2018 OL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
    PFF says Tyrell Crosby is the Best OT in the entire draft class>>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://www.diehards.com/oregon/oreg...le-country-pff

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/stat...2Foregon%2Fore gon-lineman-tyrell-crosby-ranked-best-tackle-country-pff

will hernandez at guard, along with q. nelson of course

also orlando brown at Tackle

and frank raginow at center

more from PFF, some sleepers in there>>>>>>>>> UDFAs?>>>>>>>> https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-line-overview
    I have to watch Crosby as he is a guy I have not gotten to see much of yet. I have watched Will Hernandez and yes he is terrific and would be on my radar in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Comment

how about fluker in there instead of flowers......... fluker at guard...move pugh to tackle.......... flowers can be the swing/back-up
      I like it but i dont think the management would let flowers sit the bench. I would like them to, but i dont think they will...

Im cool with Pugh at OG or RT, hes looked good at both
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• a name i've not heard before projected in round to the bears>>>>>>>>>>

2 ISAIAH WYNN

OT, Georgia

Given the outstanding success of the defense this season, it should give the Bears an excuse to continue pouring resources into the offense. Having gotten Trubisky a weapon, the next step is improving his protection. The QB has been sacked eight times in two weeks. While some of that is his own fault, the Bears offensive line has regressed a bit. Isaiah Wynn has emerged over the past month for a strong Georgia team. Per usual for that program heís an excellent run blocker, but has also showed considerable progress in pass protection. Teams wonít like his size but that hasnít stopped him from blocking the best the SEC has to offer.

https://nflmocks.com/2017/10/23/chic...nforcements/2/

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I have to watch Crosby as he is a guy I have not gotten to see much of yet. I have watched Will Hernandez and yes he is terrific and would be on my radar in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
          The more i watch of crosby the more hes moving up my rankings. His footwork is a little clunky, but overall his game is tigh and hea a nasty player, dude finishes every block THEN some.

Connor Williams was my #1 LT prospect til the injury, i guess now its McGlinchey cause hes a safe pick he doesnt WOW me but he doesnt really get beaten.

My #2 would probably be Orlando Brown, but his footwork seems slow which is odd for such a good pass protector, and for being such a mountain he seems somewhat timid in the run game

#3 is probably Crosby, hes mean, hes strong, hes a fun to watch pass protector, but his footwork is kind of ugly, it looks like hes about to trip over his own feet every time someone tries to go around him. BUT if he gets his hands on you its over, hes beating you to the ground and then making sure you stay there
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Gotta say the more film i watch the more i love these interior OL. At 1st it was all about Quenton Nelson, then Billy Price, then Frank Ragnow, now im loving Will Hernandez from UTEP.

Like Nelson he's strictly a guard, unlike Ragnow and Price who could start at OG or C from Day 1. So far in most mocks ive been seeing him go in the 3rd, which is suprising cause he looks like at least 2nd round talent, if not 1st.

Right now my dream mock is looking like

1st Saquan Barkley, RB, PSU
            2nd. Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon or Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
            3rd. Billy Price, C/G, OSU or Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
            4th. Cameron Smith, LB, USC
            4th.Kendall Joseph, LB, Clemson
            5th. Duke Dawson, CB, Florida
            6th. Iman Marshall, CB, USC

FA. Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa State
            Jamar Summers, CB/S, UCONN

Comment

• Maybe trade for an o-lineman in the FA period. Just a thought considering there are heaps around. DRC is a good trade coup for a team. Re-sign Pugh and Richburg. Flowers, Fluker, Hart and Jones can compete for the RG spot. Leaving the 2 tackle spots empty. We could either draft Orlando Brown in the 2nd round if he's still there to play RT, or trade for Trent Brown from the 49ers? Both are physical intimidating. LT is harder, looking for that Franchise player. Connor Williams from Texas looks good but I'd rather draft Barkley or LJ in the 1st than a LT who isn't proven. We could maybe get some value out of Wheeler or trade for someone who has been disappointing but has potential. Maybe Laremy Tunsil? That'd cost us draft picks though, maybe DRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiantFromTheOz View Post
                Maybe trade for an o-lineman in the FA period. Just a thought considering there are heaps around. DRC is a good trade coup for a team. Re-sign Pugh and Richburg. Flowers, Fluker, Hart and Jones can compete for the RG spot. Leaving the 2 tackle spots empty. We could either draft Orlando Brown in the 2nd round if he's still there to play RT, or trade for Trent Brown from the 49ers? Both are physical intimidating. LT is harder, looking for that Franchise player. Connor Williams from Texas looks good but I'd rather draft Barkley or LJ in the 1st than a LT who isn't proven. We could maybe get some value out of Wheeler or trade for someone who has been disappointing but has potential. Maybe Laremy Tunsil? That'd cost us draft picks though, maybe DRC.
                Honestly id have no clue what free agent OL there are come the end of the season

Id pass on resigning Ritchburg, gonna be too costly and id rather go with Jones (who is playing well) or draft someone like Billy Price from OSU, or Frank Ragnow from Arkansas in the 2nd or 3rd

Id LOVE Orlando Brown in the 2nd, who IMO would be a better LT than RT. While he is a massive player, run blocking isnt his forte, if anything hes a much better pass protector than anything, which is typically odd for someone of his stature.

