Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 OL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
    how did mcglinchey do against landry? did anyone see that?
    He did pretty well but BC lined up Landry against the RT for the most part. I like McGlinchey in the run game, but have to see more in the pass game.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
      Thanks, former TE means he athletic.
      I always thought that Adrien Robinson should have been converted to OT
      Extremely athletic. He scored 2 rushing TDs last year lol

      Comment


      • #48
        17: R1P17
        OT ORLANDO BROWN
        OKLAHOMA
        49: R2P17

        OT MITCH HYATT
        CLEMSON
        81: R3P17

        C FRANK RAGNOW
        ARKANSAS
        119: R4P17
        OT MARTINAS RANKIN
        MISSISSIPPI STATE
        135: R4P33
        G TYRONE CROWDER
        CLEMSON
        155: R5P17

        LB SKAI MOORE
        SOUTH CAROLINA
        196: R6P17

        CB QUENTON MEEKS
        STANFORD

        The NYG 2018 Dream Draft LOL

        OLine first 5 rounds...... OL goes from from worst to first!

        Comment


        • #49
          https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...op-rbs-in-2016 what about royce freeman as RB prospect?

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

            Williams (Hurt the other day though, gonna be out for a bit) Healthy top 10 player
            Nelson - Top 10-15 player
            Brown - Top 20 player
            Hyatt - Top 20 player
            McGlinchey - Late 1st/early 2nd
            Adams - 2nd rounder

            I also like Martinas Rankin from Miss State. Handled Arden Key the other day and handled a guy that had 15.5 sacks last year in week 1. He has made a huge jump so far.

            Brian O'Neill from Pittsburgh is my riser. I think he's got a 4th round grade right now, but I expect him to get to the 1st/2nd by draft time. Elite pass protector and athlete. He looks like Joe Staley to me.

            Thats where I am at right now. Have to watch a bit more though.
            "Martinas Rankin, offensive tackle (Mississippi State) - Going against LSUís top pass rusher Arden Key was always going to be a tough task for Rankin, but he acquitted himself very well in both pass protection (only giving up a half-sack) and in the run game. In the NFL, Rankin may be better suited to the interior offensive line though, as there are questions about his arm length."

            his stock has to be way up after that eh...saw him projected as a center, although most mocks list him as a tackle, but this says he may be "interior" so he may even be a guard....

            https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...l-recap-week-3

            sounds like another great prospect though, regardless

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

              "Martinas Rankin, offensive tackle (Mississippi State) - Going against LSUís top pass rusher Arden Key was always going to be a tough task for Rankin, but he acquitted himself very well in both pass protection (only giving up a half-sack) and in the run game. In the NFL, Rankin may be better suited to the interior offensive line though, as there are questions about his arm length."

              his stock has to be way up after that eh...saw him projected as a center, although most mocks list him as a tackle, but this says he may be "interior" so he may even be a guard....

              https://www.buffalorumblings.com/201...l-recap-week-3

              sounds like another great prospect though, regardless
              Not sure about his arm length, but his frame suggests he should be at least average. Sort of like Antonio Garcia in last years draft. So far this year, Rankin has looked good. If I am the Giants, I dont worry about things like arm length or physical attributes in general. Get guys who can play and have pro ready technique. Passing on Forrest Lamp was a huge mistake. I know he tore his ACL, but they may not have happened if we drafted him. He would have been able to slot in at 4 different positions and hold it down.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

                Not sure about his arm length, but his frame suggests he should be at least average. Sort of like Antonio Garcia in last years draft. So far this year, Rankin has looked good. If I am the Giants, I dont worry about things like arm length or physical attributes in general. Get guys who can play and have pro ready technique. Passing on Forrest Lamp was a huge mistake. I know he tore his ACL, but they may not have happened if we drafted him. He would have been able to slot in at 4 different positions and hold it down.
                I would have been happy with Lamp in the 1st, Dawkins in the 2nd, or Pocic or Elfein in the 3rd
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

                  I would have been happy with Lamp in the 1st, Dawkins in the 2nd, or Pocic or Elfein in the 3rd
                  Agreed

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    "Some might say, we can slide Hart into RG, move Flowers over to RT and resign Pugh, leaving only a LT to be found in the draft or free agency, but are we sure Flowers can even handle RT? I am now to the point where I think we need to just let Pugh walk. It is nothing against him, but we have too many failed Tackles, and not enough guard positions to move them to.... So, we let Pugh walk, and slide Flowers over to LG. Then we let Hart and Jerry battle it out at RG. That leaves us with the task of finding two tackles. Once for the left, and one for the right side.... More work yes, but if we want to finally fix this line, it may be necessary."
                    http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=557392
                    interesting thought there...

                    would add also that there may be better C then richburg and a better guard than pugh available in FA.

