Top positions of need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post

I think it all depends on how the draft plays out. If we have the 1st pick, I think we look at the QBs, consider Trey Adams or Williams, or trade down. If we have the 4th, I think we do the same but consider Barkley. If we have the 9th, I think we look at who's still available and decide from there.

If Barkley, Rosen, Darnold, and Adams are gone by the time we pick, I think Arden Key would be a legitimate option. Personally, I think he's the 3rd best player in the draft behind Barkley and Derwin James. But you have to consider the value of the position, where the pick falls, and who else is available.
    I'm not sure about arden key. he gained 35 lbs (supposedly to please nfl scouts who thought he was too skinny for the NFL) , or perhaps because he had an injury and has not been good this year so far... he was a freak last year...but he has chicken legs and is skinny... not like clowney who is built like a brick house..... may not be the best draft for Dline this year.... I'm a fan of drafting at the positions that are strong... This year it is QB and Oline supposedly.... i like connor williams WAY more than i like trey adams personally

i would be fine with connor williams as a top 10 pick. If you are believer in building from the inside out... you take the best guy in the draft...that is connor williams IMO. I'd also be fine with trading down and filling more needs.... plenty of good Oline LT candidates, but how long will they last? Trading down, but not too far ensures we get a LT.

At some point you have to ignore the skill guys and get your foundation right. Anyway if we don't take a QB i'd be fine with passing on barkley. Not because i don't think he is good... i think he is great...but because it is the RB position, and we have other more important needs. OTOH if you wanted to gamble that you could take barkely and live with a LT like okurafor or mitch hyatt, i'd be fine with that as well, so long as you thought highly enough of the round 2 guys. it is a bit of a gamble. If other teams snatch up all the OTs, you don't get a LT. about a 15% chance that happens i'd say. it's going to be interesting to see how they proceed.

2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

would you take derwin james in the first round, as a top 10 pick then?
      No. I want a stud tackle in the first 2 rounds.
      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Who do u like?? Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey, or Orlando Brown??
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I'm with ya there... but it is about 85%-95% likely in my guesstimation, based on mock drafting so far, if you are picking in the top 7, you could take james or barkley and still get a very good Tackle prospect in round 2. do you gamble with the high odds?

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

Who do u like?? Connor Williams, Mike McGlinchey, or Orlando Brown??
            Conner has A class 1 MCL injury . Need to see how he recovers.

Mike McGlinchey has the size and all the skills.

Orland Brown he is a mountain but is slow. To me he is Ereck Flowers part 2

Comment

I know, sucks about Williams, he was my clear cut favorite pick in the draft before the injury.

I like McGlinchey but I don't love him, I don't know why, he checks all boxes

Orlando Brown is a mountain but he's slow and pass pro is his biggest knock, IMO he's a RT or OG
              Last edited by Kase-1; 10-09-2017, 07:17 PM.
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I know, sucks about Williams, he was my clear cut favorite pick in the draft before the injury.

I like McGlinchey but I don't love him, I don't know why he checks all boxes

Orlando Brown is a mountain but he's slow and pass pro is his biggest knock, IMO he's a RT or OG
                I just hope Reese and the idiot pull the trigger on 3 linemen in the first 3 rounds.

Comment

I just hope Reese and the idiot pull the trigger on 3 linemen in the first 3 rounds.
                  We could only dream.... hell I'd even be cool with 2

Comment

We could only dream.... hell I'd even be cool with 2
                    I am calling it now A corner and wide receiver 1-2 in either order. And I see my eye popping out of my head with rage.

Comment

I am calling it now A corner and wide receiver 1-2 in either order. And I see my eye popping out of my head with rage.
                      A CB is a definite need, few good ones in the 1st. My favorite is Iman Marshall from USC in the 4th or so

Comment

A CB is a definite need, few good ones in the 1st. My favorite is Iman Marshall from USC in the 4th or so
                        It will not fix the O line . If that is not priority 1 in the offseason. We are going to have more of the same. We need a corner I agree . We need to work on OBJs contract. Both should be secondary fixing the main problem on this team. If we have Jerry, Flowers and Hart on this front next year . We're Doomed. It doesn't matter how many feel good stories the PR department puts out in the offseason . The line will suck on week one and week 17 and the 15 weeks in between.
                        Last edited by TEM; 10-09-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

brown is 10X better than flowers will ever be IMO

Comment

brown is 10X better than flowers will ever be IMO
                            I am not convinced of that . I would not take a slow tackle in the 1st.

Comment

I am not convinced of that . I would not take a slow tackle in the 1st.
                              well you are really good at being negative and saying every why player sucks sucks...don't be like all the other morons.... any idiot can do that..... what is your solution?

But you insist we draft a high round tackles in rounds 1 & 2? who then?

Comment

well you are really good at being negative and saying every why player sucks sucks...don't be like all the other morons.... any idiot can do that..... what is your solution?

so far you dont like williams because of knee injury,
                                you don't like orlando brown because you think he is too big...despite the fact he has given up less sacks in college football than basically anyone else ever....

But you insist we draft a high round tackles in rounds 1 & 2? who then?

mcglinchey has detractors also...they all do.... you can find negativity about any of them... and I'm sure you will... it is what you do
                                I did not say did not like Williams because of a Knee injury . So put words in my mouth I said lets see how he recovers. It is a class 1 minor tare probably nothing. If it starts something that could become chronic. Would you want to take a chance with him? Knee injuries and O-line men are not a good thing. That knee needs to hold up to a lot of force because of the weight it has to support.

I don't like Brown because he is slow . . Giving up less sacks in the NCAA is not a big accomplishment . Since most of the players he manhandles are also probably slow. Most likely it will be their last stint on the football field. NFL DEs are all Ferraris, not the slow undraftable.. If he can't get off the ball. he will get beat. That is just common knowledge. Every Draft profile says he lacks speed. We have enough slow line men on this team. If his speed improves I am all for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X