I was also a huge Connor Williams fan.... til the injury and would also rather take Barkley

Dont think we can get ANY value out of Wheeler, he was an undrafted free agent who hasnt aeen the field in regular season. I have faith in him, due to the fact that he was a 2nd round talent who had off the field issues that caused his stock to TANK

Comment

• 2. Clemson OL Mitch Hyatt vs. NC State DL Bradley Chubb

Hyatt has been a mainstay on the Tigersí offensive line and you can count on one hand the number of sacks heís allowed. Heíll face another huge test on Saturday though as Chubb has been the best pass rusher in the country this season and well tested after playing several top-notch tackles the past few weeks.
                  https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...h-week-10-2017

we can see how for real hyatt is or isn't tommorow

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

I agree with the continuity thing and I held my hat on that as well for this season. But continuity means nothing if the players have no talent. And our starting LT, RG and RT are replacement level at best. And Richburg is very average.

I have defended Reese as a good GM, but if this season goes off the rails, his job should be on the line.
                    I dont believe our players have no talent. I think they are badly coached.

I know I'm talking about a HOF HC, but BB up in NE cobbles together a winning offense every year. I also understand he is the GM/HC and has an advantage, but this HC is a big part of the problem. He has "his" offense, and he is going to run it regardless of the player he has.

Maybe he will learn, but he has shown no signs of it in a year and a half.

Comment

2. Clemson OL Mitch Hyatt vs. NC State DL Bradley Chubb

Hyatt has been a mainstay on the Tigersí offensive line and you can count on one hand the number of sacks heís allowed. Heíll face another huge test on Saturday though as Chubb has been the best pass rusher in the country this season and well tested after playing several top-notch tackles the past few weeks.
                      https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...h-week-10-2017

we can see how for real hyatt is or isn't tommorow
                      I dont get the love affair people on the boards have with Hyatt. In my eyes hes soft, and im a Clemson fan, LOL. He is like Chad Wheeler without the cool hair, hes a good technician but he needs to hit the weight room HARD!!! If we drafted him, he would have to come out on rushing downs due to his lack of push..... I GUESS he could be a project player, but there are too many good OL this draft to waste our time and picks on this jabroni

Comment

• Originally posted by GiantFromTheOz View Post
                        Maybe trade for an o-lineman in the FA period. Just a thought considering there are heaps around. DRC is a good trade coup for a team. Re-sign Pugh and Richburg. Flowers, Fluker, Hart and Jones can compete for the RG spot. Leaving the 2 tackle spots empty. We could either draft Orlando Brown in the 2nd round if he's still there to play RT, or trade for Trent Brown from the 49ers? Both are physical intimidating. LT is harder, looking for that Franchise player. Connor Williams from Texas looks good but I'd rather draft Barkley or LJ in the 1st than a LT who isn't proven. We could maybe get some value out of Wheeler or trade for someone who has been disappointing but has potential. Maybe Laremy Tunsil? That'd cost us draft picks though, maybe DRC.
                        Why would we re-sign Richburg? He can't run block to save his life. He had one ok to good season but he's no good.

Comment

• cody o'connel?

https://gmenhq.com/2017/11/06/new-yo...-for-in-draft/

Comment

• O' connel 6 ft 8 in 350 lbs ( Washington St. )
                            Projected as a guard but at his height he will block QB vision and passing lanes.
                            Maybe RT ???

Comment

• Mississippi State left tackle Martinas Rankin hasnít allowed a sack this season and only allowed two QB hits and six pressures on his 132 pass blocking snaps but he will have his hands full protecting QB Nick Fitzgerald against an always talented Alabama defensive front.
                              https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...tch-in-week-11

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                                Gotta say the more film i watch the more i love these interior OL. At 1st it was all about Quenton Nelson, then Billy Price, then Frank Ragnow, now im loving Will Hernandez from UTEP.

Like Nelson he's strictly a guard, unlike Ragnow and Price who could start at OG or C from Day 1. So far in most mocks ive been seeing him go in the 3rd, which is suprising cause he looks like at least 2nd round talent, if not 1st.

Right now my dream mock is looking like

1st Saquan Barkley, RB, PSU
                                2nd. Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon or Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
                                3rd. Billy Price, C/G, OSU or Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
                                4th. Cameron Smith, LB, USC
                                4th.Kendall Joseph, LB, Clemson
                                5th. Duke Dawson, CB, Florida
                                6th. Iman Marshall, CB, USC

FA. Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa State
                                Jamar Summers, CB/S, UCONN
                                Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X