                    i could see us drafting 2 OTs and making some lemonade out of the lemons we have leftover for the guard position. But i would think we want to land something in FA..not sure if that is a Guard or a center or both, or even a RT....

                    no matter what happens in FA I think the plan may be to get at least two OL via the draft. It may make the most sense to target 2 OTs in the draft, then possibly more Oline. What do ya think?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                      "Some might say, we can slide Hart into RG, move Flowers over to RT and resign Pugh, leaving only a LT to be found in the draft or free agency, but are we sure Flowers can even handle RT? I am now to the point where I think we need to just let Pugh walk. It is nothing against him, but we have too many failed Tackles, and not enough guard positions to move them to.... So, we let Pugh walk, and slide Flowers over to LG. Then we let Hart and Jerry battle it out at RG. That leaves us with the task of finding two tackles. Once for the left, and one for the right side.... More work yes, but if we want to finally fix this line, it may be necessary."
                      http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=557392
                      interesting thought there...

                      would add also that there may be better C then richburg and a better guard than pugh available in FA.

                      i could see us drafting 2 OTs and making some lemonade out of the lemons we have leftover for the guard position. But i would think we want to land something in FA..not sure if that is a Guard or a center or both, or even a RT....

                      no matter what happens in FA I think the plan may be to get at least two OL via the draft. It may make the most sense to target 2 OTs in the draft, then possibly more Oline. What do ya think?
                      Sign Solder to play LT and resign Richburg. Pugh is going to walk I think. Jerry is most likely the RG. Draft Quenton Nelson to play LG and maybe a guy like Chukwema Ekorafor to play RT. Its going young but the additions of Nelson and Ekorafor add some beef to help the run game and Solder is a solid LT.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

                        Sign Solder to play LT and resign Richburg. Pugh is going to walk I think. Jerry is most likely the RG. Draft Quenton Nelson to play LG and maybe a guy like Chukwema Ekorafor to play RT. Its going young but the additions of Nelson and Ekorafor add some beef to help the run game and Solder is a solid LT.
                        yeah. can't imagine pugh wanting to play in Ny any more & i don't see the Giants giving him the $ he is going to ask for, but some team probably will...

                        can they afford to sign a LT? more likely they go get connor williams or orlando brown in round 1 to play LT. as much as i like nelson, he is a guard, and teams traditionally don't draft guards that high....we can't get both him and a LT in round 1. not unless they made some kind of crazy trade.... so i get where you are coming from..... I actually like your plan...it is very well thought out...i just don't think they are as wise as you are LOL

                        could they consider to trade someone really good to open up cap space and get a LT?....maybe JPP?

                        should be interesting

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

                          yeah. can't imagine pugh wanting to play in Ny any more & i don't see the Giants giving him the $ he is going to ask for, but some team probably will...

                          can they afford to sign a LT? more likely they go get connor williams or orlando brown in round 1 to play LT. as much as i like nelson, he is a guard, and teams traditionally don't draft guards that high....we can't get both him and a LT in round 1. not unless they made some kind of crazy trade.... so i get where you are coming from..... I actually like your plan...it is very well thought out...i just don't think they are as wise as you are LOL

                          could they consider to trade someone really good to open up cap space and get a LT?....maybe JPP?

                          should be interesting
                          According to Spotrac, we would have around $20mil to play with and that is before cuts and restructures. For example, I belive they will let DRC go which will give them an additional $6.5 mil. So we should have room to bring in Solder

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            have u seen tyrell crosby? coming off a broken foot last year...looks to be a riser.... i like that he shows a nasty streak, showing some pancake ability on a couple plays...seems pretty balanced/able to handle speed..... got pushed back on bull rush more than i'd like to see.....but overall good highlights there from what i can tell(which may not be much lol)

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNFrZKIXQE4

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

                              According to Spotrac, we would have around $20mil to play with and that is before cuts and restructures. For example, I belive they will let DRC go which will give them an additional $6.5 mil. So we should have room to bring in Solder
                              Ross is a magician.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

                                yeah. can't imagine pugh wanting to play in Ny any more & i don't see the Giants giving him the $ he is going to ask for, but some team probably will...

                                can they afford to sign a LT? more likely they go get connor williams or orlando brown in round 1 to play LT. as much as i like nelson, he is a guard, and teams traditionally don't draft guards that high....we can't get both him and a LT in round 1. not unless they made some kind of crazy trade.... so i get where you are coming from..... I actually like your plan...it is very well thought out...i just don't think they are as wise as you are LOL

                                could they consider to trade someone really good to open up cap space and get a LT?....maybe JPP?

                                should be interesting
                                I think there's a scenario where our FO decides the quickest way to having a formidable OL is giving Pugh OT money and slotting him in at tackle.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X