowers cant play there and unless they dont believe they are going to compete this year, I can see how Wheeler or a rookie is an option at LT. Thats what makes Solder the top option for me. Sure, he will be overpaid. Most FAs are. But he plays an above average LT and thats hard to find. He is the only guy that will be available thats a clear upgrade at LT (think about how scary that is). I think we can find a guard in the draft that may develop into as good a player as Norwell is.
        We are gon a have to choose between Solder and Norwell, gonna be too expensive for both.
        So who do u prefer??

Personally, Solder doesnt wow me and Norwell does. Norwell is 1 of the best guards, Solder is middle of the pack.
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

We are gon a have to choose between Solder and Norwell, gonna be too expensive for both.
          So who do u prefer??

Personally, Solder doesnt wow me and Norwell does. Norwell is 1 of the best guards, Solder is middle of the pack.
          Norwell is the better player. But he will cost a lot more and he plays a position which is pretty deep in this draft. I think you can find a real good starting LG in round 2 that can end up being as good as Norwell.

Whereas at LT, the cupboard is bare. Nothing else but Solder in FA and sticking a rookie out there probably wont be much better than Flowers. I dont see Wheeler being the answer there either, at least not in 2018. If the Giants are serious about "competing" in 2018, they cannot go into the season with Flowers/rookie/Wheeler at LT.

So to me Solder is more important and the guy I would target.

Comment

Norwell is the better player. But he will cost a lot more and he plays a position which is pretty deep in this draft. I think you can find a real good starting LG in round 2 that can end up being as good as Norwell.

Whereas at LT, the cupboard is bare. Nothing else but Solder in FA and sticking a rookie out there probably wont be much better than Flowers. I dont see Wheeler being the answer there either, at least not in 2018. If the Giants are serious about "competing" in 2018, they cannot go into the season with Flowers/rookie/Wheeler at LT.

what do you think of C. hubbard or cordy glenn if they cannot get solder? Are there any other choices?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

what do you think of C. hubbard or cordy glenn if they cannot get solder? Are there any other choices?
              I really like Hubbard but as a RT. He has played RT, LG and C I believe but played very well at RT. He would definitely be a target. With Glenn, it all depends on his health. I would look into it as I dont think it will cost much to get him. I am not sure who else would be available via trade to play LT.

Comment

I agree that this draft is extra deep at OG, however i believe Solder wont be cheaper than Norwell. Sucks Solder is the only halfway decent LT, I dont know if Wheeler is the answer i can only hope he is, because while the draft has a handful of good tackles none really scream franchise LT

If we dont get Norwell we would be ok with Fluker and a pick or maybe even 2 draft picks, these dudes are that talented. Imagine we had Nelson and Wynn or Hernandez in the middle.... Hell ANY combo of Wynn, Nelson, Hernandez, Price, Ragnow, Daniels, and Smith would be excellent

Comment

• LT - Chad Wheeler vs. 2nd round pick

LG - Andrew Norwell

C - Brett Jones

RG - Quenton Nelson

RT - Cameron Fleming

Comment

I agree that this draft is extra deep at OG, however i believe Solder wont be cheaper than Norwell. Sucks Solder is the only halfway decent LT, I dont know if Wheeler is the answer i can only hope he is, because while the draft has a handful of good tackles none really scream franchise LT

If we dont get Norwell we would be ok with Fluker and a pick or maybe even 2 draft picks, these dudes are that talented. Imagine we had Nelson and Wynn or Hernandez in the middle.... Hell ANY combo of Wynn, Nelson, Hernandez, Price, Ragnow, Daniels, and Smith would be excellent
                    Thats the issue. Norwell is the better player by a good amount. And the yearly amounts will be close. I think Solder will maybe get a 2-3 year at his age. But there are no LTs in FA. I have serious doubts on Orlando Brown and McGlinchey. Both RTs to me. Connor Williams can be a LT, but a rookie out there is a recipe for disaster. Wheeler probably would be as well. I wonder if they would bring Pugh back assuming his price tag has lowered and ask him to play LT?

But this interior OL class is ridiculously stacked, thus why I would go after Solder. It is highly likely we end up with Norwell and that would be great if we can get both him and Solder into the fold. But I doubt we can sign both without dropping some guys and taking big cap hits in the future.

Comment

Thats the issue. Norwell is the better player by a good amount. And the yearly amounts will be close. I think Solder will maybe get a 2-3 year at his age. But there are no LTs in FA. I have serious doubts on Orlando Brown and McGlinchey. Both RTs to me. Connor Williams can be a LT, but a rookie out there is a recipe for disaster. Wheeler probably would be as well. I wonder if they would bring Pugh back assuming his price tag has lowered and ask him to play LT?

But this interior OL class is ridiculously stacked, thus why I would go after Solder. It is highly likely we end up with Norwell and that would be great if we can get both him and Solder into the fold. But I doubt we can sign both without dropping some guys and taking big cap hits in the future.
                      I hear ya.

Brown and Crosby (my 2 fav OT prospects) are good and all but i feel like they both would be OK on the left, but would flourish on the right. I feel like EVERY top OT prospect has doubts

McGlinchey- Is he strong enough, will bull rushers run over him?
                      Crosby- Is his footwork and kick slide good enough for the pros?
                      Williams- Has the knee injury derailed him and his pugh arms?
                      Jones- Is he above average at ANYTHING?
                      Brown- Not very agile, not a knee bender, hes a lunger

Call me crazy but the more time goes on, the more im OK with stocking up on the interior and rolling with Flowers or Wheeler at LT. And taking whatever OT prospect falls to the 2nd round as our RT

Do we sign Solder just because?? Wont that money hinder us later on, whats he gonna get 13mil per??

Comment

Do we sign Solder just because?? Wont that money hinder us later on, whats he gonna get 13mil per??
                        Keep Pugh and let him play LT.

Comment

• OT Desmond Harrison Highlights>>>>>>
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zZaO_TpMYo

absolute beast (against small school competition)
                          can't really gauge his pass pro acumen but look at the nasty

Comment

• The Bills should be willing to trade us Cordy Glenn for a draft pick. If his health is no issue, clears medical....he's the left tackle.

Ja'Wuan James of the Dolphins is in his option year, and at 9.3 million, the Dolphins might let him walk. Problem is, he becomes the best tackle in FA, and will command a lot of money as a right tackle as the class is weak. Another knock is, he's injured a lot, and some say he is inconsistent. I've seen some tape on him, and he looks solid, but I'm sure there is some wth tape out there I have yet to see.

Glenn at 9 and James at 9. 18 million for bookends vs 12/13 for Norwell? I'd do the former, and take my chances in a deep guard class.

Weak FA tackle class and weak draft class at tackle.

If I'm the GM, I do whatever it takes to get Cordy Glenn over here, and hope Wynn from Georgia is available at 34, as he seems to be able to play any position on the offensive line.

BTW, teams will still be making cuts...who knows what shakes out when the process begins.

Does not sound as if Pugh or Fluker want to return. And IMHO, I don't believe Gettleman wants Flowers around...probably looking for a trading partner, as tackles do have value...even wilted ones.
                            Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

• Round 4 (135th overall) - Sean Welsh (OG, Iowa)

I wanted to add an interior player, and Welsh is a good candidate to develop into at least a good starting guard. He can play in pretty much any scheme, comes from an offense that uses Pro Style concepts, and is a mauler in the run game.

Welsh has that hard-nosed, lunch pail type mentality, and the Giants can use every ounce of that they can get, not to mention offensive linemen. [Prospect Profile]

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/2/2...in-news-rumors

Comment

• https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...2018-nfl-draft

Comment

Working...
                                X